• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple Mains

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
How many mains have you been through from the time you started brawl until now?

4 for me.

I started with Pit back when I first got Brawl and since then I have moved from Pit > TL > DDK > Olimar.

I am currently screwing around with Ganon and Lucas, but I am not sure if either will ever move into my main spot.

So anyone else with a list? I am curious to see if I am more fickle than the average smasher.

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
Bowser has always been my "true" main, but otherwise I've had every single character as a main, some for longer periods of time than others. I'm currently with Wario and am leaning towards maining Pikachu a second time.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I use mainly, Lucas, followed by Diddy Kong and Wolf, and now I have added Link and Toon Link to the list. Everyone else is a matter of choice but not first-choice.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
LOL i have a lot of mains: Bowser, Wario, Pit, Toon Link and Snake but recently i've added meta knight and ice climbers to the list.

After spending ages narrowing it down I need to do it again, I tend to do consistently well as Bowser and Toon Link and tend to do worse as Wario I really enjoy playing as him...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Sheik was basically my first main. Now its Marth, though I consider Pikachu, Ike, and Falcon my co-mains/secondaries.

meery

Smash Cadet
I started with PT then I started using kirby.Pt became my scondary with lucario and snake. I also picked up MK and pit as mains.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i pretty much play sheik/zelda exclusively now, but that's only because she's the funnest

my ic's, kirby, and ddd can definitely hang with her and i'd use them in tourny

BSP

Smash Legend
I use mario, sonic, and ness most of the time. Luigi is a secondary, and I might add link to the list.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
At first my mains were Fox, mario and marth.

Then i went to Pit, mario and meta knight.(Dropped Marth and fox)

And finally when i unlocked all characters, my mains were Meta Knight, Pit, Marth(picked him up again), Sonic, and Olimar.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
To have more than one main makes no sense. When you talk about a "main" anything, you refer to a single object.
I've been switching mains and I'm currently using Pit. Previous ones included Ike, Lucas, Samus, ICs, Sonic, Snake, Olimar, and Peach.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
I happen to have 2, Mario and Ness. With Kirby and DK as secondaries. And near half the cast as thirds.

This is also a fairly common topic, and I'm positive there's another thread for this open. Search next time, please.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223392

My bad. I searched titles for "main" and the majority are addressing why you chose the main, or what move you use, and many other things. There were like 170 results so hopefully you can excuse the overlook.

O and in regards to secondaries and thirds, I am the same way. I have a handful of secondaries and the majority of the rest of the cast as thirds. Then again, I probably need to look up the smashboards official definition of "secondary" and "third".

Hey is there a definitions post somewhere on here? A lot of lingo flying around that is dang near a foreign language to someone knew to the boards.

Found the SSBM one...is there a Brawl version or basically the same as the old one?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=34251&highlight=glossary

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i had always mario as my main
and marth as my secondary
but i moved my third a lot
its ike now^^

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
when i first played brawl it was lucario; nowadays i main fox and ike is my secondary

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I've always had Ike as a main, I had Wolf also, but then I didn't do so well, dropepd him, picked up Samus, force myself using ZSS since I didn't know about SWF and was doing Basic Brawls. after some time I dropped ZSS. then I paly around with the odd secondaries constantly switching and dropping it goes:
Lucario>Marth>Zelda/Shiek>Toon Link>Bowser>Mario>Donkey Kong>G&W>
currently I'm re-learning Mario, maybe ZSS but will drop soon again, Captain Falcon, and Wolf.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've always played Snake on the side. It wasn't till later that I made him my main though.

I basically went Link+Marth (carried over from melee)>Pit>Toon Link>ICs>Snake.

Though I played a lot of characters overall. Like Falco, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and like half the roster. These were just characters that had stages of excessive use before being abandoned, made a secondary, or dropped into my "just for fun" category. Pit, Toon Link, and Marth are still in like the top 8 on my Wii according to KOs and such.

Snake is never leaving his spot as my main now, but Pikachu is pretty much a second main to me.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
At first I mained Wolf, then Ike, and now Lucas. I've switched my second many, many times, and Marth is the only one I have been able to stick with,

Crystanium

Smash Hero
"Multiple mains" is an oxymoron. There aren't multiple main offices in a building with a main office. There is one main office. I only have one main, because there can only be one main, and that's Samus. My alternatives are Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Diddy Kong.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
"Multiple mains" is an oxymoron. There aren't multiple main offices in a building with a main office. There is one main office. I only have one main, because there can only be one main, and that's Samus. My alternatives are Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Diddy Kong.
Stop it, ur ruining their fun XD

I main Mario and Mario only. Everyone else isn't good enough.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I started with Toon Link, then I switched to Lucario, then to G&W, then to D3, and finally to co-main Toon Link and Marth. All of the chars are secondary to me (except Samus, urg)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
A lot of players have multiple mains. Both of my brothers are like that.

I have one main, Wolf, and several secondaries - Ike, Falco, Snake, and MK. Sometimes I use Link and D3 as well.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My mains have changed ever since I got the game.

When I first played, my mains were Toon Link, Falco, and Olimar. But then I started to suck with TL, so I tried out Sonic. I've been stuck with him as my primary main ever since.

Then I started failing with Falco, so I tried out Dedede. Loved his tilts and chaingrab, and now he's a secondary.

Then there are Wolf and Pokemon Trainer, who I originally used just for the lulz factor. Turns out I like how they were played, so they became secondaries as well.

So, in short:

Primary mains: Sonic, Olimar

Secondary mains: King Dedede, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
I'm a very spread-out player. I always build myself upon versatility, no matter the game.

vBrawl: Snake, Marth, Fox

Brawl+: Link, Zelda, Sheik, ZSS, Luigi, Peach

UberMario

Smash Master
Mario is my main, but
Luigi, Yoshi, Kirby, Gannondorf, and Captain Falcon are my secondaries, and
all the others are my tertiaries (I can use all of the characters . . . . . but I don't use anyone other than my main/secondaries very often)

ANYSKY

Smash Rookie
Link and Marth. Though Link is more of a secondary in Brawl cuz hes just bad -__-;;

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Main: Pikachu, Snake,

Secondary: Olimar, ZS Samus, Lucario,