• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my bro [marth] and me [fox]

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
huh hey u guys im kinda new at smash boards i just wanted to see if my fox was kinda good i have never went to a tournament before but i fought a guy who went to a tournament so rate my fox i know i need to work on combos and shineing thats about it [srry no sound] srry about spamming the Nair was trying to practice my short hop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbd0aW3Hlq8

I

i8waffles612

When i click the the link it takes me to youtube but says : The url contained a malformed video id.

Adi

Smash Lord
The marth needs to abuse Chain Grabs more and stop smashing f-smashes.
The fox needs to waveshine and be more aggressive in order to punish the extremely predictable marth.

Otherwise you guys seem pretty good for people who've never been to a tourney ^^.

Smash_Aholic

Smash Rookie
i like the fight it was very even most of the time.. i think you know each other way to well :o. you need to play against more people, other then that i think your a great fox player :)

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
yea ur extremely right aholic i need to play more people i barely fight people good like the people on these fourms because most of my friends are noobs i only have 3 friends who are good noel,chris,gabe, other then that im pretty much a**ed out im gonna recored macthes of me fighting those ppl [if they ever come over again] i only see gabe and chris once a month and noel hasnt came over in over a month but im gonna improve on wat u guys told me to improve on didnt know needed that much work guess im still a noob lol [if u guys want to see my falco u can go to youtube and click more from this user and tell wat i need to improve on with him but remember this is optional]

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Marth: #1 you need to chain-grab, #2 Less wavedashing we know you can do it but I mean you are doing that more than attacking him. Focus on chasing him more even off the edge, neither of you did anything off the edge, hardly edge hogged either.

Fox: Use your speed,Fox has lots of it so use it. #2 Use your shine off the edge it's so good off the edge once you get it down. Other than that great match. You guys are really fast and keep the game at a consective speed which makes the match high tempo. Which I love! So great work with that.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Fox: PLEASE consider uair out of upthrow, aspecially against lighter/non-fastfallers like marth. They can also be chained pretty decently at lowish damage. Practice sweetspotting the edge (particularly with the upB cause I didnt see you use the forwardB at all although you should be compitent in sweetspotting that too). Practice l-canceling all of your aerialls into a shine or atleast a jab. Even if you cant waveshine yet, try to jump cancel your shines until you can waveshine. I did see that you had your opponent conditioned pretty well when you would jab once or twice into a shield causing him to roll behind you where you grabbed him, but I would like to see you baiting (, dodging,) and punishing those fsmashes a bit better.

Marth: PLEASE stop spamming fsmash... So many of marth's moves are very effective, try to use a more diverse array (although I will say you dsmashed a bit more than im used to seeing marths dsmash). In particular try to keep fox out of your personal space with fairs (short hop double fairs are choice, although im also partial to sh fair to upair combo). Nairs are also good, as well as downtilts, and countless other moves. Dont be affraid to take to the air, in particular try to master short hopping and spacing your aerials. Marths grab is, well in short its too good. Use it more often, you can chainthrow fox from 0 to unreasonable percentages with the up throw, and a combination of upthrows and uptilts, these combos can end nicely in an fsmash which I know you like :p. Learn to cheap out the space animals well, its your main tool against them.

dude225

Smash Apprentice
Marth---- you need to learn the up throw combo... also try using a shuffle once in a while (short-hopped, fast fall'd, l-canceled, attack), work on edge guarding too... try doing a spike if the fox isnt going for the ledge, and if he is, then either a drop down back air, or a timed forward smash, or d-tilt

Fox---- you seem much more technical than your brother, but you had some problems too... first off, use ur laser...ALL OF THAT TIME YOUR BRO WAS WAVEDASHING BACK AND FORTH WAITING FOR YOU, YOUR LASER COULD HAVE TACKED ON UNREAL DAMAGE... marth's biggest weakness is his lack of projectile, if u stay mid-range with him, he is bound to **** you... by using ur laser, you can get the marth to attack first, which allows to counter attack, (such as wavedashing backwards, then forward smash.... or even a shield grab), but never the less, having him where you want him makes marth easier to beat

overall even match, but more combos are needed, the marth could be a little more technical, and you could use ur range as an advantage

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
:) hey thanks all u guys me and my bro just did macthes and took ur advice [esspecially urs da bear ] and we did a little bit better i can see that all u guys info really did help the both of us thanks oh and da bear im adding u to my buddy list u seem way better then me lol and u seem pretty nice:)

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
but ya still did good and im sure u have gotten way better since then if ur advice helped me real quiclkly i may add im sure since then all that training made u a real pawner

Santi

Smash Lord
yea i put up a comment on the video with a few things to work on, but by the looks of it ,it seems like most of what i said was already covered.
o well

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Didn't read anyone else's comments...

fox: instead of shffling aerials for no reason whatsoever, spam short hop lasers and make marth come to you. Do uthrow to uair.

Marth: Do uthrow to chaingrab at low percents or utilt or uair or fair at higher percents. Grab more; put pressure on the fox and stop relying on fsmash as your main damage move. Get fox off the stage and edgeguard.

Bobesco

Smash Rookie
Hi guys I'm a BR Marth player... i don't know english >.< but i will try to help...
... well well well...
Try to see a pró vids... and pay atention in pró moves. Ken vs Masashi is too good.
Marth: Basic...try to use shffl'd and chaingrab.
Fox With DI
0~20%: Stand grab.
20~32%: Dash grab.
32%~39%: Utult regrab
50%~70% Fsmash (or start a combo).

Fox with no DI:
0~25% stand grab.
25~29% dash dance grab.
32~45% Utilt (pay atention in Fox Di in Utilt... if DI is for Up... use another Utilt.)
50%... Fsmash

The basic is this o.o
Use dash dance and ken dance. Use more tilts.
DON'T SPAM FSMASH.

Your DI is no Good... ... but i don't know the words in english to say the correctly DI >.< ehauheau sorry =/!!

Top Bottom