• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mumkhar: Traitor of the Homs (XENOBLADE CHRONICLES SPOILERS INSIDE)

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
This is my first time making a thread here, so forgive me if I do something wrong.

Also, one last SPOILER WARNING just in case you didn't see the caps lock title.

Overview-- Why Mumkhar?
Mumkhar and his alias Metal face are the first major antagonists in the game Xenoblade Chronicles. He's not the most important bad guy in the game, nor is he the most evil or the most powerful. He is, however, one of the most well-written and has more personal connections to Shulk and his friends than any other villain in Xenoblade.

Mumkhar was once on of Dunban's allies the battle of sword valley, although he really only wanted the steal the steal the Monado from Dunban during the chaos of the battle. Once the going gets tough, Mumkhar abandons his comrades in order to save his own skin. Of course weak as Mumkhar was, he was inevitably killed by a group of Mechon since he didn't have Dickson or Dunban to protect him.

But if you played Xenoblade Chronicles to a certain point, you know that Mumkhar was not killed. He was, in fact, transformed into a faced Mechon-- Metal Face. This was one of the biggest plot twists in Xenoblade. The same Metal face that "killed" Fiora and made Shulk and Reyn embark on their journey to kill all Mechon. The same Metal face the killed Melia's father and the emperor of Alcamoth. Yeah, this was big. In fact, for the first half of the game, Metal Face is the primary antagonist until Egil is revealed to be the true leader of the Mechon.

I don't think Mumkhar deserves a spot on the roster over Shulk. I don't think he deserves a spot over more deserving characters from other franchises either. Hell, I'm not even sure if he deserves to be on the roster more than Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, Riki, Dickson, Zanza, or anyone else from Xenoblade. I just really like the Character and thought that if we got another Xenoblade rep after Shulk, we might as well make it another villain and a character with good moveset potential. The only problem with Mumkhar being on the roster would be the spoiler of him not being dead. (But spoilers never stopped Sheik/Zelda from happening either)

Example moveset for Wolverine Mumkhar

Mumkhar is a close range figher who is pretty fast and does damage quickly. His claws lack KO power, so he might need high percents to get a kill but this isn't a problem since he can rack up damage pretty quickly. Since his body is made out of metal, he is heavyweight with a fast falling speed

Weight:9
Speed: 6
Jump:5
Power: 8
Fall Speed: 10

Crouch: Yes
Crawl: No
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Entry animation: Metal Face flies from the sky and Mumkhar jumps out. Metal face then flies away.

Jab combo- Mumkhar Slashes once, then again with his other hand and then finishes with a powerful stab. Pretty simple. 2-6%

Dash attack- Mumkhar slashes in front of him. Relatively high knockback but hard to do followups with. 16%

F- tilit- quick slash to the front. decent stun. 7%

U tilt- Punches upwards- 10%

D tilt- Sweeps the floor with one arm. 8- 14%

Up Smash- Mumkhar slashes upwards for high damage and hit stun and low knockback. Can be used to combo in aerials.

Side Smash- Mumkhar does a mighty kick. Has a bit of starting lag, but can KO at low percents. Possibly Mumkhar's best KO move 27% uncharged 40% fully charged

Down Smash- Mumkhar spins around and slashes downwards in both directions. Multihit move. Basically Peach's down smash, but weaker. 10- 70% depending on how many hits are landed and how charged the move is.

F-Air- Mumkhar slashes foward quickly. Basically Megaman's f-air. Can KO opponents semi-reliably and can be used for combos. 16-19%

Down air- Mumkhar kicks downwards. Very strong spike. 14 %

Back Air- Sex kick behind Mumkhar. Good KO power. 11% then 10% afterwards

Nair- Mumkhar does a twirl with his claws. 2-22% damage

Pummel- Repeated stabs with his claws- 4-5%

Back Throw- Mumkhar spins then throws his foe far 5-7%

F Throw- Mumkhar throws his foe with one arm and kicks at the same time 4-6%

Up Throw- Holds foe with one arm then throws them up while delivering a slash- 6-10%

D Throw- Mumkhar puts in foe down, then stabs them right in the gut. very strong. 7-13%

Neutral Special: Super Spin- Basically a clone move of DK's spin or Meta Knight's tornado. The tornado has a bigger range and damage than both of those moves, but has less horizontal movement, so it is a worse recovery move. It also reflects all projectiles that hit it. Can do up to 60% if all hits connect (this might seem like a lot, but it has knockback so you'll probably take like 20%) Can be a deacly KO move when off stage but, it sends Mumkhar into a helpless state so it's best not to do this very often)

Side Special: Fiery Pain IV- Mumkhar's talent art. A chargeable projectile that has a fire effect. It's effect is similar to Robin's Thoron. It's very weak when uncharged but the range of the projectile is decent. (it can travel about 60% final destination when fully charged, 40% uncharged). It does have very high knockback on the tip of the beam when fully charged. Can be charged to full very quickly. (about 2 seconds) Good KO move when offstage and edge guarding tool. 2% uncharged 15% fully charged.

(Not sure if the neutral special should be the side special or vice versa)

Up Special: Eagle Slash- Mumkhar Yells "Die!" And a purple aura appears around him. He can can then launch himself in any direction. This move is similar to the Fire Fox special. When mumkhar launches himself, he will slash anyonehe comes in contact with. The move can be charged to improve the range and damage. low knockback. 9-18% percent

Down Special: Corner- Mumkhar becomes invisible for a brief second and is immune to all damage

Final Smash: Metal Face- The Metal Face Mechon suit flies down and Mumkhar jumps inside. While he's inside he's immune to all damage (unless he's toppled lol) and his recovery turns him into a jet engine which lets him fly anywhere on the stage. His Fiery pain special is changed into chargeable laser, similar to the landmaster's. Mumkhar's attacks are all more powerful in this form and his claws have more range. Since Metal Face can be remote controlled, Mumkar can jump out and the two entities can be controlled separately, either Ice Climbers style or by just having an unmanned Metal Face be AI controlled.(I'm not sure what would work better) By having Mumkhar separate from Metal face, you can so some sick combos to KO people quicker, but it will be harder to pull off than just using Metal Face and the Final Smash will expire faster.

Metal Face

Example of the Metal Face flying. Couldn't find a better picture.

Taunts:
1. Wags his finger, as Metal Face has been known to do to Shulk and company many times.

2. "Weak! Weak and pathetic!"

3. "What's it to be weaklings? Grovel at my feet and beg?"

Victory Animation: Mumkhar jumps out of Metal Face and Says "Look at you, worthless without the Monado"

Supporters

Um.... Not sure if this needs anything else, but I'll edit grammer and the support list later.

Cool pictures I guess.

\

Emergency Mii because he's probably not going to be in the game lol

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
*gasp*
Someone beat me to making this thread? I was literally typing it up right now.
But regardless, while I would think Shulk would get in first, I'd love to see the glorious Metal Face get into Sm4sh alongside him

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
*gasp*
Someone beat me to making this thread? I was literally typing it up right now.
But regardless, while I would think Shulk would get in first, I'd love to see the glorious Metal Face get into Sm4sh alongside him
haha, sorry for beating you toot the punch, but I guess great minds think alike. If you want to share your ideas, I'll gladly add them into the OP.

Also, adding you to the support list.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Isn't the thread title a spoiler in of itself? Just saying.
He literally betrays Dickson and Dunban in the tutorial battle though, and he's obviously evil. It's not really a spoiler to say he betrayed them. Just his identity as a certain face.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Mumkhar is the best! I'd love to see him in as a stage boss. Add me to the supporters!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I would love to see Mumkhar as a stage boss--in his Faced Mechon, of course. But, I seriously doubt he will make it as playable.

If Shulk is in the match, he and Metal Face could exchange brief hostile chatter. When Mumkhar appears on the stage, Shulk could snarl, "Metal Face!" Metal Face could then respond with something like "Aww, it's the Monado boy" or some other taunting gesture.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Mumkhar as a stage boss--in his Faced Mechon, of course. But, I seriously doubt he will make it as playable.

If Shulk is in the match, he and Metal Face could exchange brief hostile chatter. When Mumkhar appears on the stage, Shulk could snarl, "Metal Face!" Metal Face could then respond with something like "Aww, it's the Monado boy" or some other taunting gesture.
Hey, I really don't expect Mumkhar to make it as a playable character either. I just thought it would be cool if he somehow made it in, so I made a thread.

In fact, I'd be more than satisfied if your idea came true too. A Metal Face boss with a Shulk chatter easter egg would be amazing too.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Because I'm a Ridley supporter, I'm sorely tempted to support Metal Face for Smash 5.

Hell, they're really friggin similar.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Because I'm a Ridley supporter, I'm sorely tempted to support Metal Face for Smash 5.

Hell, they're really friggin similar.
1.) I agree
2.) After seeing all the confusion over the Metal Face shadow in Shulk's reveal, I demand that Ridley have a British (cockney would be amazing) accent if they ever give him voiced lines.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I support, but I will say that I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a playable character since the ending to Shulk's trailer was pretty much the same as Palutena's and Dark Pit is all but confirmed.

He will probably be a boss if not a character though.

But the leak could just have been a super elaborate fake and Dark Pit could just be a costume still.

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'll add any new supporters to the list.

Well, I guess this was a success?
I didn't expect much more than a Metal Face boss and I super happy that we at least got that.

Or we could be in a Ridley situation where the boss shadow has a chance of being a playable character. Either way, Mumkhar will play a significant roll in Smash Bros., so I'll consider this a success.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Sorry for coming in and being off-topic, but I'm laughing at how Dickson's name is censored.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
(Mumkhar) Metal Face is a boss on the Wii U version of Gaur Plains, He comes out at nigh at looks really cool. You can KO him and he commentates on the battle. Mewtwo was also confirmed as DLC.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy that Mumkhar got special treatment over the other Xenoblade characters. Major stage boss & new HD model is more than enough for me.

Top Bottom