• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Missed color scheme usage discussion? I personally use Gold. It makes her look so fancy. :3

Anyway, faced a really good Dedede Player. King Dedede does quite a lot of damage, and his range makes it really hard to get through. He also has a couple combos which are devastating because that hammer packs a punch. What do you guys suggest?

Also, any news on the Rosalina theme for 3ds home menu?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah the lag in 3DS matches can be either non existant or really terrible, with very few instances of in between.

Case and point, I'm writing this message while my match is lagging.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Something I've been abusing in For Glory lately is fully charged Luma Shots. What I do is charge it when someone's coming down from the air and release so it hits just as they land, preferably about half a stage length away so it's harder to punish if I mess up the timing. It usually hits, although I'm sure there are ways to avoid it. I think part of the reason it works so well (for now) is that not many people realize Luma Shot is a kill move when charged, so they don't respect it properly.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Something I've been abusing in For Glory lately is fully charged Luma Shots. What I do is charge it when someone's coming down from the air and release so it hits just as they land, preferably about half a stage length away so it's harder to punish if I mess up the timing. It usually hits, although I'm sure there are ways to avoid it. I think part of the reason it works so well (for now) is that not many people realize Luma Shot is a kill move when charged, so they don't respect it properly.
I notice a lot of people forget that luma can create hitboxes....they ignore the fact that luma is right next to them because they are just relieved that it didn't hit them.

There's just a lot of players on for glory not yet educated on Luma's uses so Rosalina mains have an advantage as of now because of it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was thinking, maybe we can do some Rosalina dittos sometime? It would be great practice especially doing it on non-for glory stages as well as for-glory stages.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I was thinking, maybe we can do some Rosalina dittos sometime? It would be great practice especially doing it on non-for glory stages as well as for-glory stages.
I assume you mean the thread goers in general?

I'd be down for dittos/ helping test.

My alts are palutena, ness, and toon link if you want to test stuff against them.

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
Hey guys, new Rosalina main here, do you know by any chances where can I find tips & tricks, explanation about Luma, tech, etc. ? Because honestly, so far I've no not a single clue on how to space with SideB, comboing with Luma, all the good stuff. Thanks a lot ! :)

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Hey guys, new Rosalina main here, do you know by any chances where can I find tips & tricks, explanation about Luma, tech, etc. ? Because honestly, so far I've no not a single clue on how to space with SideB, comboing with Luma, all the good stuff. Thanks a lot ! :)
Let me guess. Lucina main who was molested by the lag spikes?

My friend switched over to wii fit trainer for this reason .-.

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
Well I intended to main Lucina since her announcement since Marth was my main since Melee, but he's ( and Lucina ) just isn't the same as he used to be so I tried different chars for once and I kinda fell in love with Rosalina after forcing myself ( lol ) to play her " for fun " with my friends, but finally ended up maining her. And so begin my quest for learning new stuff ! :rosalina:

Wii Fit Trainer is awesome, really enjoyable ! :)

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Well I intended to main Lucina since her announcement since Marth was my main since Melee, but he's ( and Lucina ) just isn't the same as he used to be so I tried different chars for once and I kinda fell in love with Rosalina after forcing myself ( lol ) to play her " for fun " with my friends, but finally ended up maining her. And so begin my quest for learning new stuff ! :rosalina:

Welcome cosmic sister/brother (too lazy to check)

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad , teach 'em everything about Rosie.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I notice a lot of people forget that luma can create hitboxes....they ignore the fact that luma is right next to them because they are just relieved that it didn't hit them.

There's just a lot of players on for glory not yet educated on Luma's uses so Rosalina mains have an advantage as of now because of it.
Well, not the ones in National Tournament, Danbuz used Luma really well!
Well I intended to main Lucina since her announcement since Marth was my main since Melee, but he's ( and Lucina ) just isn't the same as he used to be so I tried different chars for once and I kinda fell in love with Rosalina after forcing myself ( lol ) to play her " for fun " with my friends, but finally ended up maining her. And so begin my quest for learning new stuff !

Great to see someone mains Rosalina, and well give you tips, strategies, any fun or interesting about Rosalina right here! If you also have any questions or pics, theories, about her. Besure to post it here!
You may ask: Why do I keep engaging in Rosalina's thread if I am a Mario fan? Well my main is Mario, of course, but Rosalina is the most ideal Mario newcomer I can think of when everyone is talking about Bowser jr., Waluigi,and Daisy.(I don't like Bowser jr. in Smash Bros, the only bad part of this roster is too many Mario reps, sorry Bowser Jr. mains, every has their own likes and dislikes).
And she is obvious beautiful, elegant, and still not too sexual compare to other female vg characters. She is a vg character we can all respect, and she is now like the female mascot of Nintendo now.
Be sure to follow this thread more often cuz the posts are coming fast!
Alright back to main topic. About Rosalina in Smash Bros:
First, questions.
What was your main reaction to Rosalina being confirmed in Smash Bros? Did you watch it live?
What is your most used color of Rosalina?
Rosalina is a character that is very lightweight, with Luma she can give a lot of damage. If Luma takes too many hits it will disappear, it will come back every 8 seconds after being defeated.
Her advantages of course is with Luma she can trapped opponents. Has a efficient aerial attacks, her Gravitational Pull is useful too.
Disadvantages is has slow and laggy dash attack, high predictable recovery.
Rosalina is the Champ of Smash Bros 3DS National tournament.
This is all I can say for now, there are more users will give you more advanced tips soon.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Someone seriously needs to do a sitcom-style parody of the day-to-day life of Rosalina being the single mother of millions of star toddlers, when the universe isn't in need of her help. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Missed color scheme usage discussion? I personally use Gold. It makes her look so fancy. :3

Anyway, faced a really good Dedede Player. King Dedede does quite a lot of damage, and his range makes it really hard to get through. He also has a couple combos which are devastating because that hammer packs a punch. What do you guys suggest?

Also, any news on the Rosalina theme for 3ds home menu?
Luma Shot sends Dedede's Gordos right back at him, and they can be GP'd. On top of that, dodging and punishing is great against him, since many of his attacks have a lot of recoil.

Also that 3DS theme comes out tomorrow, at least in the UK.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad , teach 'em everything about Rosie.
...Why me?

I'm mediocre with her. ._.

The universe's hottest MILF presented to you live on SPIKE TV.

okay...I'll stop....xD
I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who associates Rosalina with that abbreviation. XD

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Whatever you guys are talking about, it's relevant to my interests. :awesome:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Someone seriously needs to do a sitcom-style parody of the day-to-day life of Rosalina being the single mother of millions of star toddlers, when the universe isn't in need of her help. :p
Why I think the story is great, why making a parody of it?
I don't even know what that means.
Me either.....
Luma Shot sends Dedede's Gordos right back at him, and they can be GP'd. On top of that, dodging and punishing is great against him, since many of his attacks have a lot of recoil.

Also that 3DS theme comes out tomorrow, at least in the UK.

...Why me?

I'm mediocre with her. ._.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who associates Rosalina with that abbreviation. XD
Well.....you are quite have a knowledge about Rosalina in this thread.....of course not just you, everyone can bring information to our users.
And by the way, remember you mentioned Jesus a while ago? It reminds me of "Last Supper" Smash Bros version.
Looks like Donkey Kong is going to be the one who betrayed Mario LOL.
And here is " Kirby eats up everything" version:
I know this is unrelated to Rosalina but actually I hope they can make an update version of it since ya know maybe they can put Rosalina instead of Snake.

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I think I might be lying to myself. I do way better with palutena... (2,2,1,3) than I do with Rosalina (1,2,1,1) though I can't vanilla Palutena at all....rosalina I can manage without customs though. Just...I keep coming back to rosalina because that projectile and dash attack is soooo good. Ugh. (And I like Rosalina more as a character...though palutena is very entertaining).

I am torn. I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel. I'm cold and I am shamed, lying naked on the floor.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ROSALINA THEME IS OUT (yes I was actually hyped for a theme, shush)

They cost a bit of money in the US apparently, but the UK gets them free! :D

(I'm having trouble downloading them for some reason though...)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I purchased the new theme, and basically, as you scroll the touch screen on the 3DS main menu, Rosalina will have three different angles that you can view her at. However, there isn't an angle with her hair bang facing towards you.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Cool! I will get it soon too if I had the money.
I purchased the new theme, and basically, as you scroll the touch screen on the 3DS main menu, Rosalina will have three different angles that you can view her at. However, there isn't an angle with her hair bang facing towards you.
When you look at her towards the bang, it somehow gives you a breeze. It feels so cool, but a bit depressed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Got the new Rosalina theme. Looks great. It feels weird how they are missing a side of her though. Esepcially when I'm just slowly scrolling through it.

The Super Mario 2007 music is ok. Hopefully in the future we get a much nicer Rosalina them with more galaxyish music. Comet Observatory and Gusty Garden are obvious picks.

It's still a nice theme and overall is nice to look at.

For right now, probably will be using this and the Hanfauda one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ugh, the theme won't download for me...keep getting an error. Yet, I can play Smash online just fine.

There must be a lot of people looking for this theme.

And yeah, I wish one of Rosalina's actual theme songs were used.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
For the color discussion, i go for gold , so the colorpick is selfexplained. :D

So, saw something on a food package, kinda even related to the space theory, apparently theres a satelite called rosetta thats gonna document a comet or something similar :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom