• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MVG Sandstorm - Why Smash Tournaments are Crazy

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
\

I already hated M2K enough so that I couldn't possibly hate him any more than I already did, but I expected better from Zero. Yeah, this is enough to make me forgive the Melee players booing his victory at EVO.
I've had a love/hate relationship with M2K, but why do you hate ZeRo? What did he do? I always admired him on the Smash scene.

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
nothing will beat apex 2015 as the worst tournament ever.
Apex 2015 was very controversial because of things like the Melee chant when ZeRo won Smash 4 Apex 2015, The Melee and Smash 4 communities hating on each other (Especially in that top 8...), the sake of it ending really late, the Venue change (That also stopped Splatoon), the tournament wasn't THAT bad. The Salty Suite was really good, for example.
But I really agree that it could have been way better. If we didn't have venue problem and if Smash 4 and Melee top 8 would have happened at the same time instead of letting Smash 4 finish before Melee could start again, everything would have been better.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Oh, man, this TO is quite a tomatohead for joking with Autistic guys. Even if they are friends and they understand it, there are things that can't be spoken, even if it has no offensive intentions.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
"Smashers derive their very existence from an overwhelming need to get together and play in person - once this is accomplished little else matters."
Eh? That's basically the definition of extroversion. Smashers are extroverts?

The ones that go to real life tournaments are probably more likely to be extroverted. However, a lot of Smashers play mostly if not always online. Do online players not 'qualify' to be called Smashers or something?

Speaking of which, Sakurai, where is my Smash 4 online tournament mode?!

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Geez... even though i am not upset at the people who hosted it since it was their first time with an event of this calibur, you have to be a little stressed and dissapointed that al i wanted to do was watch smash but i couldnt, it was unwatchable... but i guess it was an OK first attempt!:)

Seal

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'm against Melee's continued presence, if the power outage was an act of deliberate sabotage as it's starting to look like according to the investigation, that... that was a **** move. There's such a thing as "going way, way too far", and whoever did that certainly crossed that line.

I already hated M2K enough so that I couldn't possibly hate him any more than I already did, but I expected better from Zero. Yeah, this is enough to make me forgive the Melee players booing his victory at EVO.
I really hoped you would have learned your lesson after getting hate for declaring war on Melee and saying it must die.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm so confused, how do you hate m2k?
May I ask why you hate m2k so much?
Because he and Hungrybox both come off as seriously stuck-up and ungrateful jerkasses. I remember what they said about Project M, which was specifically made for them I might add; M2K called P:M players "Smash frauds", and HB said it was "like dragging your **** through glass". I'm fine with most tournament players; it's really just those two that I can't stand. And this was before M2K ran Diddy Kong just to make fun of Smash 4. It wasn't even released at the time.

I really hoped you would have learned your lesson after getting hate for declaring war on Melee and saying it must die.
Did I say that right now? All I said was "I may not like the game, but sabotaging it like that was going way too far". I fail to see how that's equivalent to what I said in the past.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Oh, man, this TO is quite a tomatohead for joking with Autistic guys. Even if they are friends and they understand it, there are things that can't be spoken, even if it has no offensive intentions.
Alright, humor me. what did he say? I'm autistic myself, but I take jokes and, even hate, really well. That said, I can also respect and understand when a joke goes "too far". So, what did the TO say?

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Alright, humor me. what did he say? I'm autistic myself, but I take jokes and, even hate, really well. That said, I can also respect and understand when a joke goes "too far". So, what did the TO say?
He did not say anything. But, the idea for the Mew2King + ZeRo team name ("Don't hate us because we're autistic") came from him. Despite being just a joke (according to him), I don't find that to be a joke to be made on public...

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
People have short memories and narrow views, the newest thing is always "the worste" even when it clearly isn't. Not to say Sandstorm was amazing, but there has been much less functional tournaments.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
"Don't hate us because we're autistic"
LOL, classic Smash 4 fanboy that looks at everything in a negative way, try to focus more on the positives buddy ^_^

With this accidents you can see how amazing the Smash community is; D1 sharing his own Internet, Duck forfeiting Losers's Finals at Pit IV are two great examples that show the passion that us Smashers have for the game. People focus more on the negatives but I invite everyone to look at the heroic actions of some of this players to make our community better.
I can hardly think of a time or place where Saikyoshi hasn't chimed in where it wasn't welcome, but don't hate him because he's autistic. :troll:

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
My biggest gripe was the god awful moderation for the livestream on twitch. It felt it was crazy mods who didn't know how to moderate and ban people for legit reasons crossed between a mvg circle jerk and ineptitude.

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
Decided to check the ignored comments and I immediately regret it.
Once again, Saikyoshi demonstrates he is a terrible poster by turning another front page article into his personal blog.
Stop giving this self-depreciating clown attention.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
As much as I'm against Melee's continued presence...
Which isn't surprising.

Why are you hating on M2K and what did Zero do? M2K ditched his Melee bracket because of Smash 4 and both him and Zero had their names as the team name instead (which was an inside joke from the TO). Not to mention MVG are usually poor in quality and professionalism for their recent events, so I know they wouldn't fly with that.

Do you even think to check things before raging over nothing? The moment Melee-anything pops up, your aimless rage goes everywhere in the thread. I think you need to stay in your Sm4sh boards and coupe with your rage there. It's not needed on the front page.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Which isn't surprising.

Why are you hating on M2K and what did Zero do? M2K ditched his Melee bracket because of Smash 4 and both him and Zero had their names as the team name instead (which was an inside joke from the TO). Not to mention MVG are usually poor in quality and professionalism for their recent events, so I know they wouldn't fly with that.

Do you even think to check things before raging over nothing? The moment Melee-anything pops up, your aimless rage goes everywhere in the thread. I think you need to stay in your Sm4sh boards and coupe with your rage there. It's not needed on the front page.
I was upset about the team name. Which, as several people pointed out, wasn't their fault which I now know.

I actually did read that thread, which is how I knew that the power outage was likely deliberate sabotage, which I was not condoning. It's one thing to not like a game or its fanbase, it's another entirely to interrupt its event. I was just saying that as much as I dislike Melee, even I think that the person who pulled that wire crossed the line. That's how bad that was. It's like you saw the words "Saikyoshi" and "Melee" in close proximity and just stopped reading there... which actually wouldn't be too surprising, since you're exactly right about how I tend to get.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I was upset about the team name. Which, as several people pointed out, wasn't their fault which I now know.

I actually did read that thread, which is how I knew that the power outage was likely deliberate sabotage, which I was not condoning. It's one thing to not like a game or its fanbase, it's another entirely to interrupt its event. I was just saying that as much as I dislike Melee, even I think that the person who pulled that wire crossed the line. That's how bad that was. It's like you saw the words "Saikyoshi" and "Melee" in close proximity and just stopped reading there... which actually wouldn't be too surprising, since you're exactly right about how I tend to get.
Whenever or not someone did it on purpose, there's not much they can do but to insure that it won't happen again. Regardless, that situation doesn't deserve your stigmatic pity. And I didn't stop at those two words because you weren't making any sense with the rest of your comment anyways (seriously, what did Zero do wrong here? And why Hbox hate all of the sudden? I guess you hate Mang0 as well?). Seems like your commenting just worsen with each news post.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Whenever or not someone did it on purpose, there's not much they can do but to insure that it won't happen again. Regardless, that situation doesn't deserve your stigmatic pity. And I didn't stop at those two words because you weren't making any sense with the rest of your comment anyways (seriously, what did Zero do wrong here? And why Hbox hate all of the sudden? I guess you hate Mang0 as well?). Seems like your commenting just worsen with each news post.
Like I said, I was upset about the team name. I mistakenly thought M2K and Zero were responsible for that.
And I brought up Hbox because people were asking me why I hate M2K; my hatred for the two is directly related and identical.
As for Mango; like I said, it's only M2K and Hbox that I can't stand. I'm fine with most of the pros. Those two are the only ones who have really done anything worthy of scorn in my eyes.

Honestly, this whole thing's just starting to seem like you're trying to drag more out of me so I can dig myself deeper.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Why is apex 2015 considered to be so horrible?
There are various reasons I'd recommend looking it up on ssbwiki or reddit or here.

In short, there was a whole lot of Strife and Alex ordered the 14 year old scotch named Melee.

Last edited:

Joshtrip1

J Dogg
NNID
danielsjw7
3DS FC
2466-4097-7365
People honestly just need to use common sense and be more professional. I'm seriously tiered of all the unprofessional crap that happens in this scene. i don't care who you are. NO friendlies on setups when we need them for tournament and NO cursing on stream and certainly NO negative, offensive, or derogatory comments. Smashers love to be the most unprofessional stream out there. We are not freaking jocks we are smashers. Get it together. and last but not least. NO CURSING ON STREAM. like im tired of people taking streamers for granted. we work hard. Especially the good streamers. If we tell you to do something you better do it. NFL NBA is the same way and they are successful for a reason.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Like I said, I was upset about the team name. I mistakenly thought M2K and Zero were responsible for that.
And I brought up Hbox because people were asking me why I hate M2K; my hatred for the two is directly related and identical.
As for Mango; like I said, it's only M2K and Hbox that I can't stand. I'm fine with most of the pros. Those two are the only ones who have really done anything worthy of scorn in my eyes.

Honestly, this whole thing's just starting to seem like you're trying to drag more out of me so I can dig myself deeper.
Opinion I guess, but you're only dragging yourself into that hole every time you comment like that. It's fine to be expressive, but you're not helping the boards here with that kind of attitude.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Opinion I guess, but you're only dragging yourself into that hole every time you comment like that. It's fine to be expressive, but you're not helping the boards here with that kind of attitude.
I understand.

Andromear

Smash Cadet
Dumb question:​
Why doesn't Nintendo sponsor this events so that more people know about Smash Bros.so they can sell more games and consoles?
Because doing something like this would be a good move to make more money, and apparently some Nintendo executives don't like idea that would make them richer.

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
Nintendo sponsored Apex 2015 and are sponsoring EVO 2015 as well.
I would love to see a Smash Bros. event similar to Capcom Cup though.

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
2 things to say about this: 1: they are gonna learn from this mistake! 2: we need to forgive and forget! This was their first time hosting something like this, its only natural they messed up, cause we all mess up a bit in something were new to!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thank you for that sudden blast of nostalgia with the Bomb3 video.

Top Bottom