• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
o shi- Tourney's this upcoming weekend. Really excited, as usual.

Though to be honest, I might enter the Blazblue tourney. I'm more hyped for that than Brawl+, honestly, even if all the BB pros will totally demolish me, angry **** or not. :laugh:

I'm excited for Brawl+ too, of course. ;)

Milln

Smash Champion
Whoa whoa whoa.

Just making small talk, choice of words could've been better I guess. And way to ruin the surprise! I still have another though.

Do you really think MK smugness can set in that quickly?
You could have definitely used a different set of words that wouldn't cause me to reciprocate. MetaKnight Disease sets in as soon as you choose Meta Knight as your character. Papstr has it and look at him. He doesn't like Final Fantasy games.

Oh, thats fine, Last time was a big turnout in my book, it just seemed hyped up before, whereas now its just like, oh, hey guys, another tournament. But maybe I underestimate TN's Brawl+ scene :)
Well I'm going to try to bring the whole crew this time and not just acid, so maybe the turnout will be bigger this time.
We consistently have over 25 people for our events. This is a great tournament for Middle Tenn. =o Don't Make Last didn't even come. We'll see if we can get them this time.

o shi- Tourney's this upcoming weekend. Really excited, as usual.

Though to be honest, I might enter the Blazblue tourney. I'm more hyped for that than Brawl+, honestly, even if all the BB pros will totally demolish me, angry **** or not. :laugh:

I'm excited for Brawl+ too, of course. ;)
Angry Shart always is victorious as long as it comes out, regardless of what the game says.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Edit: I'm also the Master of Video Failure. I went to go record, finally, the final snippets of videos we got, when I turned on my Wii and noticed that, well, I don't have KO's SD card in it. So I searched a little, before giving up and deciding to use my own card since it has the same +Build on it. I got to the "Launch Game" part of Gecko before I realized that didn't make sense. XD
XDD Pfft that sounds like something I might do.

...aaah the 12th? I need to get back into the Brawl mood. D: I've been playing Metroid Prime 'cause the trilogy finally got here a week or so ago. I luff it. But I DO miss Brawl. :laugh:

Peppermint's 3d model status: everything's done save for the hair, some different face poses, and some assembly. :D Soon I can move on to the uv/alpha/bump/mip mapping, texturing, rigging, posing... animating... :dizzy:

I missed the deadline on a contest mah club on deviantArt was holding. :( But at least that's off my to-do list I guess. Though said list isn't much shorter for it. >.>

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
You could have definitely used a different set of words that wouldn't cause me to reciprocate. MetaKnight Disease sets in as soon as you choose Meta Knight as your character. Papstr has it and look at him. He doesn't like Final Fantasy games.

Angry Shart always is victorious as long as it comes out, regardless of what the game says.
Whoa whoa hang on a second there. Now I played a bit of FF4, and it was decent, but I lost interest because I had to GRIND. With all of the hype, I probably would buy Dissidia, if I had a PSP. As it turns out, I recognize more characters than I thought. Also, I happen to like Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 1 and 2. Haven't played the original Tactics, but heard its good, and I want to. :laugh:

In regards to ANGRY SHIZ, I'll just activate it and auto win against everybody.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, like you totally didn't have to do that in that... SNES Link game you were playing, with your constant walking into the forest and killing things. GET OUT WITH THOSE GRIND JOHNS.

I don't blame you for dropping FFIV because the main character was Cecil, and Cecil is horrifically bad. Even in Dissidia. Look at his lips. He wears blue makeup on it. He goes from badass Dark Knight to this frilly little Paladin. tch... needs moar Kain.

/dragoons4lifebias.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Between me and you guys, there will be a new build most likely next week, and there are monster changes for metaknight, lets just say I think metaknight will feel like a normal character and not some cheap piece of cheese after this.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, like you totally didn't have to do that in that... SNES Link game you were playing, with your constant walking into the forest and killing things. GET OUT WITH THOSE GRIND JOHNS.

I don't blame you for dropping FFIV because the main character was Cecil, and Cecil is horrifically bad. Even in Dissidia. Look at his lips. He wears blue makeup on it. He goes from badass Dark Knight to this frilly little Paladin. tch... needs moar Kain.

/dragoons4lifebias.
You shut up :p

Between me and you guys, there will be a new build most likely next week, and there are monster changes for metaknight, lets just say I think metaknight will feel like a normal character and not some cheap piece of cheese after this.
I happen to enjoy cheese. :/

Milln

Smash Champion
To elaborate - I was in a hurry when I typed the above - , The reason i'm on the fence about items/accies is because they do help out your character tremendously. And while they may pose an unfair advantage to someone who hasn't obtained similar power of equips, they also lessen the possibility of being one-shotted by an EX Burst. They also make things interesting. Do you get lots of equips that boost def and have accies and boosters that trigger when you take damage? Stuff like that. I think we should have two divisions:

One with equipment/Accessories and EX Bursting/EX Guardin allowed.
One without Equipment/Accessories and you may not EX Burst, nor attack when you EX Guard. Even in the no-equip division, I'm still teetering on the idea of still having accessories since they do add great flexibility and customization to the gameplay and don't really detract much of anything that I can think of.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I side with the second branch =o

Make the second branch standard, and people can do the first branch only if the two participants agree to it. Sorta like CPing or playing on banned stages.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
sooo.... do you guys not play Brawl at all anymore?
Nah man brawl+ is where its at. If tons of people said otherwise id tell them to run it cause vBrawl is just a pain in the butt to run.

For Dissidia:

No summons:Most of them are far to gamebreaking. Agreed
No Exbursts: The free damage is highly ridiculous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qGuiLwgXBY I dunno if I can agree with this. EX burst are rediculously easy to avoid when someone has it ready
No attack on Exguard: If you Exguard an opponent, you can't attack them. Same as Above
I'm on the fence about equips/accies. Items are far more broken because not everyone has them all and some of the crap they do is insane with all slot unlocked
Also a suggestion of levels is Level 50. Its not to impossibly long to obtain

edit: ok so now that I think about it EX Stuff is kinda poopie. Its still kinda easy to avoid if you have long range stuff but i dunno

I love this.

/dragoons4lifebias.
ok Just for that Im gonna have to crush you with Cecil. I happen to love Dark Knight Cecil more than Kain, But love Kain more than Paladin Cecil. Plus FFIV is the best one. best chars, best story, second best main antagonist(Golbez not Zeromus). That game is sexy.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Dragoon > Dark Knight >>>>>>> Paladin

True facts. I don't hate FFIV, FFIV was boss. I just.... dislike Cecil. Seriously whatsup with the blue makeup on his lips?

oh, and Golbez was ok.

Oh and i'unno about the ridiculously easy to avoid ex-bursts and such. I mean... once your opponent has a full EX bar, what's there to do? You attack them, and they just Exblock, and as demonstrated in the video can just Bravery combo into an HP attack burst.

What's there to do about that, unless I'm missing something =o, Those characters that require close combat to do anything(i.e. Jecht or Cloud) are kinda.... boned by that. Characters with Magic and stuff I understand.

Milln

Smash Champion
Ex bursts are not easy to avoid. They trigger upon HP Attacks connecting. Perhaps half of the characters can combo directly into an HP Attack (WoL, Cloud, Onion Knight, Terra, Buttz, Cecil I think) out of a bravery attack. Ex Guard, when done properly, immediately puts your foe into stagger, where I can Brave > HP > Burst > Match End. From Full HP.

Bursts are guaranteed to happen, especially if I EX Guard you.

The argument of "Just don't combo me if I have meter" has zero application. Some characters don't have reliable long range attacks. Even if they do, consider the situation. I have meter and you are (for sake of example) Cloud. You cannot attack me with any close range moves because they're all at least 3 part moves giving me more than enough reaction time to EX. You're reduced to casting Fire, which is easy to reflect and easy to dodge.

Or Squall. You're now reduced to using Mystic Flurry and Fusillade and since those are the only attacks I now need to even remotely worry about, my opponent is severely limited and I can proceed to hit him anyway.

Afterthought: There's a couple accessories that transform EX Force and EX Cores gotten into Brave. We could make it mandatory to equip those.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Hey KO,

Word in the nightly build thread is that there will be a new one very soon.

Could you just agree to use 5.0 for this tournament so if 5.1 comes out between now and the tourney, people won't end up having to adapt to drastic changes at the last minute? It sounds like there are going to be a lot of changes this time. Several characters are getting heavily revamped, along with big changes to the ledge game, and roll/air dodge/spot dodge mechanics.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Hey KO,

Word in the nightly build thread is that there will be a new one very soon.

Could you just agree to use 5.0 for this tournament so if 5.1 comes out between now and the tourney, people won't end up having to adapt to drastic changes at the last minute? It sounds like there are going to be a lot of changes this time. Several characters are getting heavily revamped, along with big changes to the ledge game, and roll/air dodge/spot dodge mechanics.
I agree with this. Last time, there was a change to the planned build, and while it wasn't too last minute, there were still a few changes. But if this as drastic as people say, then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to switch the night before the tourney for example.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yeah im fine with staying with 5.0 for the tourney.

but you should always be playing the most updated Brawl+ at all times until the is a gold version. if the update comes like 2-3 days before the tourney then we will stick the the previous but if its like a week then the newest set is what we will play with.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
yeah im fine with staying with 5.0 for the tourney.

but you should always be playing the most updated Brawl+ at all times until the is a gold version. if the update comes like 2-3 days before the tourney then we will stick the the previous but if its like a week then the newest set is what we will play with.
That sounds reasonable.

On a different note, Steakhouse XTs are the best thing ever. om nom nom

Milln

Smash Champion
So it seems I will most likely be attending along with some people.

Some of Run7 may go as well.

I WANT TO RUN A MELEE TOURNAMENT AS WELL (srs)
I wuv Chad a lot. =3 Hey don't you have Dissidia?

And BlazBlue? EPICOSITYYYYYYYYYY fuggin stay up all night being awesome and do bad at the event! >OOOO

I'll bring the chips, you guys bring the Munchkin.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Kinda put off brawl+ till the night before last time, now that I have had time to actually learn the game a little expect a non-MK main out of me, although I might CP him for some matchups, depending on how the day goes.

Sucks Zeon can't make it, Ganon is great fun to watch.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Everyone Bring TVs, Wii's or Gamecubes, Power Strips, Melee and Brawl (if you have both) Lets get as much going as Possible.

Just FYI Brawl+ doubles and BlazBlue go First the Melee Singles and Brawl+ Singles. There is no way in hell that ill be able to have melee doubles with everything.

ps who all is staying the night at my place on friday night? Id like to know before everyone just shows up lol.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
So like are we going to Steak n Shake or IHOP or whatevz afterward? That Chik Fil A has epic shakes, but if we hit up SnS afterward, I may have to hold up on the shake goodness till then

meat crayons

Milln

Smash Champion
ps who all is staying the night at my place on friday night? Id like to know before everyone just shows up lol.
This is super late notice but I have just been informed that I'll have the house to my entire self until Sunday.

WHAT THIS MEANS IS: If no one minds a little extra drive to my house/to the venue, we can have the smashfest here and enjoy much more space and comfy cozy quarters. I can literally house as many people as cars can fit in my driveway (which can be about... 4? 5? KO, Slash, Papstr, the rest of Slash's crew I can pick you up.) I also have an oven. And a stove. And a toaster. gimme a phone call if you're interested. Most of you already have my phone number or can get it from someone you know. Basically i'm only gonna do this if KO wants to come over instead of house, because separating the smashfests is dumb.

I love Chad, nes n00b, and HyperDragon. =3

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
This is super late notice but I have just been informed that I'll have the house to my entire self until Sunday.

WHAT THIS MEANS IS: If no one minds a little extra drive to my house/to the venue, we can have the smashfest here and enjoy much more space and comfy cozy quarters. I can literally house as many people as cars can fit in my driveway (which can be about... 4? 5? KO, Slash, Papstr, the rest of Slash's crew I can pick you up.) I also have an oven. And a stove. And a toaster. gimme a phone call if you're interested. Most of you already have my phone number or can get it from someone you know. Basically i'm only gonna do this if KO wants to come over instead of house, because separating the smashfests is dumb.

I love Chad, nes n00b, and HyperDragon. =3
Ill have it at my place as per usual cause its kinda a lot easier for everyone.

but I cant say how awesome this picture was. just need to emphasize this more.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I MIGHT come to this. I've been playing the Aion beta a lot, but I'd like to enter the BB tourney again. Hmm...we'll see.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
'Tis gonna be a good tournament.

See everyone there. I'll actually have some cash to MM more this time, so hit me up now or at the venue if you are interested.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Wunderbar.

I'll make it up to Tennessee again sometime to see ya'll fine peoples. Sometime, eventually.

Top Bottom