• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My BrawlNess

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty good. You're good at tail whipping, which is a great skill to have. You have pretty good aim with your PKT2 as well. I think that's what people call it anyway.

Does his thunder maneuver differently at all or will a melee Ness user be able to pick up on it like riding a bike? Some videos I've seen makes it seem to have a tighter turn radius, but others don't. What's your opinion on that?

As far as the bat antics toward the end of the second video (where dedede was hanging from the edge) I was itching to see the yo-yo come out and hang at the edge.

I like the way your Ness looks. Fairly similar style to mine, but clearly not the same (as none are). Thanks for the vids. Can't wait to see more

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hanging the yoyo never worked in Melee, and even if it happened, it would NEVER work in Brawl. Not in a hundred years. Bat into PK Fire would've worked better in that situation, I realize that now.

PK Thunder is faster but harder to control. Turn radius is the same, but the extra speed makes it different enough that all Melee users will have a big learning curve in order to perfect their recoveries again. PKT2 is beautiful beyond reason now.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you're probably right about the yo-yo not being the best choice (you clearly know your Ness well), but when he's just hanging onto the edge like that I really wanted to see a yo-yo to the face. Things like that make me happy.

How is the yo-yo in Brawl anyway? I very rarely used it in melee.

And back to the thunder. I had a hard time comboing with it. I'm sure it was just my timing, but whenever it would pull someone close enough to attack, I would still be a little stunned from using it. Almost like switching from controlling the thunder back to controlling Ness would be delayed slightly. Or at least delayed to the point that my opponent would already be moving toward me either with an attack, or about to attack before I could get an attack off. Do you feel like that's about the same, or has that delay been shortened or lengthened? If that didn't make any sense I'll try to clarify, but I'm not sure the best way to explain it.
Or maybe it's just that thunder doesn't stun opponents for long enough. Has that changed?
Or is the speed about the only thing that really stands out as a noticeable difference?

Sorry for the overload of questions, but you're the first Ness user I've talked to that actually knows Ness really well.

Levitas

the moon
PK thunder shinnanigans = win. I'm gonna try that the next time I get to play, and the PKT2 edgeguards were awesome. Ness tricks FTW.

Have a nice day, I'll put them in the video thread when I get back home.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Right? PK Thunder is too good in Brawl. I've been saying that for like...ever.

And these are like two of my least favorite videos. I want my friend to post my good stuff.

And to answer the question, Well...it's wierd. The lag after you finish a PK Thunder 2 is diminished severely. To the point where it's almost spammable if used properly. But the lag after your PKT is eaten hasn't diminished at all.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't ness own dedede? Oh well, my bro and I are pretty evenly matched as well. He plays a wicked yoshi. You would never expect that yoshi could put up a fight and yet he does...

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
A skilled Dedede can be absolutely horrific. Believe me, I know.

You've done really well here. I love your speed and your offensive style, though my preference is to be more defensive.

I definitely think you underuse the yoyos. For a big character like Dedede, they can work wonders. They're fast and can be used to knock opponents into the air to make them vulnerable. Your PK Thunder tricks are awesome, btw.

I didn't realize you'd posted here, so I left a more detailed comment on the Tia forums. But yeah. Nice vids.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Nice. It'd be fun to pit an extremely offensive Ness against an extremely defensive Ness. You're in Washington? I bet we could play without much lag when the game comes out, here.

Offense can be the best defense. I'm just concerned it makes you more vulnerable at times. But you clearly know what you're doing.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'll probably come down to Oregon for tournaments once in a while. See if we can't play sometime. But not Ness. I DESPISE Ness dittos. I'll use my Meta Knight or something.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I have more video, my friend is just lazy and hasn't uploaded them. You'll find them under the same account as the videos above, just keep checking the 'More from: TheGolfElf" for updates

Also, as for these videos, I want everything to recognize 3 specific things.

A: These videos were done for the express purpose of being shown, and thus I was attempting to do many things JUST to show them off.

B: As such, these videos were not largely competitive. I didn't CARE if I won or lost, I wanted it to look good, show what Ness can do now. My other videos have some dair and yoyo use as well as PK Flash.

C: Due to time constraints(IE the 3 minute Brawl recording limit) these videos had to be reduced to 3 minutes 2 stock, so both me and my friend were being abnormally aggressive, since playing normally put us over the time limit continuously.

I'm not trying to say that wasn't my real ability, as it was a definite show of how I do with Ness, I'm just saying that when you watch it, don't watch it as a real match, our real matches are much different. It's more a showcase of Ness's abilities. Those two specifically were me attempting to do many shiny things with PK Thunder. I believe in that case they were both successes.

Top Bottom