• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music of Smash: "Tomorrow Lighting Asteroid Sim Love Proto Tracker a"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Welcome everyone to
The Music of Smash!

This is a weekly series that will be posted each Tuesday. For this series, different authors will come through with their posts of music. The music of Smash is simple - Each week, we post seven songs from various series represented in Smash (whether it's four characters or just a simple sticker) along with a bit of information about them - Check back every week to listen to some awesome tunes! While this may not be groundbreaking news; the writing staff here at Smashboards wants to provide a little something for everybody to enjoy. Please note that this does not mean these songs are in any way confirmed. They are merely songs the staff writers feel would make great additions to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U soundtrack. We hope you enjoy "Music of Smash Tuesdays"!

For the third time in a row, it is I, @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , here to provide your ears with some soul-thumping-musical-ecstacy-heart-moving tracks that are sure to get you hyped for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U which comes out this coming Friday! With the releae of the game fast approaching and all of it's secrets that were locked away bared open for all the world to see; what will become of the Music of Smash? I pondered this and after some thought; I decided to continue with the Music of Smash but refocusing it into another area. Starting next week, the Music of Smash will feature glorious tracks from both the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS for people to listen to as well as tracks that may not have made it but superb nonetheless (or maybe made it in some Super Smash Bros. alternate reality). So , without further delay, let's go to the music!

F-Zero
Where Fast and Futuristic

F-Zero is one of those great series that is deserving of further content in Super Smash Bros. but sadly gets nixed in every installment of the Smash series. It is fortunate to have it's titular character, Captain Falcon, as it's character representative since Super Smash Bros. 64 and several stages based off it's games. When looking at F-Zero, it is important to remember that there can only be so much that can be pulled from the series and pulling too much can exhaust the content. That is due in part because Nintendo refuses to make any further F-Zero games. This is truly unfortunate. The F-Zero music selection increased by 4 songs on the default list from Brawl to Smash 4. This is only the default or starting song list so it is possible that maybe we may seen unlockable songs. F-Zero boasts an incredible library of music that be drawn from. For my F-Zero pick, I chose this one...

"Lightning" F-Zero GX
"Lightning" hails from F-Zero GX which has a whole bunch of great tracks and songs. Lightning is a stage that was once a tranquil and peaceful area but was polluted and the ozone layer was completely destroyed, As a result, lightning strikes down onto the area and scorches the landscape. Electrical companies found ways to harness this electricity and converted it into energy and now is supplying nearby planets with great amounts of energy. And talking about energy, this song is full of it! This track would work on any number of the F-Zero stages in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. On the stage list, we have Port Town Aero Dive as a past stage from F-Zero. While unconfirmed, Mute City returning as a stage from the 3DS version to represent F-Zero wouldn't be out of the picture. "Lighting" would be a great track to get the adrenaline pumping and to get people smashing. The song itself is reminiscent of a F-Zero racer; constantly driving and driving fast. The song doesn't seem to take a breather.....much like an intense Smash battle.

Do you think F-Zero deserves more representation? How about other music? What musical tracks would you like to see appear? Let us know below!

Star Fox
Leaving this song out so soon? Can't let you do that, Sakurai

On a slightly less head-thrashing note, Star Fox has a lot of songs that truly convey the entire "space battle" theme that the game has. Obviously drawing inspirations from famous franchises such as Star Trek and Star Wars, Star Fox is never in short supply for intergalactic tunes that brings the power and majesty behind it. Now, Star Fox was dealt a cruel hand in that it's third playable character ,Wolf, was cut from Super Smash Bros. 4's roster though DLC may be Wolf's last hope. That being said, Star Fox musical content would be a welcomed addition to Smash 4! The Star Fox default track list primarily consists of Star Fox, Star Fox 64, and Star Fox Assault. While it's sad that Adventures and Command isn't getting any representation, it is understandable considering they weren't as successful. I decided to include an Assault song that I feel would do Star Fox justice.

"Asteroid Belt (The Aparoid Menace)" - Star Fox Assault

"Asteroid Bel (The Phantom Aparoid Menace)" isn't exactly a fist-pumping-adrenaline-pushing-in-your-face-kill-all-casuals type of song but it would lend itself to Star Fox's already pristine musical track line up and provide an interesting take of the franchise. This song would obviously go well on any Star Fox stage, especially "Orbital Gate" and "Lylat Cruise". The song turns things up by increasing the volume and tension but then becomes much more quieter in the middle. This would be a good balance between the chaotic background of Orbital Gate and the smashing going on.

Do you think Asteroid Belt would make for a good track on the Smash 4 soundtrack? What Star Fox tracks would you like to see be included? Let us know in the comment section!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
That's Captain Meatshield Toad to you!

"Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker" is set to release later this year during the holidays but it's not too late to see some potential content taken from the game! We saw this in the fact that Yoshi's Woolly World was included as a stage complete with music. While it is any ones guess if Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will indeed get a stage, it is entirely possible that it could be represented by a song! The game has yet to be released yet so we aren't sure of what songs exist in the game but I feel this song, which was featured in the trailer, would be a good representative of the franchise.

"Captain Toad Goes Forth" Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

This song also appears in "Super Mario 3D World" with the same title though this one has been remixed and redone to a more grander composition. Again, a Treasure Tracker stage has yet to be confirmed but this song could work well in a number of stages including "Delfino Plaza", "Mushroom Kingdom U", "Mario Galaxy", and "Peach's Castle" should they include that. This song has an airy, happy yet exploration feel that would do well as a song for any one of these stages. As well, it would represent the Treasure Tracker series which is finally starting to get its foot off the ground.

Do you think Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker needs musical representation? Let us know in the comments!

SimCity
Oh Feebee Lay! Blursh! Meshaloob! Blursh!

SimCity, the franchise that never thought would be included in Smash but it did with Dr. Wright appearing in Brawl. SimCity was first released on DOS-based PC and a number of other home computers. The Super Nintendo version was developed and produced by Nintendo thus giving them wrights (no pun intended lol) to that particular game which they did incorporate into Brawl as an assist trophy, Dr. Wright who only appears on the SNES version. His appearance and namesake is based off SimCity creator Will Wright. Now, excuse me while I entertain the idea that a SimCity stage would be beyond awesome but we do have a stage set in the city. That happens to be "Wrecking Crew". Now, I am going to suggest something rather unorthodox but here is a remix idea that I came up with for the "Wrecking Crew" stage while incorporating SimCity music:

Town

City

Metropolis

Megalopolis

I dub this the "SimCity Medley". While it would work as a combination of each song as a city progresses with the Town at the start and the Megalopolis at the end, it would also work as a composition piece that is entirely redone. SimCity is played in an aerial perspective thus giving the game and soundtrack an airy feel....kind of like clouds. I think this can be translated into "Wrecking Crew" as the stage takes place way up high in the cities skyline. In fact, this could be the city within SimCity. Regardless, I feel these four songs would not only be a great as a combination but would help represent SimCity outside of an Assist Trophy, be a great song for "Wrecking Crew", and bring the nostalgia back for those who grew up playing the first SimCity, like me.

What songs would you like to see for "Wrecking Crew"? Do you think SimCity would be a good franchise to draw inspiration from? Let us know in the comments!

Bayonetta
Make this Cat Purr, Love

Bayonetta, for those unaware of Nintendo's 3rd party games, is a recent franchise brought to the Wii U starring the heroine of the game, Bayonetta. Bayonetta is a Witch who fights against angels, demons, Sages, and any other thing that gets in her way. First released on the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 by Platinum Games, the Bayonetta franchise was brought to the Wii U by Nintendo and the sequel was helped funded by Nintendo. As of right now, there has yet to be any actual Bayonetta content included in Super Smash Bros. However, back earlier this year, Wonder Red was confirmed as a collectable trophy through the PotD. Likewise, Ray Man was also confirmed as a collectable trophy. While Wonder Red is technically a first party property, it was developed by Platinum Games. Ray Man was created by Ubisoft and was the first character, developed by a 3rd party company, without any actual playable representation in the game. There are a number of trophies belonging from other companies so it wouldn't be too far-fetched for Bayonetta to get a trophy or two. As well, I would even consider a song from it's extensive library as fair game.

"Tomorrow is Mine" Bayonetta 2

Some may object to this song because not only is it from Bayonetta a franchise some fans do want to see included in Smash Bros., but also that it may not fit the Super Smash Bros. vibe. I disagree. While it certainly does have a different vibe that is different from what Smash Bros. gives, I think it could fit well in a number of stages as well as a track to smash friends to. Two notable stages that I feel would do well with this song is "Battlefield" and "Final Destination" due to it's straight-forward sound that the song gives. As well, seeing as how Bayonetta has a defined image, Battlefield and Final Destination would do well to include songs from these sort of franchises. Another potential stages would also be "Boxing Ring" and "MiiVerse" much like how Battlefield and Final Destination. The song has a fast paced yet light-hearted trash-talking atmosphere to it that would be a great song to listen to while smashing friends up and down the stage.

MOTHER
No Crying till the End of this Song

Much like F-Zero, MOTHER/Earthbound is a series that has been apart of Super Smash Bros. since the beginning. Unlike F-Zero, M/EB has the pleasure of seeing it's MOTHER 3 hero, Lucas, included in the game as well as a handful of content from the M/EB games. However, like Star Fox, M/EB saw Lucas cut from the Super Smash Bros. 4 roster though DLC may be the only chance for Lucas to make his return. One way to soften the blow of Lucas' cut (though I doubt it) is to include M/EB content up the wazoo. As we saw in the 3DS version, the first MOTHER is receiving a lot of attention in Smash this time around. the stage "Magicant" appears from the first game with scenes from said game appearing in the background. In fact, we have four songs from the MOTHER game in the soundtrack already...but how could one more hurt...especially a song of this caliber?

"And Fallin' Love" MOTHER
The feels! You don't even have to be a MOTHER fan to get the feels with this song. It is just so beautiful and wonderful. This is actually a remix of the original song for the official soundtrack. That being said, some may think this song would not fit in Super Smash Bros. and I partially agree with you. But does "Snowman", "Smiles and Tears", and "Mother 3 Love Theme" fit Super Smash Bros.? For all of those, the songs were redone to fit the game and I say "And Fallin' Love" can fit the game as well. Obviously, the song would go well with "Onnet" and "Magicant" since both stages are fairly relaxing. Ad daresay, it would be amazing in "Fountain of Dreams" should it return. The song would also be a great addition to various modes such as the Trophy Room and Smash Tour. While this song may be too much of a slow tempo/melodic tune for Smash, I feel it could be made to fit the series or to be added into Smash where it would shine the most. However, my main worry is that it would not fit Smash but that I may find myself just sitting on the stage; listening to this song while not actually playing the game. The song could be the first stage hazard song in Smash! Then we would have people blaming the song for losing a match. No Johns until the end!

What MOTHER music do you want to see included? Do you think "Fallin' Love" would make a good addition? How would you like a remix of it to sound? Make yourself known in the comments below! (GOOOOOD THIS SONG!!!!!! ::: cries ::: )

Mega Man
Fighting Boy Robot/DJ

Ahh Mega Man music. The music of my childhood. I remember playing Mega Man 1 and 2 with my mother back in the day. When I couldn't get pass a level, I handed the controller to her so she could....but she could never get past it but I was still amazed. To this day, I still love Mega Man but I can never get pass the first couple minutes of a certain stage. Those games are so freakin hard at times. But the soundtracks are oh so good! Super Smash Bros. 4 boasts some great Mega Man tracks from the Mega Man soundtrack library. Songs such as "Cut Man", "Air Man", "Spark Man", and "Shadow Man" are all great additions to the Mega Man track list. However, I was surprised that this gem didn't make it into the default list:

"Proto Man Theme" Mega Man 3
Warning: Turn down the volume a bit before playing.
This song brings all of the nostalgia back to me and really reminds me of Mega Man. And imagine this remixed like the rest of the Mega Man tracks for Super Smash Bros. 5. Proto Man is sadly missing as a n alt outfit for Mega Man and as a 3DS trophy. Hopefully, this amazing character gets his just-do as a Wii U trophy in glorious HD but also has this amazing song included....redone and all around awesome. This song would obviously be included in "Wily Castle" and, while it may seem to clash with the overall stage, a remix that focuses on adding more bass and drums to it would be appropriate...maybe even turning it into a more somber techno-mix would be a possibility, All the while, the catching whistling is heard in the background. Regardless of how it is done, this song would be a great addition to the Mega Man library.

What Mega Man tunes would you like to see included? Let us know!

In Conclusion...

It's hard to believe that speculation is finally coming to an end....or is it? With the advent of DLC for Super Smash Bros., this makes speculation that much more active (and crazy!). DLC doesn't just apply to characters but stages, events, patches, and music! Let us know what you think about the Music of Smash by commenting down below. I know I say this over and over but your input is very valuable and helps me craft the Music of Smash articles!

Venus is still crying over "And Fallin' Love" Cry with him until Friday on his Twitter @VenustoBloom.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm super bias when I say this, but Mega-Man wise, I'd KILL to see Duo's theme from MM8 in Smash. It's just so nostalgic.

On the X side of things, Sigma 2nd from X5, Infinity Mijinion from X6, and the boss medley from X8.

Nice choice though, dear Venus.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Remember that remix of Drill Man's theme in the trailer for Mega Man Online?
I would love that to be in Smash.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
From F-Zero, i think the most music is not very suitable for smash. The one you show sounds kinda repetative and not really one to recognise like Big Blue or Mute City.
one that actually does stay in my mind, is the Green Plant soundtrack from F-Zero GX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNahrBOv7O8

Iguana

Smash Cadet
F-Zero, HYESZ!!!

It deserves more representation without question. I'd love to see a new stage on Smash Wii U, but it doesn't seem likely. Regarding Lightning from GX, it's a great choice, but I'd personally prefer the Aeropolis theme from that particular game. Regarding other F-Zero games, I'd love to see a freakin' Port Town theme in the Port Town stage. But the theme I'd love to see in Smash more than any other track from any other Nintendo game is Illusion from GP Legend.

Regarding Mega Man, I'd love to see Concrete Man theme from Mega Man 9.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
From Bayonetta 2, Final Aesir or The Masked Lumen are honestly better choices, Tomorrow Is Mine gets repetitive. And those two would be right at home on FD, with their heavy good vs. evil themes and FD's own good vs. evil theme.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
I personally never cared for F-Zero GXs soundtrack.
It mostly felt like bland techno, and none of it stuck in my mind.
But perhaps i just need to give it a second chance.
F-Zero X on the other hand... As far as i'm concerned, they should just dump that whole games soundtrack into Smash 4, because everything on there is awesome!
How can you not get hyped when you hear this?
Gotta love that midi guitar!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I admit I don't know much about F-Zero music. I'll check out the FZX soundtrack!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
These are great choices, but the best one is the bayonetta one. I would definitely go with that one.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
I admit I don't know much about F-Zero music. I'll check out the FZX soundtrack!
If you do, be sure to check out the F-Zero X Arrange Album too.
It's basically the songs from the game, but with real instruments instead of weird (albeit charmy) N64 MIDI instruments. And it's made by Nintendo themselves. I'll just embed both the Original and Arrange OST here

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I had headphones on, and that high pitched intro to the Mega-Man track hurt my ears. Interesting piece though.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I personally never cared for F-Zero GXs soundtrack.
It mostly felt like bland techno, and none of it stuck in my mind.
But perhaps i just need to give it a second chance.
F-Zero X on the other hand... As far as i'm concerned, they should just dump that whole games soundtrack into Smash 4, because everything on there is awesome!
How can you not get hyped when you hear this?
Gotta love that midi guitar!
you should check out the big blue soundtrack from gx. you'll love it

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You typed Mega Man 2, instead of 3 for Protoman's theme.
In terms of 'Classic' Mega Man music, my most wanted song is Abandoned Memory from MM10, especially if it got an arrangement as good as this one

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT NEEDS MORE GALAXY MAN ! (Search it, and you will understand what I mean. or else... )
:mad088:

Last edited:
Top Bottom