• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbot226

Smash Master
PitIcarus love the gayest video game character on the planet.

Payback, jerk.

How was that hypocratic and how would that even support your argument?!? Are you even the only one in this entire THREAD that wants a fat fairy?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ya messed up your payback there

...Can't in the least we argue with a bit of civility....

Crayola

Smash Cadet
...Can't in the least we argue with a bit of civility....
I don't see how its possible to argue with a Tingle fan! Stubborn as a mule, they are!
The reason that a lot of Tingle fans take this stance is because people are like

OMG NO WAT RU TALKIN ABOUT TINGLE IS SO GAY AND LAME NOOOOOOO HE IS AN AWFUL CHARACTER DATS DUMB HE FREAKS ME OUT SO HE NEVER HAS A CHANCE HE HAS NO MOVESET HE IS MINOR NOOOOOO

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I am an artist and adding a little poetic flavour to my sentences subtracts nothing
That wasn't poetic, shakespearean, or anything other than broken english. But I understood what you meant none the less. The only ones not being civil are the people coming in just to say how "gay" tingle is.

I hate kids.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That is your opinion. Explain how he would have a better chance at being playable?

Keep in mind I already said in this thread tingle has no chance, but he sure as **** has a better chance than shyguy.
I don't support characters based on "chances" of appearing, but whether or not I like them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So in other words you have nothing to contribute to the character discussion section of these forums?
Technically you did admit your character stood little chance, yet you still support him...

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
The only ones not being civil are the people coming in just to say how "gay" tingle is.

I hate kids.
seriously. you guys probably dont even know anything about tingle, you just criticize him by the way he looks. i dont know, it just makes you all looks n00bish and unknowlegable about how he really is. anyway, i say tingle for an AT. but i wouln't mind if he were to be playable.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
THANK YOU!!! I'm glad at least someone has sensibility to suggest Tingle as an AT!!
Considering his role in the Zelda games, he would make a good AT fit. But the fact he is huge in Japan, as well as getting two games of his own, means that he has a chance of being a PC, too =P

Hong

The Strongest
I think the whole cast should be replaced by Tingle with different equipment.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
all of you that are crazy for tingle needs to get a life.
You know, I'm not much of a Tingle supporter myself, but posts like these make me want to change my opinion. All the immature kids seem to be the Tingle haters (but not necessarily the other way around).

Ironic how the people who share my view are, in this case, the ones who make me want to change it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
-sigh- I'm going to have to quote myself again.

Just the concept of pissing people off and laughing out loud when/if Tingle is confirmed makes me want to support him in Brawl over any other LoZ character.
I'm not obsessed with Tingle, I'm not really a fan of his, and really, I think Midna or Vaati would be a cooler character to play with (though Lunadis's moveset does give second thoughts). However, especially due to the success of Twilight Princess and the fact that we will be seeing more characters than Melee tells me that we will have at least 4 slots for LoZ and whether you or I like it or not, Tingle is next in line after the triforce three.
I have yet to see any valid arguement on why Tingle wouldn't be in Brawl.
Here's the douchebaggery arguements I've seen so far:

1. OMG TINGLE IS TEH GHEY!!11
Tingle is a straight man. In his new RPG, Rosy Colored: Tingles Rupee Land, it explains Tingles dream is to be surrounded by beautiful Woman. Also, if you watch the opening video on youtube, it shows two girls kissing him as he smiles.
2. Nobody likes him!!11 (ok jus me loll)
If nobody liked him, he probably wouldn't have two or three spin-off games of his own.

3. He wouldn't have any moves!/He'd be a clone of Balloon Fighter.
First of all, go look at the moveset Lunadis made.
Second, go play his games.
Now, tell me he would be a clone or have no moves.

4. He'd be better as an AT/He's not that important in the games!
Go replay WW and Minish cap. Also realize that he's of a more reoccurring character than any other besides the triforce three. ATs are characters like shyguy or toad which is a species rather than a specific character.

Fawriel

Smash Master
4. He'd be better as an AT/He's not that important in the games!
Go replay WW and Minish cap. Also realize that he's of a more reocurring character than any other besides the triforce three. ATs are characters like shyguy or toad which is a species rather than a specific character.
Imagine Samurai Goroh looking at you with big, sad puppy eyes. Imagine it!

I was going to post something sensible, but I forgot what it was.

I'll just repost Lunadis' moveset because it needs to be read. You know, just so us haters have something to hope for in case he does end up confirmed. :p

I got a more Tingle-ish moveset compared to the one posted earlier.

A: Butt Bump
Tingle turns to his side and bumps the enemy away.

F Tilt: Swat
Tingle leans forward, swings his right hand over his head and swats the enemy

U Tilt: Balloon Bounce
Tingle quickly inflates and deflates a balloon above his head. Has a large radius.

U Smash: Cheers
Tingle jumps up into the air and claps his hands together overhead. This also shoots fairy dust everywhere to cover up for him on the sides.

F Smash: Head First
Tingle pulls his head back and delivers a headbutt. It's very powerful, but Tingle has trouble keeping his balance and hops forward a few times.

D Smash: Spinner
Tingle plants himself on his head and spins himself around with his hands. This is also very powerful. He gets up rather quickly but he finds himself dazed for a few seconds.

Dash Attack: Belief
Tingle jumps forward flapping his arms and trying to fly! Though he fails and tumbles on the ground.

N-Air: Twirl
Tingle spins with his arm spread out. If he misses with his arms, fairy dust will cover his retreat.

F-Air: Paper Cut
Tingle pulls out a map and swings it vertically from over his head to below his feet in a spinning motion. This move is weird because it hits the opponent straight upwards and behind Tingle but has a lot of power and can vertical-kill floaties.

U-Air: Enjoyment
Pretty much like his U-Smash only in the air. Tingle claps his hands together above his head. It's faster but weaker.

D-Air: Diver
Tingle faces downwards in a diving position and spins around. This delivers multiple hits then one strong hit as Tingle spreads out his hands at the end, which acts as a meteor smash.

B-Air: Lazy Kick
Tingle places his hands behind his head in a relaxing manner while tilting forward and then kicks his legs out.

B: Rupee Blast
Tingle crosses his arms and clutches them inward. After he lets go, rupees and fairy dust flies everywhere a short distance before him. The longer Tingle holds it in, the more rupees that will fly out. It can be used as an edge guard.

B Forward: Paper Airplane
Tingle folds his map into a paper air plane rather quickly and throws it. It's a weak projectile that travels in a wave before hitting the ground and fading away.

B Down: Tingle Trick
Tingle steps back with one foot and holds one of his hands out for 2 seconds. If he is attacked physically in the first second, he will evade their attack and stuff them in a bag. Tingle can then attack them while they're in the bag much like how Yoshi can attack egged victims. Since this is risky, it last longer than Yoshi's egg.

B Up: Tingle Away
Basically, just him using his balloons as a recovery. There are too many ways to do this, so just use your imagination. :p

His grab would either just be with his hand or for comic relief, a hug. (Since he's overly friendly due to business reasons.)

Grab Attack: If hug, bear hug. If grab, back handed swat

F Throw: Heave!
Tingle lifts them over his head, leans back and then throws them forward.

D Throw: Cushion
Tingle throws them down and jumps on them in a cannoball position with his butt first.

U throw: Away!
A unique up throw. Tingle ties a balloon to them and swats them in the air. The balloon keeps carrying them upwards until they recover. The higher the percentage, the longer it takes. The floatier they are, the faster they float. It can be fatal to a very floaty character in the higher percentages.

B Throw: Trash Disposal
Tingle throws the foe behind him overhead as if they were nothing.

Final Smash: Tingle Strike
Tingle does his traditional dance, and with a "Tingle, Tingle, Kaloo Limpah!" he pulls out a Tingle Tuner and pushes a button. A bunch of balloons will float over the stage and drop bombs in the obnoxious shape of Tingle's head. They're very powerful and shoot fairy dust everywhere upon impact.
Also, Circus (Dirkus?), if it makes you feel better, you can join my stance!
Tingle offends my sensitivities, but definitely not because he's "teh ghey" or something. And I could tolerate him if he's well executed like in that moveset.
Tingle for AT! :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't really care what people think of Tingle and their opinion on whether he should be in, AT or completely out so long as they admit that yes, Tingle has a very high chance of entering as a playable character and aren't in complete denial and shutting their ears off to the voice of reason.

RWB

Smash Ace
I don't really care what people think of Tingle and their opinion on whether he should be in, AT or completely out so long as they admit that yes, Tingle has a very high chance of entering as a playable character and aren't in complete denial and shutting their ears off to the voice of reason.
Seriously, QFT.

When I played melee and had unlocked all the characters, I thought about which chars might be in the next Smash.

...The first that popped into my mind? Tingle. At that time, I plain out disliked him, but still saw him as the most likely Zelda Newcomer. After that, the idea(and Tingle as a whole) grew on me, and now I'm rooting for him to get in.^^

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Seriously, QFT.

When I played melee and had unlocked all the characters, I thought about which chars might be in the next Smash.

...The first that popped into my mind? Tingle. At that time, I plain out disliked him, but still saw him as the most likely Zelda Newcomer. After that, the idea(and Tingle as a whole) grew on me, and now I'm rooting for him to get in.^^
Glad to see that there are more people who don't let their personal opinions and prejudices cloud their judgment.

Seriously, I find myself sticking in here more than anywhere else; I went to the Ridley thread and tried to make a good discussion, but everyone went off to something about Ridley getting into the fast food business. O_o

nuro

Smash Lord
Tingle will have the best taunt in the game if he makes it.

Tingle's tears cure cancer its to bad he doesn't cry.

Guns don't kill people. Tingle kills people.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Tingle allows to live.

Tingle does not sleep. He waits.

The chief export of Tingle is Pain.

There is no chin under Tingles's Beard. There is only another fist.

Tingle has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Tingle 3. Cancer

Tingle drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

Tingle is my Homeboy.

Tingle doesn't go hunting.... TINGLE GOES KILLING

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Tingle.

Tingle doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Tingle.

I will main Tingle if he makes it into SSBB.

Hong

The Strongest
it's rather sad to see you guys argue over tingle he's such a bad choice for brawl, and if he did make it he would be the number one punching bag for almost everybody.
It's rather sad that we get people with such horribly structured posts coming into such a wonderful, bright and intelligent thread like the Tingle topic. It's even sadder when they lack any real argument.

I RULE!! BWA HA HA HA!!
Whoa! You're so awesome! I want to be just like you! I mean wow, you're sooooooooooooooo cool! Way cooler than the rest of us!

Spartan_187

Smash Apprentice
"Come again? I'm sorry. I'm fighting the Cove
it's rather sad to see you guys argue over tingle he's such a bad choice for brawl, and if he did make it he would be the number one punching bag for almost everybody.

I RULE!! BWA HA HA HA!!
Yah, Tingle. . . Wow. . . YEEAAH. . . . . . . . .
(Ahem) Sorry. Terrible. Nothing to say really. Totally agree with you.
(SIG. Incorrect at the moment...)

smashbot226

Smash Master
Err...

not that I hate Tingle, but there are a few peoplewho take it a bit... far...

not thatany of you do. I just don't quite see Tingle as a playable character. I don't flame, I don't hate. I. Just. Think. AC. Is. Better.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Err...

not that I hate Tingle, but there are a few peoplewho take it a bit... far...

not thatany of you do. I just don't quite see Tingle as a playable character. I don't flame, I don't hate. I. Just. Think. AC. Is. Better.
You think the people in here are bad? Pfft. In almost every character topic I go it's much worse.
I don't care what you think is better, the fact is that Tingle's chances are high and I'd rather have Tingle than WW/cellshaded Link which would just be a clone and is his only actual competition that can... well, compete. That is if there isn't five slots in SSBM.

I RULE!! BWA HA HA HA!!
Congratulations! You have succeeded at being controversial! I now believe that it's possible that the transgression from monkey to human has not fully ended. Unfortunately, I had to avoid in my last sentence the term 'ape' in order to avoid offense to the gorilla.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I was always under the impression that Tingle was a complete joke... and that people wanting him for brawl was also a complete joke. I guess I seem to be mistaken...

Although I believe if by some chance he actually showed up in brawl, he'd be kinda like Dan in the Street Fighter Games: that character that is there, and you can play as him, but nobody ever expects to actually win with him... because his moves are a complete joke....

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Ugth any character of any game, Tingle is about the worst character mentioned on this forum. I support Aipom and Mr. Resetti smashers than tingle. He would e the worst character in brawl and as some have said become nothing more than the next gen punching bag.

Hong

The Strongest
I was always under the impression that Tingle was a complete joke... and that people wanting him for brawl was also a complete joke. I guess I seem to be mistaken...

Although I believe if by some chance he actually showed up in brawl, he'd be kinda like Dan in the Street Fighter Games: that character that is there, and you can play as him, but nobody ever expects to actually win with him... because his moves are a complete joke....
Tingle doesn't seem that way if you look more into his character/play his Japanese games. He's actually quite the fighter. Though even with that, I'd agree he'd be a more fitting character (albeit balanced.) Here's the moveset I posted earlier;

A: Butt Bump
Tingle turns to his side and bumps the enemy away.

F Tilt: Swat
Tingle leans forward, swings his right hand over his head and swats the enemy

U Tilt: Balloon Bounce
Tingle quickly inflates and deflates a balloon above his head. Has a large radius.

U Smash: Cheers
Tingle jumps up into the air and claps his hands together overhead. This also shoots fairy dust everywhere to cover up for him on the sides.

F Smash: Head First
Tingle pulls his head back and delivers a headbutt. It's very powerful, but Tingle has trouble keeping his balance and hops forward a few times.

D Smash: Spinner
Tingle plants himself on his head and spins himself around with his hands. This is also very powerful. He gets up rather quickly but he finds himself dazed for a few seconds.

Dash Attack: Belief
Tingle jumps forward flapping his arms and trying to fly! Though he fails and tumbles on the ground.

N-Air: Twirl
Tingle spins with his arm spread out. If he misses with his arms, fairy dust will cover his retreat.

F-Air: Paper Cut
Tingle pulls out a map and swings it vertically from over his head to below his feet in a spinning motion. This move is weird because it hits the opponent straight upwards and behind Tingle but has a lot of power and can vertical-kill floaties.

U-Air: Enjoyment
Pretty much like his U-Smash only in the air. Tingle claps his hands together above his head. It's faster but weaker.

D-Air: Diver
Tingle faces downwards in a diving position and spins around. This delivers multiple hits then one strong hit as Tingle spreads out his hands at the end, which acts as a meteor smash.

B-Air: Lazy Kick
Tingle places his hands behind his head in a relaxing manner while tilting forward and then kicks his legs out.

B: Rupee Blast
Tingle crosses his arms and clutches them inward. After he lets go, rupees and fairy dust flies everywhere a short distance before him. The longer Tingle holds it in, the more rupees that will fly out. It can be used as an edge guard.

B Forward: Paper Airplane
Tingle folds his map into a paper air plane rather quickly and throws it. It's a weak projectile that travels in a wave before hitting the ground and fading away.

B Down: Tingle Trick
Tingle steps back with one foot and holds one of his hands out for 2 seconds. If he is attacked physically in the first second, he will evade their attack and stuff them in a bag. Tingle can then attack them while they're in the bag much like how Yoshi can attack egged victims. Since this is risky, it last longer than Yoshi's egg.

B Up: Tingle Away
Basically, just him using his balloons as a recovery. There are too many ways to do this, so just use your imagination. :p

His grab would either just be with his hand or for comic relief, a hug. (Since he's overly friendly due to business reasons.)

Grab Attack: If hug, bear hug. If grab, back handed swat

F Throw: Heave!
Tingle lifts them over his head, leans back and then throws them forward.

D Throw: Cushion
Tingle throws them down and jumps on them in a cannoball position with his butt first.

U throw: Away!
A unique up throw. Tingle ties a balloon to them and swats them in the air. The balloon keeps carrying them upwards until they recover. The higher the percentage, the longer it takes. The floatier they are, the faster they float. It can be fatal to a very floaty character in the higher percentages.

B Throw: Trash Disposal
Tingle throws the foe behind him overhead as if they were nothing.

Final Smash: Tingle Strike
Tingle does his traditional dance, and with a "Tingle, Tingle, Kaloo Limpah!" he pulls out a Tingle Tuner and pushes a button. A bunch of balloons will float over the stage and drop bombs in the obnoxious shape of Tingle's head. They're very powerful and shoot fairy dust everywhere upon impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom