• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving stuff to r/SheikMains?

Ping Warrior

Smash Cadet
NNID
Daspammerguy
3DS FC
2793-1351-4493
Reddit is a widely more accessible and more popular forum website than Smashboards and now that all characters have their own page, we could give them a push in improvement by copying helpful information such as Sheik techs that have been developed, frame data, matchup discussions, and any answers to questions already asked on here so there's less repeats on the subreddit.

I made a post on the subreddit advising players to check out the smashboards threads so there's less overlap, but we could stand to share any important information already fleshed out on here as well. Also important information we post here could be shared with r/SheikMains as well so users of both sites can access the knowledge.​

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Give it a month or so. Those subreddits lack any kind of meaningful moderation, meaning they could end up as cesspools full of troll posts (Just look at the Wario sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/WarioMains). Now, normally I'd like to think that Sheik mains are a little more...moderate than the Warios over in that thread, but the Sheikmains subreddit is still new. It could end up that everyone stops using it, meaning any work you've put into moving info there will be for naught. I'd say to wait.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
All hail smashboards. Leave reddit for the casuals.

ozydandias

Smash Rookie
NNID
bizarro_dan
3DS FC
4055-6638-3178
Some people find reddit a little easier than smashboards. I wouldn't knock it, but I say support it. Even if you support it from a distance. People still want to learn techs and improve themselves.

People still link things from smashboards to reddit, so it's still driving traffic. Even if it lasts a month, it'll still be around and providing information for some players.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I'm all for helping out a subreddit, which sounds to me like what you're suggesting. If we approach it in a technical and somewhat formal way from the start, I feel it could work well down the road.

Top Bottom