• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
So my first bracket match at CEO is vs Acestarthe3rd, Rosalina main. I need all the help I can get. I find the matchup harder than most say for whatever reason. Ftilts dont work as star bits out range it and we all know how the aerial game usually goes.

EDIT: J/K formatting on phone off I play JediOkami...and assuming I win and Jdawg wins, we will be playing each other :/
Approach by walking when shielding you wont lose as much momentum as when running so you can shield starbits and counter attack... rosalina is a floaty lightweight which mean that you dont have to worry a lot in getting the kill... just keep doing damage and avoid high risk attacks... dont try to punish her when she smashes try to safely punish luma... remember luma cant shield so it will eat every blow... I suggest checking which attacks knock back luma and use those near the corner... if you hit both focus more on finishing luma off rather than hitting rosalina... while rosa is alone you can start using gordo control more just dont over do it... remember you can chase off stage a lot and rosa recovery is slow enough to get hit by f.air or b.air... if you are getting edgeguarded by luma go for an u.air on it to prevent this... this is just some of my knowledge in tha rosalina match up remember that unless you are above 40% over rosa you are in the lead dont go all out , keep cool and use your move as safely as possible...

#KingM

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3926-6730-0487
Hey everybody, I'm KingM. I'm new to Smashboards, but I've loveeeed Smash forever. As you might have already guessed, yes DDD is my main in Smash4. Hopefully I'll bump into some of you guys around here.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey everybody, I'm KingM. I'm new to Smashboards, but I've loveeeed Smash forever. As you might have already guessed, yes DDD is my main in Smash4. Hopefully I'll bump into some of you guys around here.
Welcome to the boards.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey, just started maining TripleD. He's pretty fun, but I need more training with him.
Any tips for a beginner at the character like me ? I know the basic stuff, but still, I want to progress with the king.

MLG_Caillou

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-6246-3479
Hey its me the local noob. bit late to the smash world and even later to the metagame. all my friends have been around since the days of melee. so i ended up playing Sm4sh and brawl and getting pretty decent. being the odd one out i ended up maining D3 and no one can figure out why. Can only play D3 in Sm4sh though i main others... in brawl. Super cool to find a community of D3 lovers like me.

:4dedede::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4mario::4charizard::4pacman::4dk::4wario::4villager::4sonic:

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hey its me the local noob. bit late to the smash world and even later to the metagame. all my friends have been around since the days of melee. so i ended up playing Sm4sh and brawl and getting pretty decent. being the odd one out i ended up maining D3 and no one can figure out why. Can only play D3 in Sm4sh though i main others... in brawl. Super cool to find a community of D3 lovers like me.

:4dedede::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4mario::4charizard::4pacman::4dk::4wario::4villager::4sonic:
Welcome to the boards.~
Hope you enjoy your time here dude. Make yourself at home.

In the future, please avoid posting twice in a row. I combined your posts this time, but you can just use the "Edit" feature.

Hey, just started maining TripleD. He's pretty fun, but I need more training with him.
Any tips for a beginner at the character like me ? I know the basic stuff, but still, I want to progress with the king.
If you haven't already, definitely watch Soul Train's video guides:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...dsets-normals-combos-and-gordos-oh-my.394859/

They're excellent watches for the basics and more advanced stuff. :4pacman:

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
I sure hope I haven't posted here before. In brawl, dedede legitimately scared me. When Sakurai did that announcement to say that he showed more emotions I was like "THANK. GOD." I don't know what prompted me to start playing Dedede. It used to be Lucario, but then I decided I should learn to play a character who was less boring and cheap. I was surprised with how great dedede was, and went nearly undefeated with him in for glory. I've been having a blast with him ever since. He is truly the king of the series.

MLG_Caillou

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-6246-3479
Welcome to the boards.~
Hope you enjoy your time here dude. Make yourself at home.

In the future, please avoid posting twice in a row. I combined your posts this time, but you can just use the "Edit" feature.

If you haven't already, definitely watch Soul Train's video guides:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...dsets-normals-combos-and-gordos-oh-my.394859/

They're excellent watches for the basics and more advanced stuff. :4pacman:
thanks i posted the same thing twice wasn't sure how to delete it so i just made it into those emjis

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I guess I haven't made one of these posts yet, I'm Shiken, I've mained the majestic AF King since early on in brawl after being a kirby main since 64 and discovering that I hated metaknight's playstyle, so I turned to the king and have not been disappointed since. I represent one of the few D3 players in my area, and plan to start attending more tournaments soon to boost our glorious monarch's ranking.

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
Strength + Impact + Moderate Speed + Blubber for Defense = King Dedede

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Strength + Impact + Moderate Speed + Blubber for Defense = King Dedede
I dunno. Slowest air speed and 46th dash isn't exactly what I would call moderate. Penguins aren't known for their great flight or their ability to wield 100-ton hammers, I would pay to see that.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I dunno. Slowest air speed and 46th dash isn't exactly what I would call moderate. Penguins aren't known for their great flight or their ability to wield 100-ton hammers, I would pay to see that.
I can see where he's coming from honestly. We can create the illusion of being fast, what with having the 2nd fastest fastfall in the game, combined with throw cancelling and such.

It could be worse. We could be :4ganondorf:.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
The thing where you grab -> dthrow -> SHuair -> almost anything (usually another throw combo).

I don't know exactly what it's called so I just say 'throw cancelling.'
It could probably just be called uair dragging. In my original video I uploaded for it showing some of the situations you may see it in I call it Uair Spike, but it isn't really a true spike because they can escape it with enough awareness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSYYL5kHRqM

That said it makes for a great mix-up tool because most people don't really expect to be pulled back down for a regrab and I can usually get a few extra regrabs like this off of them because of that.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
How do you do that? Do you have to start falling before you do the up air?
IIRC, You just want to start fast falling pretty much as soon as the hammer connects with them. I think they might fall out of it if you do it too soon, but I haven't really thought about it much...I just have it down to muscle memory. It's pretty simple to pick up, just grind it out for a bit in training mode and you should have it. The same basics apply to chasing DI of the different weight classes as well.

The thing is, this is only a mix-up option, or something you could abuse against players who don't realize it exists. Even from 0% they should be able to react by just jabbing, jumping and using nair, etc. But it happens so fast, most players usually won't catch on to the fact that they can actually act out of it, so the regrab is usually pretty free.

Another thing, they sometimes end up in front of you, and sometimes behind you. That simply just requires you to recognize when that happens and to react to where they fall.

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
Hey. I've been lurking a while, but thought I'd say hi. I tried many characters when the game released and d3 worked best for me. Been with the penguin ever since. Plus I love how hes so happy about every thing. He's a lot of fun against people who take things too seriously. So cheeky.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I won a Doubles Tournament with DDD!
Well, I used Sonic most of the time, actually got to GFs with him (and my Lucario partner), but after we got demolished in GF1, I switched to the King and won a couple tight matches.
He's a doubles beast, killpower and survability and his Gordo assist are all wonderful for the format.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
He looks really good! Rosalina and Marth coming this week too.

FB_IMG_1436831387242.jpg

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dedede players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss King Dedede and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I drowned in pools. Ended up getting bodied by MJG which was expected; I've never faced a Villager of that caliber before. I was more salty about getting 2-1'd by a random Mii Swordsman/Tiny Mii Brawler, both of which I had absolutely zero experience against. I beat his Swordsman handily (broke his goddamn shield), but Tiny Mii Brawler just wrecked me.

Gonna try and squeeze in as many friendlies as possible today. I think from here on out I'll be playing harder than ever.

Smooth Criminal

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I drowned in pools. Ended up getting bodied by MJG which was expected; I've never faced a Villager of that caliber before. I was more salty about getting 2-1'd by a random Mii Swordsman/Tiny Mii Brawler, both of which I had absolutely zero experience against. I beat his Swordsman handily (broke his goddamn shield), but Tiny Mii Brawler just wrecked me.

Gonna try and squeeze in as many friendlies as possible today. I think from here on out I'll be playing harder than ever.

Smooth Criminal
What? I thought Miis had to be their default size in tournament play.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It LOOKED like Tiny Mii Brawler. I dunno. No johns though, the outcome would have been the same. Just gotta actually PLAY the MU from here on out and git gud.

Smooth Criminal

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Just took 3rd place in singles (and got 2nd in doubles paired with someone I've never played with before!) at the local tourney. Went mostly Dedede, though my ROB and Zard came out for a couple of matches...in doubles, I went mostly Falcon but I did whip out Dedede for a set or two. Ending up winning $42.50, which is the first time I've won money from a tourney.

Unfortunately I still haven't beaten either of the top two players in a match yet. I'll have to keep working at it, but we won't play again for a while cause I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
I didn't end up going I made Pax South and CEO my trips. Was hoping to see a standout Dedede at EVO but where Dedede currently stands and with the addition of customs, I feel Dedede does even worse overall compared to everyone else on roster with customs involved.

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
How'd everyone's matches go?
I got double elminated by Keitaro. It's a shame, seeding for national smash events can be a bit wonky. Some of the other pools were super free while some were stacked. :/

Ah well. Hopefully I can get some wins at smashcon.

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
Whashup everybody. The names Rosie, I am a DK main but might replace with D3 soon. I have no perception other than my own to determine what skill level I am at, but I do play D3 so my goal is to post up as much footage on him as possible to help people who are just starting to mess around with him. See you guys around the world

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
Hello other King D3 mainers, I have been posting a few threads and replied and posted some, but haven't formally introduced myself yet, I'm Texfone, I can't play online due to bad internet, so I have no experience with online play or tournaments, I have spectated before online so there's something. I don't really know what else to say.

I can beat level 9 :4sonic: and a few others with D3. I can beat my friend when he uses :4sonic: or :4megaman:

My second main is:4jigglypuff: and My secondaries are :4dk: and :4pikachu: and maybe :4shulk:, perhaps you could say :4wario2: was a secondary as well but I believe he's more of an "other" , I like his style though.

Least favorite CPU level 9 matchups? Hmmm...
:4pit::4darkpit::4palutena::4robinm::4zelda::4tlink:

Favorite D3 move?
- Jet Hammer
- Just because he has a JET ENGINE in his HAMMER, imagine him turning the hammer upside down, standing on the hammer while holding onto the bottom of the handle, Jet Hammering constantly so that he rides it at 200 mph through Dreamland. New mode of transportation, baby.

Least favorite D3 move?
- Up-Tilt
- It was hard to pick cause all his moves are cool ( yet often inconvenient ), but i chose this because it doesn't go far or impress me too much, but how can I complain?

Well that's me, if you want to talk on Kik, by all means, go for it, my username is "Texfone", i haven't read the terms of use of this website so I hope This post doesn't get deleted cause i put my kik on here ( NOT FOR HOOKING UP, JUST FOR CHATTING ) cause i worked a while on this post.

Most likely, you'll see me around, thanks for reading!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Hello other King D3 mainers, I have been posting a few threads and replied and posted some, but haven't formally introduced myself yet, I'm Texfone, I can't play online due to bad internet, so I have no experience with online play or tournaments, I have spectated before online so there's something. I don't really know what else to say.

I can beat level 9 :4sonic: and a few others with D3. I can beat my friend when he uses :4sonic: or :4megaman:

My second main is:4jigglypuff: and My secondaries are :4dk: and :4pikachu: and maybe :4shulk:, perhaps you could say :4wario2: was a secondary as well but I believe he's more of an "other" , I like his style though.

Least favorite CPU level 9 matchups? Hmmm...
:4pit::4darkpit::4palutena::4robinm::4zelda::4tlink:

Favorite D3 move?
- Jet Hammer
- Just because he has a JET ENGINE in his HAMMER, imagine him turning the hammer upside down, standing on the hammer while holding onto the bottom of the handle, Jet Hammering constantly so that he rides it at 200 mph through Dreamland. New mode of transportation, baby.

Least favorite D3 move?
- Up-Tilt
- It was hard to pick cause all his moves are cool ( yet often inconvenient ), but i chose this because it doesn't go far or impress me too much, but how can I complain?

Well that's me, if you want to talk on Kik, by all means, go for it, my username is "Texfone", i haven't read the terms of use of this website so I hope This post doesn't get deleted cause i put my kik on here ( NOT FOR HOOKING UP, JUST FOR CHATTING ) cause i worked a while on this post.

Most likely, you'll see me around, thanks for reading!
IF THEY ACTUALLY MADE D3'S JET HAMMER INTO A MOVE WHERE HE RIDES IT LIKE WARIO'S BIKE THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME HOLY ****

...ahem. Welcome to our penguin family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom