• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music...while brawling?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Does anyone listen to music while brawling? I know some people use sounds to play good, but I always listen to like the same song. Sterophobia by Dark Oscillators. Iunno it pumps me up. Lmao

So back to the question, music+brawl anyone?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
You'll always see at least a single earbud in my ear whenever I'm playing seriously. I friggin' love Symphonic Black Metal. I've been listening to a lot of Graveworm while I've been playing recently.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, it's weird. Beats in the song effect how I play.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've gotten Drillrests and Footstooled n-airs amongst many other things in sync with various songs on occasion.

Osi

Smash Ace
I often listed to the following when playing brawl+

In this moment
In flames
Soilwork
Drum and bass - random groups
Trance - random groups, and normally vocal
Slipknot
Spineshank
Children of Bodom
Paramore
Flyleaf
Opeth

Those are what I've had on rotation for a while now

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Melee is more of a music game.
But yeah, during Brawl too.

I guess fast-paced songs are better.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
i actually havent even tried that, i think the brawl soundtrack is like the best ever
epic and all, so i dont fell the need for music, but i'll try it haha

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
I do horribly if I don't hear the game. Although I can just turn off music and leave sound effects on and have music playing

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I won't say that I listen to any specific songs, but when I do listen to music, it really helps me concentrate on a match, but that's just me I guess.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
I only turn on "Time Hollow" while playing. Or else, the soundtrack of Brawl is perfect.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Blood Sugar.

It makes me play better for some reason and it keeps me from staying still for even a second. :laugh:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, I love to. It adds a great deal of atmosphere to the game that Brawl BGMs just can't do.

My favorites are

He's a Pirate - on Pirate Ship (epic and perfect for the stage, esp. when it storms)

or

The Bad Touch - Any Stage with a FFA with DKs and Diddys (the sound effects are hilarious)

Omis

my friends were skinny
Yeah, I love to. It adds a great deal of atmosphere to the game that Brawl BGMs just can't do.

My favorites are

He's a Pirate - on Pirate Ship (epic and perfect for the stage, esp. when it storms)

or

The Bad Touch - Any Stage with a FFA with DKs and Diddys (the sound effects are hilarious)
I frickin love the bad touch. Ive has that on my ipod for months now.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone listen to music while brawling? I know some people use sounds to play good, but I always listen to like the same song. Sterophobia by Dark Oscillators. Iunno it pumps me up. Lmao

So back to the question, music+brawl anyone?
You like hardstyle? That's cool. I don't listen to music all that often when brawling. But I have to try it out. Specifically with that song you mentioned. It's one of my faves.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha I do! Generally something face paced or loud
so In Flames, Spineshank, the old AFI and depending on my mood I'll listen to just about anything as long as it's fast. usually helps sometimes it backfires and I get to pumped up and start turning up the suck

POKE40

Smash Lord
I personally don't want to listen to brawl's music and thus I have my ipod while i play brawl. Music will definately change how you play imagine!

example:
I play slow music and I mean really slow music that puts me to sleep, how do i play?
anwser: i play like n00b :p

I play intense music...how do i play?
anwser: I play disregarding defense

lol

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I've blasted Duality on repeat before lol
True I end up forgetting defense, but offense ends up being a "WTF DUDE! LAY OFF!" factor ^_-

I wish I could listen to music more as I play but my CD player is busted and I don't have an MP3 player of any kind...

Chaco

Never Logs In
You like hardstyle? That's cool. I don't listen to music all that often when brawling. But I have to try it out. Specifically with that song you mentioned. It's one of my faves.
Dude sweet, and yeah I love hardstyle.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Ever since I finished uploading all my songs to my iPod I've muted Brawl and only listen to my music. It gets me so pumped. Especially when certain parts of the songs unintentionally sync with my actions or attacks when fighting.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I haven't played an actual match with music, but if I decide to, it would be real music from video games and not generic rock.

Igglyboo

Smash Cadet
Me and a couple hackers are actually working on a code that will allow you to use any music you want in brawl.
Since the music is not loaded into RAM and its streamed we can just redirect the function to look on the sd card instead of the disc.

IDK

Smash Lord
every time for me. pandora ftw. (not an ad, just saying that's what i listen to)

Kirbythebanshee

Smash Rookie
i've never done this, i might try it
i really like the brawl music tho, so i see no need to listen to my own music

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
Muse for me, i always run my PS2 along with my Wii when i play bral recently. i put my muse mix cd in the PS2 and plug in the red audio cable into the tv and plug the Wii's white audio cable in. that way i can hear the game and have "Knights of Cydonia" and "Time is Running Out" playing in the background.

Top Bottom