• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music you listen to while playing Smash

Weeatt

Smash Rookie
As part of my research for my college class, I wanna know what music you listen to while you play Smash. If you prefer the in game music instead, tell me what song it is. Me personally, I prefer the not remixed version of Minor Circuit from the Boxing Ring stage. My own music I listen to when I mute my game is the Normal Battle Theme from Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
in bracket i listen to either Mystery Skulls or Everything Everything's Get to Heaven because it helps me keep my cool

D

Deleted member

either the music on the stage or music with a fast beat and energy like trance, vocaloid, etc.

Aldolies

Smash Rookie
It depends on if it is a tournament or just some casual rounds, when i'm just playing casuals i don't use headphones, but in tournaments i first start listening with music that cools me down, but when i get into my zone i prefer music that has a more accelerated beat. In both cases i already made a playlist

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I have a ten hour playlist on my computer titled "get hype"
INCLUDING:
Anime intros/outros
Almost every song by Hideki Naganuma/skankfunk
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence Soundtrack
Undertale Remixes
The World Ends With You Soundtrack

All of this gets me really hype and pumped up.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is going to sound awfully obscure, probably, to some of you, but I tend to listen to real music. No, not modern music; I more so listen to 20th century music by some amazing singers or bands like Frank Sinatra or Queen. I like most musical genres, and I admit that I'd listen to that occasional catchy theme from a video game.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Gourmet Run ,any and all versions.
Wily Castle
Stand Proud the theme song from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3.
I'd go on, I have a great playlist on spotify that I love to listen to, but it's quite a bit.

TuukkaTime

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaLesPaul
Well, this is going to sound awfully obscure, probably, to some of you, but I tend to listen to real music.
Are you implying somehow that music composed for a video game isn't "real music?" That's silly - if you think that's the case then there is a lot of music composed in the 20th century which is much more out there (and most likely, you would not believe is music).

For me though recently I've been listening to a lot of hip hop (Kendrick Lamar, Chance the Rapper, Wu-tang Clan) but it changes depending on my mood. I like pretty much all styles of music, and it could be anywhere from the Xenoblade/Undertale OST to hip-hop to indie (Elliott Smith, Death Cab for Cutie, Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, etc.) to classical to anything. I love all kinds of music honestly.

Gen.Excel

Smash Rookie
I don't have a specific playlist for bracket or training, but I usually listen to electronica/alternative artists such as Flume, Gorillaz, and many specific songs from different artists (Tighten Up by the Black Keys is an example - I don't listen to their music much, just that song). I also frequently listen to 70s/80s/90s Jazz and hip hop (basically the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack.) If I had to make a top five playlist based on repeat count though it'd look like this.
Tak-ku - Higher (Flume Remix)
OK Go - Upside Down and Inside Out
Galantis - Peanut Butter Jelly
Funeral Suits - All those friendly people
Modest Mouse - Float on

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Are you implying somehow that music composed for a video game isn't "real music?" That's silly - if you think that's the case then there is a lot of music composed in the 20th century which is much more out there (and most likely, you would not believe is music).
What? How did you come up with that predicament? When I refer to "real music," I'm implying that I listen to WORDLY music; it's just my way of contrasting video game music (which many people on this thread listen to) to the music I listen to. I'm not referring that video game music isn't real music. I apologize if you seemed to grasp that out of my post.

D

Deleted member

lately, i've been listening to a lot of instrumental hip hop. j dilla, nujabes, etc.

D

Deleted member

Usually I use Nujabes for relaxing, but I can see how it can get you pumped.
no not pumped really. sometimes when i play, i play and am relaxed (listen to instrumental hip hop), other times i play and am pumped (listen to techno, trance, etc). all depends on my mood.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I mostly listen to beats but i also listen to techno sometimes. It really depends on what mood i have and what i have on my YouTube playlist.

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
I usually listen to the stage music, but I'm peculiar about what tracks I like- on Smash 4, I'll only play Omega stages with tracks I like; and in PM, I tend to play some stages more than others.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Emo music. Somehow I can see emo and Smash going together.

Top Bottom