• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother Series's Eternal Villain - Porky Support Thread (New Ownership!)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's essentially choosing between a protagonist of one game, and the villain of two games.

So who is more deserving kind of depends on your opinion, since the comparison isn't THAT simple.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
It would just require effort to make him a character, he also is a recurring villian so I think he is the most worthy, and is really cool. Just shrink his form from brawl to character size.
Well, it looks like I stand corrected, Porky is apparently part Wailord too

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
It's essentially choosing between a protagonist of one game, and the villain of two games.

So who is more deserving kind of depends on your opinion, since the comparison isn't THAT simple.
True, but wasn't Giygas a villain in 2 Mother games too?
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is it not also true he originates from Mo1/EB0?

Just 'cause I support Ninten doesn't mean he's the only one I imply when I say "from Mo1/EB0"

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I used to like the mother 1 form of giygas (giegue) most as a new mother rep, but then I realized how close he is to mewtwo...

So porky is best for a villian.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I used to like the mother form of giygas (giegue) most as a new mother rep, but then I realized how close he is to mewtwo...

So porky is best for a villian.
Well of course he looks like Mewtwo. The same team that made Mewtwo made Giygas (Giegue, whatever you want to call him). Pokey plays puppet and Porky plays pity.
Hm...
Wow, Mother/EarthBound villains aren't really that evil are they?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, yeah. I know that giygas influinced mewtwo, that's why I don't think that he should be in if mewtwo was in.

Porky probably would have grown up evil growing up with his parents, though..

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Well, yeah. I know that giygas influinced mewtwo, that's why I don't think that he should be in if mewtwo was in.

Porky probably would have grown up evil growing up with his parents, though..
I really like Pokey's character because I can relate with the horrible childhood, terrible parents, rude siblings and the loneliness. Giygas doesn't exist in the real world. My "Ness" (whom I ironically also met when I was 13) really helped me change my attitude.

My counter statement to your theory on Pokey being doomed to growing to be evil without Giygas is... Do you think Ness was nothing to Pokey?
Even without personal experiences applied, Porky wasn't really evil in Mother 3, and Giygas wasn't manipulating him in that one. He was desperate to meet Ness again and he was also a bit insane.

lol~ Mewtwo is Giygas's clone, and Ness is Ninten's clone but everyone who'd see them paired would think the opposite >u<

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
There was also the heavily guarded thing containing ness' yoyo, and he put a movie about ness in the theature. It's not too hard to see that porky sees ness as a friend.

Also the bad parents thing wasn't serious, really. I just forgot to put the ":p" to make it a different meaning.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
There was also the heavily guarded thing containing ness' yoyo, and he put a movie about ness in the theature. It's not too hard to see that porky sees ness as a friend.
Exactly. If Giygas never made Pokey his puppet and kind of ruined their friendship, I think Ness would've easily been capable of helping Pokey turn out for the better, i.e Never becoming a villain in the first place. It's been 4 years since I last spoke to my "Ness" and I'm still more of a goofball now than the angry kid I used to be, if you couldn't already tell ;)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, for me I'm most like Lucas, being a twin, being pretty much a crybaby when I was young, but marturing and whatevs. There may be other stuff, that I forgotten to mention, but this is probably why I like Lucas so much, he's has alot in common with me.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Well, for me I'm most like Lucas, being a twin, being pretty much a crybaby when I was young, but marturing and whatevs. There may be other stuff, that I forgotten to mention, but this is probably why I like Lucas so much, he's has alot in common with me.
And that's how you know a game is good. If they put enough into a character for you to be able to connect with them, then you know they've done well, even if it lacks in other traits. It's why I just love TWEWY, Ace Combat (well, the legendary PS2 trio [0, 4 and 5] anyway), No More Heroes, Mother/EarthBound series and Deadly Premonition so much.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
One of my most wanted characters. While more Mother representation is nice, I'd be really sad if someone else made it over him given what a great trio he'd make with Ness and Lucas.

Groose

Smash Champion
True, but wasn't Giygas a villain in 2 Mother games too?
Yes, but you cannot grasp the true form of Giygas.

Porky was an interesting boss in the SSE last game, and he looks like he would make the most interesting playable character of the remaining Mother candidates. Still, I'm not entirely sold; anyone want to give me a sales pitch?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Porky was an interesting boss in the SSE last game, and he looks like he would make the most interesting playable character of the remaining Mother candidates. Still, I'm not entirely sold; anyone want to give me a sales pitch?
GET PORKY AND GET A FREE FRIES ON THE SIDE!

porky is the name of my new burger chain.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

Easy:
- Connects Earthbound and Mother 3, the two games that make this franchise so popular.
- Sakurai is well aware of him given his appearance as a boss battle (his statue and himself) and the fact his theme from Mother 3 was so present in the game.
- Let's consider all the other possible Mother reps:
Kumatora: like Paula, Lucas essentially took over most of her moves.
Masked Man: Interesting and cool addition, but when you think about it he's a step below Porky.
Duster/Poo/Jeff: All good support characters that would not use PSI and lead to more unique moveset. However, their impact is just not as great.

When you consider Mother as a series, what makes it captivating is that it's humorous, human and tragic all at the same time. Most people actually describe Mother 3 as a very well done game but very depressing. And Porky more than any other character in the series embodies that tone of the Mother series:
- He's absurd and silly like most of the games, as shown by his way of speaking and his cowardly moves in the beginning of Earthbound.
- He's creepy and terrifying as a henchman of Giygas, and through his spider mech.
- He's tragic and depressing in that his position is merely a result of poor parenting and lack of friends. Also, his lack of knowledge of when too much is bad led him to the path of evil and to wind up spending eternity in a capsule.

Given all those things, I find that Porky represents this series in a way few others can, and would make for a great third along with Ness and Lucas. He completes that trio and links it as well as Ganondorf completes the Zelda triforce. Even in SSE Ness and Lucas interacted mainly in their efforts to confront him.

Simply put, if there's a third Mother rep, I personally think he'd be the optimal choice, given that no other character means as much to the series or represents it so well.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The idea of a mech based fighter sounds... Intriguing. How much does he have from his games in terms of moves?
Quite a lot, most of the stuff shown in the brawl boss battle can be used. Here is a list of stuff
-PSI Counter device
-Porky Bots
-Physical moves shown in Brawl
-Tons of different bombs.
-The pigmask army
-Sheild killer
-plenty of more that other people can mention that I forgot to mention.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Quite a lot, most of the stuff shown in the brawl boss battle can be used. Here is a list of stuff
-PSI Counter device
-Porky Bots
-The pigmask army
-Sheild killer
Porky tears into you!

his final smash should be the completely safe capsule.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
-PSI Counter device
-Porky Bots
-The pigmask army
-Sheild killer
With the porky bots and pigmask army, he sounds like he could be a character based on summoning minions to help him fight. Would be a very cool play style. I'm sold.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
With the porky bots and pigmask army, he sounds like he could be a character based on summoning minions to help him fight. Would be a very cool play style. I'm sold.
Yeah, I'll make a move-set based on that. I'll do the specials and final smash only to save time.

Porky plays by using his pawns and avoiding actual face to face combat, even being in the safety of a mech.

Neutral Special- Porky sends out a pigmask, equipped with it's laser gun and shoots, will sometime salute to King P, making it susceptable to attack. Can be easily knocked off screen.

Side Special-Porky sends out a Porkybot, and will, like in brawl, run around and soon Explode, damaging opponents in the explosion.

Down Special- Sends out a random chimera which will charge at opponent and goes off the screen. The chimera will continue moving until it goes off the screen.

Up Special- Porky's mech launches itself up in the air and fires a powerful laser down below.

Final Smash- Porky sends out the Ultimate Chimera, which chase opponents and KO them, if contact is made.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
For the up B, why not something like his attack in the Brawl fight where he hovers for a while while charging a laser beneath him? That one sounds a lot like D3's.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
For the up B, why not something like his attack in the Brawl fight where he hovers for a while while charging a laser beneath him? That one sounds a lot like D3's.
Yeah, I was stuck, I was using a generic move, but I'll change it now.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
And that's how you know a game is good. If they put enough into a character for you to be able to connect with them, then you know they've done well, even if it lacks in other traits. It's why I just love TWEWY, Ace Combat (well, the legendary PS2 trio [0, 4 and 5] anyway), No More Heroes, Mother/EarthBound series and Deadly Premonition so much.
Ah, a fellow coffee lover I see.
Apologies for straying off topic here for a moment, but I'm really hoping for a sequel to the game. The Director's Cut seems to suggest that, but still here's hoping for it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread has been quite active. :)

Unfortunately, I won't have access to a computer until the the 2nd week of September. :urg:

I'll update the OP after that.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Ah, a fellow coffee lover I see.
Apologies for straying off topic here for a moment, but I'm really hoping for a sequel to the game. The Director's Cut seems to suggest that, but still here's hoping for it.
YES!
*Spoilers*

I'd love to finally see a game to Zack. York got, what? 98-99% of DP (even in the ending York got screen time >_<)? It's absolutely unfair that Zack got so little screen or game time (or dialogue for that matter) despite being such an important plot point and story developer character. I also saw the DC and I'm really crossing my fingers for a solid sequel to the original DP. It was mentioned there were more red trees than just in Wa state (where the town is located on a US map if I'm not mistaken) so even if they want a repeat plot or a new one altogether, both are still available. The granddaughter of Zack in the DC also implies a probability of a sequel too.
Also, not much of a coffee drinker myself. I personally just love the Twin Peaks style and humor of the game, along with the obscure references to other games like Resident Evil/Biohazard and Silent Hill.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Woah! A thread for Porky!

While I'm not big on adding characters to already repped franchises (not due to "over-representation", rather I'd just like to see more games get in the roster), Porky is really the only fitting Mother character, should the series get a new rep.

Not to mention, I'm biased. Porky's such a great character. And he's one of very few Mother characters to actually be in two games AND work in SSB. Dr. Andonuts doesn't do a whole lot of fighting, and Giygas is a frightening and incomprehensible background/Mewtwo.

In closing, while Porky isn't too high up on my wishlist (Waluigi, King K. Rool, Ridley and, by extension, Porky, are all relatively low priorities due to being in perfectly repped series), I'll definitely be happy if he does get in.

Count me among the supporters.

Groose

Smash Champion

Easy:
- Connects Earthbound and Mother 3, the two games that make this franchise so popular.
- Sakurai is well aware of him given his appearance as a boss battle (his statue and himself) and the fact his theme from Mother 3 was so present in the game.
- Let's consider all the other possible Mother reps:
Kumatora: like Paula, Lucas essentially took over most of her moves.
Masked Man: Interesting and cool addition, but when you think about it he's a step below Porky.
Duster/Poo/Jeff: All good support characters that would not use PSI and lead to more unique moveset. However, their impact is just not as great.

When you consider Mother as a series, what makes it captivating is that it's humorous, human and tragic all at the same time. Most people actually describe Mother 3 as a very well done game but very depressing. And Porky more than any other character in the series embodies that tone of the Mother series:
- He's absurd and silly like most of the games, as shown by his way of speaking and his cowardly moves in the beginning of Earthbound.
- He's creepy and terrifying as a henchman of Giygas, and through his spider mech.
- He's tragic and depressing in that his position is merely a result of poor parenting and lack of friends. Also, his lack of knowledge of when too much is bad led him to the path of evil and to wind up spending eternity in a capsule.

Given all those things, I find that Porky represents this series in a way few others can, and would make for a great third along with Ness and Lucas. He completes that trio and links it as well as Ganondorf completes the Zelda triforce. Even in SSE Ness and Lucas interacted mainly in their efforts to confront him.

Simply put, if there's a third Mother rep, I personally think he'd be the optimal choice, given that no other character means as much to the series or represents it so well.

Sold! I've never played a Mother game before (hopefully this will soon change), but Porky sounds like an interesting guy to have around. Just do me a favor and further luigify Lucas before you add him.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll repost my thoughts on Porky.

-I've always thought he should use his intestine spider mech from EarthBound. That way, we get Porky's more compact size yet a mech to represent.
-A move should have him eject and use moves like complain, cry, Ness shield, etc. until he can board again. The mech can be a stage obstacle, but, if used as a last-ditch resort recovery or is left behind in a scrolling stage, he's basically screwed.
-His Final Smash should either involve using the Absolutely Safe Capsule (I'd prefer that to be a transforming shield) or turning into the Bed Mech and aging.
-Throw Porky Bots, shoot lasers, the normal Porky things.

That's my take on it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Problem with the Absolutely Safe Capsule is that it's supposed to be so safe it gets him stuck in there for eternity.

I'd prefer his Final Smash involves him calling forth Giygas, since he's also a main villain in Mother.

And yea, I really like the idea of him being like the other kids and fighting without a Mech. Heck, even honoring just Earthbound and ignoring his Mother 3 moves, there's a lot of potential. He could use a Teddy Bear for a shield, summon spiteful crows as a recovery, smiling insincerely as a sort of counter move or shield-buster, throw ramblin' evil mushrooms that mess with people's movement, etc.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
YES!
*Spoilers*
-snip-
Yes yes. Here's hoping to that.
Also, not much of a coffee drinker myself. I personally just love the Twin Peaks style and humor of the game, along with the obscure references to other games like Resident Evil/Biohazard and Silent Hill.
Neither am I. I just like to refer to us Deadly Premonition fans as Coffee lovers.

@Porky's Final Smash
If he released Giygas that would be pretty great. It would basically be a full screen Negative Zone with damage constantly being built up against foes whilst Porky is immune to it's effects.

Or it could just be the Pork Statue too, I'd be fine with that also.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yes yes. Here's hoping to that.
Neither am I. I just like to refer to us Deadly Premonition fans as Coffee lovers.

@Porky's Final Smash
If he released Giygas that would be pretty great. It would basically be a full screen Negative Zone with damage constantly being built up against foes whilst Porky is immune to it's effects.

Or it could just be the Pork Statue too, I'd be fine with that also.
It would be like Luigi's final smash but effects the whole screen, and without the other effects, right? Sounds cool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I prefer the Porky Statue for his Final Smash.

AEM brought up releasing Giygas, which sounds odd to me, as the Giygas were controlling him, not the other way round.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I prefer the Porky Statue for his Final Smash.

AEM brought up releasing Giygas, which sounds odd to me, as the Giygas were controlling him, not the other way round.
Well, Porky was the one to unlock his true form from the Devil's Machine, than escaping, so it could, work if they're using The Earthbound variation of Porky, Pokey.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Well, Porky was the one to unlock his true form from the Devil's Machine, than escaping, so it could, work if they're using The Earthbound variation of Porky, Pokey.
Sure, but remember Giygas is a being with a form that really can't be comprehended, so unless you plan on using
as a reference point, I really don't think the Giygas FS is really that possible (I would be more supporting of the Statue though)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The Pig King Statue picture on the OP isn't working. Might want to get that replaced.

I was just taking a trip down memory lane, looking at the musical and moveset contributions I ever so gladly made for the Pig King.

With concerns as it is as to whether or not Lucas will return, does Porky's chances seem all that optimistic to you still? Frankly, I think we'd be lucky if he was considered for DLC at this rate.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah Mother is quite repped at this point. I do think if he made it in Giygas would be his final smash. It makes more sense than some character's final smash and would be very flashy and rep the other villain in the series.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
My optimism lies in both the fact that Sakurai seems fond of Mother, as well as the fact that Nintendo seems pretty happy with Earthbound right now. They're giving it the attention it hasn't gotten in years.

Really wouldn't be surprised to hear about a VC Mother 3 release, and Porky, or even announcing Lucas as a returning veteran, would be an excellent way to publicize it if it does happen.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Honestly, I find Porky to be incredibly unlikely. He'd be awesome, but yeah, Mother's probably not big enough, or alive enough (Outside of a VC re-release) to get 3 reps. But hey, the same could be said about Star Fox.
My optimism lies in both the fact that Sakurai seems fond of Mother, as well as the fact that Nintendo seems pretty happy with Earthbound right now. They're giving it the attention it hasn't gotten in years.

Really wouldn't be surprised to hear about a VC Mother 3 release, and Porky, or even announcing Lucas as a returning veteran, would be an excellent way to publicize it if it does happen.
I hope you're right, honestly. The series deserves way more attention than it gets. But for now, I'm not really seeing Porky in SSB4. *Sigh* A guy can dream though, can't he?

Top Bottom