• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

Twixer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Twiixer
I also tend to agree that we're at a slight advantage over the Pits. As for Peach, I've really only played one or two that I mentioned here before, but she's really tricky to deal with. I'm not sure if it's a match-up I'd want to approach as Dedede, but I'd need more experience before I call it either way.
Peach can be really tricky. I fought a fairly good peach the other day, though it only lasted three matches. Won the best of 3 after adapting to their playstyle first match. The main thing there was to worry for me was timing my shield for the turnips and spot dodging the grab. Also when she floats, I find it tricky since it feels like her fair smacks me 50 miles away.

If only I could post a video of my friend fighting a DDD as Peach. It's awesome what they did to the DDD. GOTTA GET MUH POSTS UP

Edit: Here we go

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
'sup. I'm SalsaSavant. I posted a few things already, but I think I'll be here semi-regularly, so...

Anyway, I was pretty big at my previous Smash forum. But then I got tired of how toxic it was, so I left. But I NEED to talk about how beautiful Dedede is. I need to. It is a physical NEED. So here I am. Now, can we discuss the virtues of how beautiful the kings head-ware is? So handsome.

My name comes from Kingdom of Loathing, where I started as a Sauceror. I still play it, so on the off chance anyone else does, hit me up. I've got the same name there.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
'sup. I'm SalsaSavant. I posted a few things already, but I think I'll be here semi-regularly, so...

Anyway, I was pretty big at my previous Smash forum. But then I got tired of how toxic it was, so I left. But I NEED to talk about how beautiful Dedede is. I need to. It is a physical NEED. So here I am. Now, can we discuss the virtues of how beautiful the kings head-ware is? So handsome.

My name comes from Kingdom of Loathing, where I started as a Sauceror. I still play it, so on the off chance anyone else does, hit me up. I've got the same name there.
[collapse="Let us bask in his beauty together"]

[/collapse]

SalsaSavant the Sauceror?
You wanna know what else is beautiful?
That alliteration.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Peach can be really tricky. I fought a fairly good peach the other day, though it only lasted three matches. Won the best of 3 after adapting to their playstyle first match. The main thing there was to worry for me was timing my shield for the turnips and spot dodging the grab. Also when she floats, I find it tricky since it feels like her fair smacks me 50 miles away.
I honestly believe really good Peach player is King Dedede's ultimate demise. Forget Sonic. It's royalty that kills royalty. Some real Game of Thrones **** here, man.

I have a friend who I would not hesitate to say is one of the best Sm4sh Peach players in my state, if not THE best. He has mastered her floating aerials down to a T. Maybe it's just that he's so damn good, but I verrry rarely beat him, and I consider myself to be a pretty good Dedesy player. I've won tournaments before, and placed in others. Not saying I'm the best in any way, but I'm no pushover, but he's just so good.

Whenever I play a Peach, my first reaction is to pee my pants a bit. It's so hard to combat her when she's played really well.

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
I think my second will be Peach. She now ressembles more her melee fightying style than the brawl one.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I have played...

A Peach...

Who, at least, I know goes to tournaments, but since I've never faced any other formidable Peach players... I don't know how good or not good he actually was...
I did pretty well considering I don't have experience with the match-up.

G_Baby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

ALL HAIL THE KING! Glad to see there is a thread dedicated to this lovable frenemy. I have been absolutely demoralizing my friends (one in particular who just cannot control his temper) with this penguin. Its gotten to the point where he claims "broken character" "Wow hes so fast who the hell said he was slow" "Here comes the UP Air that cant be dodged" "Wow that recovery is absolutely broken" etc. etc. I enjoy the taste of their tears, I know you all do as well.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Someday you'll understand the pain that is Princess Peach.
If you ever lose against Peach, you understand the pain of Peach.
She makes you feel like a complete chump when you lose.
"Oooh, did I win?"
"This is fun!"

:mad088:

Hey guys,

ALL HAIL THE KING! Glad to see there is a thread dedicated to this lovable frenemy. I have been absolutely demoralizing my friends (one in particular who just cannot control his temper) with this penguin. Its gotten to the point where he claims "broken character" "Wow hes so fast who the hell said he was slow" "Here comes the UP Air that cant be dodged" "Wow that recovery is absolutely broken" etc. etc. I enjoy the taste of their tears, I know you all do as well.
I can picture your expression through it all...

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I also tend to agree that we're at a slight advantage over the Pits. As for Peach, I've really only played one or two that I mentioned here before, but she's really tricky to deal with. I'm not sure if it's a match-up I'd want to approach as Dedede, but I'd need more experience before I call it either way.
Peach's forward air is one of the most annoying moves in the entire game. The hitbox is deceptively large, and it doesn't have much end lag. She always approaches from the air, so it can be difficult to grab her. I think she's a middling matchup for Dedede overall. Not horrible, but not good. It doesn't help that I dislike her outside of Smash, so losing to her is even more painful. :Y

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
What is your avatar even supposed to be? lol
Its a pic one of my friends sent with a promotion of 2x1 12-pack budlights some time ago. I haven't had the chance to look for a good pic of the king, and I wanted to take my kids photo down.

If I need to take it down just let me know. I know there are kids reading this, I just hope they can't read Spanish.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nah, it's cool, man.
For starters I doubt kids know what Bud Light is. If they do they probably think of it as daddy's special soda and that they should leave it alone.
The alcohol reference is negligible, the major fault there would be the advertisement thing, but it's obscure enough to let it go.
I was just wondering for the WTF factor.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I love the jet hammer, which is why it hurts so much that it's so useless. :(

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I like to use it to screw with the counter characters: Marth, Lucina, Ike, ect.. They always want to counter the strike, but you just need to stall it for a second.

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
Guys, quick question. I am having lots of trouble with my controllers of choice. I use the hori hori battle pad when playing in my TV and the wii u pad when the TV is being used by someone else. However, sometimes I jam the c-stick (or the right stick, depending on the controller) and it inputs a jab instead of a tilt.

This is frustrating to say the least. Should I buy the pro controller so that this will not happen? Does anybody has the same issue?

Please advise. Any help would be appreciated.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Unfortunately that just happens. At least when playing online, if it drops inputs on you it can change an input from an aerial, for example, to a nair, because of how the inputs work in this game. Another issue with the c-stick is that hitting the diagonal can make air attacks nair as well. I'm not sure how this works for jabs, but something similar may be happening.

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
Maybe its a connection thing and not a controller thing. I will start looking for an ethernet-to-usb port adapter. I mean, it can only help, and I have been wanting to do that for quite some time anyway.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Maybe its a connection thing and not a controller thing. I will start looking for an ethernet-to-usb port adapter. I mean, it can only help, and I have been wanting to do that for quite some time anyway.
Yeah, you can get them pretty cheap from Amazon or ebay. A word to the wise, you have to actually set up your internet connection on the Wii U to use the ethernet cable once you get the adapter. I went a straight month after getting mine thinking I was playing wired, but I was actually still playing wireless. >_> I had just assumed that I wouldn't need to set up the connection manually since my laptop just automatically detects when I plug in the cable.

That said, your connection is only going to be as good as the other players. While I personally recommend the wired connection anyways, just out of respect to the other online players, if you get paired with someone who has a really bad connection, no amount of wired internet is going to save you from delayed or dropped inputs.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Be wary of which Lan Adapter you buy. There's one that doesn't work for the Wii U.
I have a Datel one and it works, and I know the Nyko and another one also works but I'm not sure which brand it was.

borisbickcog

Banned via Warnings
Sup y'all, it's me, it's ya boy Boris. I recently changed main to embrace the king, tired of the Falcon Faschist ideals of the knee. I'm relatively new to smashboards, however if anyone maimed Mario in brawl, you may recall the fabled 'need Mario pls op. kek' thread which resulted in a protest march to free us of that third party communist
so hi girls I'm normally called boris

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Sup y'all, it's me, it's ya boy Boris. I recently changed main to embrace the king, tired of the Falcon Faschist ideals of the knee. I'm relatively new to smashboards, however if anyone maimed Mario in brawl, you may recall the fabled 'need Mario pls op. kek' thread which resulted in a protest march to free us of that third party communist
so hi girls I'm normally called boris
You have made the greatest decision of your life. :4dedede:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Anyone here up for some matches later on?
DDD is probably my worst personal matchup & i need some experience against him.

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
how does super armor work on D3's Up B? Is it certain knockback moves can knock him out of it? Is it completely dependent on timing? I am having trouble edge guarding d3 as pikachu

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
how does super armor work on D3's Up B? Is it certain knockback moves can knock him out of it? Is it completely dependent on timing? I am having trouble edge guarding d3 as pikachu
Dependent on timing, yeah.
You cannot hit Dedede out of his up-B until he reaches the apex of his jump. He loses the armor at that point and you can hit him while he's at the apex or while he's falling.
Edgeguarding Dedede is very difficult in general unless you're Jigglypuff, basically.

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Tournament in a week, would like to know which character to second. I am maining Fox and feel very comfortable with King DDD and DH. Ideas? I feel better with Triple D, but I have problems against the Mario brothers.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Low percent combo: late nair into grounded opponent, up tilt, (shield if anticipating quick aerial from opponent,) grab, 1 pummel, down throw into mixups: nair, fair, bair or up air depending upon DI.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hello again fellow Kings, been a while since I posted anything in here. I was on For Glory earlier and got a pretty awesome ko but I'm not 100% sure how it even worked:
I throw out a Gordo, Mario capes it which should have either reflected it or damaged it enough to make it his, I fsmash him and he goes right into the Gordo and dies. How does that even work? Am I blind and my fsmash hit the Gordo or did Mario's cape not reflect/damage the Gordo?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hello again fellow Kings, been a while since I posted anything in here. I was on For Glory earlier and got a pretty awesome ko but I'm not 100% sure how it even worked:
I throw out a Gordo, Mario capes it which should have either reflected it or damaged it enough to make it his, I fsmash him and he goes right into the Gordo and dies. How does that even work? Am I blind and my fsmash hit the Gordo or did Mario's cape not reflect/damage the Gordo?
That Fsmash definitely hit the gordo. And when you hit a gordo, the damage of the attack is added to the gordo, so...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That Fsmash definitely hit the gordo. And when you hit a gordo, the damage of the attack is added to the gordo, so...
Ah okay. Looking at it closer, I can barely see the fsmash hit the Gordo and it looks like that only happened because of the Gordo getting caped, otherwise it would have continued going away from D3. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I've done the same to Ness and his bat before. The cape and fsmash's hitboxes overlapped allowing the Gordo to absorb the heat from the fsmash and the cape. Dedede usually wins the right-of-way contest, and the reflected Gordo is instantaneously smacked straight at the reflector resulting in an insta-kill. Yep, anyone who reflects Gordo via reflector rather than some normal attack is an idiot. It's super dangerous because the Gordo will still have the homing property but against the opposing player instead.

Last edited:

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I am sick and tired of For Glory kids kicking my ass with easy bake methods and them thinking they're hot **** because it's so damn impressive that they can use nothing but Sonic's spindash or Diddy's Hoo-Ha to damage and KO. I've only recently gotten into really learning how to play Smash, and I think I've done a pretty good job of learning His Majesty over the last five months. I just can't take the For Glory pool anymore. Because I still am fairly new to this all, I feel like I'm missing out on a part of the community. Is there somewhere I can go where the players are just looking to improve rather than just to win?

Top Bottom