• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My brother is looking for advice.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Dragoon Fighter (Kirby) Vs Doom Reaper (Pikachu)

Doom Reaper is my brother's "Code name" and this is his first online match. I asked him if he wanted the recording posted on the world smash forums so he could get advice, (He is not allowed to become a member of the world smash forums himself because he is not old enough.) and he said "Sure". So to my brother Doom Reaper, what advice would you give him on improving.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
tell him to z cancel i heard it is really useful for pikachu mains

jabbing in place while being an extremely effective boxing method, it isn't as effective in the setting of smash

Battlecow

Play to Win
Tell him to lie about his age and get an account here. I wouldn't advise any young kids to attempt to brave the wilds of kaillera though... Some things just aren't good for a developing child's mind.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I wouldn't advise any young kids to attempt to brave the wilds of kaillera though... Some things just aren't good for a developing child's mind.
QFT

Some people have already been lost in the ways of EGX/Galaxy :(

as for getting better.. Learn the basics, dont use Down B unless it's safe, ABUSE (not spam) pikachus throws, Jab generally isnt a good idea...etc

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tell him to lie about his age and get an account here. I wouldn't advise any young kids to attempt to brave the wilds of kaillera though... Some things just aren't good for a developing child's mind.
Pretty sure most kids these days already know things they shouldn't, thanks to the modern media.

KIDS THESE DAYS.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Less than 13 from what I gather. (Minimum age requirements for SWF is 13.)

I'm going to guess 11.

amirite?

DMoogle

A$
Actually, there is no minimum age (which is partially why there are such strict censorship rules). However, by law, SWF requires express parental permission if someone under 13 years old wants to join.

Sorry for the derail. Teching and tech-rolling are two of the most important techniques that are absolutely essential to master.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord

I'm going to guess 11.

amirite?
Spot on correct, dam you are good. Yes he is 11. My parents (Try to figure this one out) Will not join the world smash fourms until the age of 12, however he can view the world smash forums all he wants (I can not figure it out.)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Huh. There's a greater degree of parental control in your home than in most. @star- knowing things and having them said to you by adults are two very different things.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I started feeling like an adult when my parents lifted the parental restrictions on certain web sites (olololololol). On a serious note, it was such a gorram hassle because it blocked pretty much everything except for like Google. And even then, it blocked half the results. :(

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Wait, did they actually turn off the restrictions because they thought you were an adult? Or did they do that because you couldn't get to legitimate websites?

LOL if they were like "You're 13, you can look at adult websites now"

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well, we switched internet providers and I guess they didn't want to deal with the hassle of reinstating the restrictions, and just figured I was old enough to do whatever the hell I wanted, especially since I kept having to bug them for the password.

Top Bottom