• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music software questions.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Hey computer cafe, Ive been wanting to make some techno music and I didn't know what software to use. Anyone who uses music software for creating techno music. Anyone who uses music software please tell me the program. Also it needs to be free. Thanks in advanced!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ableton Live is what you really want.
FL Studio is not bad at all, but after using both, you'll fall head over heels in love with Ableton. Fruity Loops is well equipped for hip-hop style beats for a beginner. Ableton has a steeper learning curve, but can do world more than FL Studio.

After having used Acid, FL Studio, Ableton, Pro-Tools, and Reason, I have ended up back at Ableton for my Midi projects and Pro tools for audio.

UberMario

Smash Master
Do you have any music creation software already? If so there are plenty of VSTs you can use that are legally free, such as Crystal and Chip32, that you can download to make techno music.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
FL studio is the way to go.

AND IT'S NOT TECHNO! It's electronic dance music. (Unless you were planning on make music in the techno genre of edm)

Top Bottom