• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U My experience with Mayflash GCC

danzibr

Smash Cadet
I didn't have enough foresight to pre-order an official GCC adapter and so started Smash 4 on my the Gamepad, then got a Pro controller, but wasn't a huge fan of either one. I stuck with the Pro controller because I'm stingy, then found a $20 adapter from Play Asia. Off brand, but some youtube videos said it was alright. So I bought it, paid an extra $4 in shipping (for a total of $12). Ordered it on Friday afternoon, somehow got it Monday. No clue how it got from China to Missouri that quickly, but I'm not complaining.

And it works wonderfully! I was afraid there'd be lag, but I haven't noticed any at all. I can perfectly go from dashing to bair time and time again. Not the most AT, but requires some stick flicking.

Just thought I'd share. Btw, I haven't used it all on PC, just Wii U.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Yeah! I was surprised myself too, since some reviews on ebay and amazon said the adapter would have some input mistakes in awhile and such.... LIES! I have the original gc adapter from nintendo and the mayflash one. Both work the same. No mistakes no input errors.

Last edited:

Spud of Doom

Smash Rookie
Yep, I've got the Mayflash one as well. Bought it from some unknown Hong Kong website because they were cheaper than AliEx... Goldenshop.com.hk was the place. No problems at all, honestly. It arrived within just a couple of days and works as expected.

Nem

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4264-9955-3401
Picked mine up from Play Asia. I'm very surprised how good it is. The build quality is also WAY better than I was expecting. Also works brilliant in Dolphin with Melee! Mad respect for Mayflash right now.

Top Bottom