• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
HTML coding doesn't work here. You have to use BB codes.
Since the audio is from the 3DS, the Wii U version will have a higher quality. When Rosalina & Luma's theme on Wii U version is recorded, will you be replacing the current one in the coverage thread? Also, I was planning on recording Rosalina & Luma's sounds (if someone doesn't do it by the time it comes out). Would you like me to put the recordings all in a video for the coverage thread? Lastly, when the Wii U version comes out, I'll record them again and update you on a new video (since there will be a higher quality and it's probably being voiced by Laura Faye Smith).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since the audio is from the 3DS, the Wii U version will have a higher quality. When Rosalina & Luma's theme on Wii U version is recorded, will you be replacing the current one in the coverage thread? Also, I was planning on recording Rosalina & Luma's sounds (if someone doesn't do it by the time it comes out). Would you like me to put the recordings all in a video for the coverage thread? Lastly, when the Wii U version comes out, I'll record them again and update you on a new video (since there will be a higher quality and it's probably being voiced by Laura Faye Smith).
No, I'll simply separate the victory themes by which version they're from. As for the voice clips, you can cover them all if you wish.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll see if I can help with Wii U Rosalina voice clips too, and any other sounds people want.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
Okay, there are these wider character alts ripped from the game and I don't know where in the game you'd see them. Smash Run maybe?

These probably goes in the miscellaneous section on the coverage thread somewhere...
Source: http://imgur.com/a/mKMY4

I think that's all the Rosalina & Luma related images from the 3DS rom so far. There were also other alternative character icons that weren't posted:

Again, the overall source for all of these is from reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2gpoyh/images_of_interest_from_the_ssb3ds_rom/

I'm sure there will be more from the Wii U version.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Just thought this was funny.
Is this still a big news, that Rosalina is in Smash Bros LOL!
I don't know why only Rosalina and Bowser have alt victory themes? What about other characters?
It is kind of weird to me that Rosalina had different voice actors on both versions, can you go ask them @Swiftie_Muggle ?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think that picture is more depicting the day that Rosalina was confirmed to be participating. However, seeing Rosalina worried like that really isn't how I'd depict the situation.
Just joking actually, but you can change the situation whatever you want of course.
I want to repeat my last post, I wonder why Rosalina is going to have different voice actors on both versions. They all sound good but, why do they have to spend that much time having two voice actors for Rosalina?
So why is Rosalina's sprite head wearing a blue crown?:rosalina:
That's what she's like on the 3ds stock.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's kind of the main way to help people know which palette swap you're using for her. Princess Peach did just that for Brawl.
Fair enough, I just would have thought the default would look normal.

Nice to see the heads update, now I just want Rosalina to appear under me name with my other mains in the series.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I was watching Zero's stream for bit and he and m2k seem to think Rosalina could be top tier. What does everyone think of that? I also just noticed that there are now icon's for smash wiiu and 3ds. Bit weird that both versions get an icon. A little redundant but so be it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was watching Zero's stream for bit and he and m2k seem to think Rosalina could be top tier. What does everyone think of that? I also just noticed that there are now icon's for smash wiiu and 3ds. Bit weird that both versions get an icon. A little redundant but so be it.
Players may have two mains, which is why you can make your 3DS main different from your Wii U main. As for tier placements, it remains to be seen what the other characters are capable of doing. Rosalina is no Brawl Meta Knight after all.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think they have quite the potential, especially since they have great off stage game with Luma being to perform smash attacks off the stage.

Speaking of which, I hear a lot of people saying Luma Warp won't be a good custom move. I disagree. I think it will allow Luma to quickly be able to attack players trying to recover as well as just keeping opponents guessing. Her default has to charge after all. With that said, both Rosalina's default neutral special and Luma Warp will have it's usage. The default allows for spacing and control, while Luma Warp will allow for quick movements keeping opponents on their toes trying to be careful.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Jump Star Attack may prove to be useful, even with a shortened distance. Its ability to deal damage would at least make it more difficult for close combat fighters to edge-guard her.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So am I the only one who doesn't have icons under my name?

Everyone is stating they updated the mains thing but I still only have the three under my name, so does everyone for that matter.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So am I the only one who doesn't have icons under my name?

Everyone is stating they updated the mains thing but I still only have the three under my name, so does everyone for that matter.
You simply have to modify your personal information. On a side note, your 3DS and Wii U mains can be different.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm using Rosalina's Jump Star Attack and the Speedy Star Bit as my customs. The main reason for the Jump Star Attack is because I think it should cause damage. Mario, when using a Launch Star, could crush through Crystals plus other things and to me, it would be strange for Rosalina not to cause damage when she does it. The Speedy Star Bit is like the original Star Bit shot from Galaxy, and it travels a long length.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You simply have to modify your personal information. On a side note, your 3DS and Wii U mains can be different.
I've done that, Do I have to be a premium member? Because it says that some features are only available to them underneath.

I have set my 3DS main to Rosalina and my Wii U main to Greninja.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've done that, Do I have to be a premium member? Because it says that some features are only available to them underneath.

I have set my 3DS main to Rosalina and my Wii U main to Greninja.
You have to be a Premium user to see your main on the background of your posts. Premium users can also choose between their 3DS or Wii U main for their post backgrounds.

Since your 3DS main is Rosalina, and your Wii U main is Greninja, if you're a Premium user, your post background will either display Rosalina, Greninja, or neither of them, based on your preference settings.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You have to be a Premium user to see your main on the background of your posts. Premium users can also choose between their 3DS or Wii U main for their post backgrounds.

Since your 3DS main is Rosalina, and your Wii U main is Greninja, if you're a Premium user, your post background will either display Rosalina, Greninja, or neither of them, based on your preference settings.
But what about being displayed under my profile with My Brawl, Melee and 64 main? I thought thats what people were talking about.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Go to your personal details to change your mains.
What do you mean? I've already set 3DS to Rosalina and Wii U to Greninja.

Although I might not have saved, but I went back and did that so this is also a bit of a test to see if it works.
EDIT: Nope, I still only have Kirby, G&W and R.O.B. under my profile.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
What do you mean? I've already set 3DS to Rosalina and Wii U to Greninja.

Although I might not have saved, but I went back and did that so this is also a bit of a test to see if it works.
EDIT: Nope, I still only have Kirby, G&W and R.O.B. under my profile.
Unfortunately, there's no Greninja sprite visible, even though it can be highlighted. I changed mine to Greninja to see if it works, and it doesn't. Greninja's sprite hasn't been added for whatever reason. This has happened with Rosalina before, so you'll have to wait a while.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Unfortunately, there's no Greninja sprite visible, even though it can be highlighted. I changed mine to Greninja to see if it works, and it doesn't. Greninja's sprite hasn't been added for whatever reason. This has happened with Rosalina before, so you'll have to wait a while.
Wait? You can see Rosalina?

I think Smashboards is glitching for me? I can't see her.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Try refreshing your browser. If that doesn't help, you'll just have to be patient.
I have a feeling it might be more then that.

Do you have a smash 4 main set? I can't see ANYONES Smash 4 mains.

Maybe my computer can't display that particular image because its blocked (I'm a school laptop using a special internet login password that lets me hop on most sites, but many image services are blocked)

But even then, there would normally be something to indicate there is an image there. Like a square with a cross in it.

But I can see other head sprites just fine.

Weird, How long have I had a Rosalina sprite there?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm using Rosalina's Jump Star Attack and the Speedy Star Bit as my customs. The main reason for the Jump Star Attack is because I think it should cause damage. Mario, when using a Launch Star, could crush through Crystals plus other things and to me, it would be strange for Rosalina not to cause damage when she does it. The Speedy Star Bit is like the original Star Bit shot from Galaxy, and it travels a long length.
I'm going to try out drifting star bits my self and see what I can do with it. If it doesn't work that well for me, I probably will use speedy star bits.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ok thats weird, when I hover over the spots where my mains would be, It does say 3DS main and Wii U main.

Images are there, I just can't see them. I'm going to try changing the colour scheme of Smashboards and see if that makes a difference. It could just be a loading problem.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Refreshing worked for me. I didn't see any images there for your 3ds/wii u mains but after refreshing the page the 3ds one is visible along with other peoples' mains.

Though your wii u main isn't visible for me still....

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Refreshing worked for me. I didn't see any images there for your 3ds/wii u mains but after refreshing the page the 3ds one is visible along with other peoples' mains.

Though your wii u main isn't visible for me still....
Now it works.

Doesn't going from one page to another basically the same thing as refreshing?

And I swear I've already done a simple refresh anyway.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm going to try out drifting star bits my self and see what I can do with it. If it doesn't work that well for me, I probably will use speedy star bits.
Pick the custom move that suits yourself, and make Rosalina even stronger!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Now it works.

Doesn't going from one page to another basically the same thing as refreshing?

And I swear I've already done a simple refresh anyway.
No, your browser will load pre-set information of a website when you visit it to decrease loading times and decrease page load, aka a cache. It usually doesn't get updated when you visit a new page. To reset your cache on the site you're on, you press CTRL + F5. I had to do this to see the head icons and new emoticons.

Speaking of which, why are the head icons so small in comparison to the others? My OCD is going nuts over this.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, your browser will load pre-set information of a website when you visit it to decrease loading times and decrease page load, aka a cache. It usually doesn't get updated when you visit a new page. To reset your cache on the site you're on, you press CTRL + F5. I had to do this to see the head icons and new emoticons.

Speaking of which, why are the head icons so small in comparison to the others? My OCD is going nuts over this.
Sometimes, computers are just tricky sometimes, be sure not to download too much stuff from the web.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Does Rosalina's moveset change with no Luma or does she have to have Luma to do those moves?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does Rosalina's moveset change with no Luma or does she have to have Luma to do those moves?
Moves that require the Luma will be rendered useless if the Luma is absent. This includes all the Luma Shot variations, all the Star Bit variations, and Guardian Luma. All other attacks can be used without the Luma, but they'll have their power reduced until a new Luma appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom