• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
After reading this, this gives me more hope that Rosalina will have her Cosmic Spirit as an alt...

Lots of details from NintendoEverything:

http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3d...

• This is from a demo event in Japan
  • Someone provided some impressions
  • Peach's butt bomb is a lot stronger
  • Link has a red costume with markings underneath his eyes
  • Toon Link has the four swords colors and the old style Link color
  • There is no Outset Island Toon Link
  • Pac-Man is slow
  • Zelda has a white costume
  • Chrom appears in Robin's victory pose
  • Nintendo was very strict about pictures and video at the event
  • Olimar has an Alph alt
  • Fox has a Wolf palette swap
  • Glasses Pikachu confirmed
  • Fierce Deity Link confirmed
  • These other colors and costumes are rumored at the moment
  • Fire Peach is a Peach alt
  • Black and purple Yoshis confirmed
  • Palutena has a Viridi color scheme
  • Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are Meta Knight alts
  • Shiny Charizard is an Charziard alt
  • Pac-Man can wear accessories
http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3d...
I'll be posting this information on threads that contain the characters mentioned and on the social thread. You can read in better detail by clicking on the link.

Rosalina looks really short here, due to the perspective maybe?
Wait. So there's a Japanese Demo that's farther in development, that's going on right now? 3ds?
Interesting that Lucina isn't in it...
Is Shulk?
And how about footage?
...and what's going on with Pikachu's ear?

----------------------------

Edit: Oh, and before I forget. Here's the link to the final satisfaction rating for the revealed newcomers in Smash 4 on the RTC thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...ja-satisfaction.351920/page-250#post-17490693
Please stop by! Do it for :rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait. So there's a Japanese Demo that's farther in development, that's going on right now? 3ds?
Interesting that Lucina isn't in it...
Is Shulk?
And how about footage?
...and what's going on with Pikachu's ear?

----------------------------

Edit: Oh, and before I forget. Here's the link to the final satisfaction rating for the revealed newcomers in Smash 4 on the RTC thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...ja-satisfaction.351920/page-250#post-17490693
Please stop by! Do it for :rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:
The two threads you want to check out are:

http://smashboards.com/threads/3ds-...on-september-6th.366530/page-23#post-17488180

http://smashboards.com/threads/sorr...ayed-the-release-build-of-smash-4-ama.366574/

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hi, I've been lurking in this thread for a couple weeks and I enjoy reading all your analysis and speculation on Rosaluma.
I think that aside from Shulk and maybe Palutena there's no other character that comes close to being to being so technically complex so I'm very intersested in how Rosalina & Luma will be to play.

There's a lot of strengths to them from what we've seen, so I've been trying to think of what problems or weaknesses are going to balance it out. Would you guys agree that the #1 potential Rosaluma killer could be speed?

My thoughts are that if a fast opponent is able to get in between Rosa and Luma (due to a whiffed lumashot for example) he'll be able to overwhelm the player quite easily.
Rosalina herself is a large target and while her tilts have large hitboxes they might not be as fast as attacks from a character like Sonic. This seems like it would make her easy to combo as other large characters like Bowser & Dedede.

Too much aggressiveness against smaller and faster characters could be severely punished so keeping Luma close by in these matchups might be wise. (Custom moves like the big luma could also help in these matches)

What do you think?

(sorry for the wall of text)
Speed isn't exactly enough if the fighter's approach options are not safe. Rosalina can always counter speed with a good defense, and the Luma does add to the equation.

If anything, Rosalina's main weakness will probably be against long-ranged weaponry, so she might have to be careful around someone like Shulk.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shulk isn't a perfect counter either though, since his Smash Attacks seem to have a cool down period, meaning he can be dodged and countered easily (according to new information from that new demo). Rosalina's dodge is particularly amazing so that also helps.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think Palutena VS Rosalina & Luma is almost a 50/50 matchup. I don't know what would Rosalina & Luma's perfect matchup would be (besides a mirror match). Does anyone have any idea of the toughest character Rosalina & Luma might face? What about the weakest character against Rosalina & Luma?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see Palutena being any particular trouble for Rosalina.

I don't see anyone being particularly troubling for her, honestly.

She's OP. Again. Like anyone was surprised, she always is. :p

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't see Palutena being any particular trouble for Rosalina.

I don't see anyone being particularly troubling for her, honestly.

She's OP. Again. Like anyone was surprised, she always is. :p
Well then we should assume Ganondorf will have the hardest time against RosaLuma? Also, does Gravitational Pull slow down Rosalina when she's being launched?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I believe it does. She definitely has some sort of momentum cancelling option. Seen it at the Invitational, just can't remember what it was.

Also I think Konkey Dong will have the toughest time against Prosalina players.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Shulk isn't a perfect counter either though, since his Smash Attacks seem to have a cool down period, meaning he can be dodged and countered easily (according to new information from that new demo). Rosalina's dodge is particularly amazing so that also helps.
Well it's not like every long-ranged weaponry fighter is going to be a pure Rosalina counter, as each of them do have their fair share of flaws.

Even King Dedede has to play smart, but that lethal grab game of his could be trouble for Rosalina if the Luma isn't around to save her.

I think Palutena VS Rosalina & Luma is almost a 50/50 matchup. I don't know what would Rosalina & Luma's perfect matchup would be (besides a mirror match). Does anyone have any idea of the toughest character Rosalina & Luma might face? What about the weakest character against Rosalina & Luma?
That's a tough question to answer right now. Some people consider Meta Knight to be Rosalina's toughest matchup, but that's highly skeptical right now; even I'm not all that certain with Rosalina vs. Meta Knight.

As for Rosalina's easiest matchup, there are at least two characters that I know who could be heavily overwhelmed by Rosalina's battle options.

:jigglypuff:: Its reach is quite poor, and just about all of its approaches can easily be blocked and/or countered. Attacks from above are no good either, thanks to Rosalina's up tilt.

:ganondorf:: Stuck as a slower, but stronger Captain Falcon clone again, Ganondorf has huge problems with his approach options. He has no safe approaches at all, as even Flame Choke is countered by the Luma. Trying to recover with Dark Dive? Forget about it.

Biff

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it seems a lot of characters will have problems just landing a hit.

Gonna be interesting to see how Rosaluma dittos play out.

andimidna

Smash Master
We'd have to know Meta Knight's priority and differences from Brawl before deciding that.
But that does make some sense.
How do you guys think Rosalina vs Olimar would go?
And even though they look to be cut, Rosalina vs Ice Climbers?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The problem I have with his catchphrase is that it's used as a cop out for whenever he messes up.

Game Theory takes itself seriously. Yeah, it has jokes. But a lot of episodes, specifically the best ones, go into some really complicated areas and are trying to reveal an oversight on the part of a developer, or simply get people thinking. The "Mario is Mental!?" series is actually one of his best put together theories, because while Mario being a sociopath sounds completely absurd at first glance, especially in comparison to Rosalina being the daughter of Mario and Peach (people who don't know much about Rosalina to begin with might buy it since it's not that ridiculous before you analyse the details), it was actually a really well constructed theory that revealed a lot of things many people didn't know about, such as the back stories in the various Classic Donkey Kong games, and how they actually have a concrete connection to each other. He brought up actual obscure Mario trivia, and basically exposed a gigantic oversight in Nintendo's inconsistency with how they portray Mario. That series made Mario being a sociopath a completely valid and acceptable headcanon.

The Rosalina episode is just obnoxiously going against facts and making completely superficial observations on Rosalina's appearance, and likening her appearance to Peach more than he should be (they seriously don't look that similar, and I took some pictures of Peach and Daisy in MK8 yesterday that basically prove it through their biker outfits), and crying "GENETICS" to make the theory sound more legit to those who are blissfully unaware.

Game Theory used to be one of my favourite YouTube shows. It had the odd fumble (the episode where they claim Sonic is actually a lot slower than Mario was nearly as bad as this Rosalina episode), but in general, they had very good propositions to make.

They just seem to be making conspiracy theories for the sake of it at this point, with no solid points. Their series about the Wii U, and how it ends in "ALL GAMERZ ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM" is especially terrible, since it actually targets his own freakin' audience.

At least we still have Gaijin Goombah, who made a more legitimate theory about Rosalina and her Cat Suit. He still seems fine to me.
I live in Taiwan so I am a hour late here than Japan!Now I am finally up from my sleep!

So yeah,some of his theories are weird and stupid to some of us, but it depends which genre of games you are. Probably the Sony main fans all agreed that Nintendo Wii U sucks, and just like us we are Rosalina fans so we know Rosalina more than him, but to some of those who doesn't know who is might consider it ledgit.

You can take theories seriously but don't think it is a FACT, if you think there is something wrong just share your thoughts to him on Youtube. He will explain it.

Some nice rivalry.
Who is the best Goddness/Lady of Nintendo?
Again I am HYPED when I saw these billboards!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
What I find surprising, at least to me, is that the "and" sign between Rosalina and Luma is from the English language, probably because their names are spelled in the English language.

It's a stupid and obvious observation though.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
What I find surprising, at least to me, is that the "and" sign between Rosalina and Luma is from the English language, probably because their names are spelled in the English language.

Then again , Palutena's and Rosalina's names are in normal letters , not japanese ones....

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Well actually Rosalina's name is from her Japanese name vocal traslated to English, so is Luma.
Here are the Japanese name difference of some characters:
(English)-(Japanese)
Megaman-Rockman
Bowser-Koopa
Charizard-Lizardon
Greninja-Gekouga
S.T.H.-Sonic(Just Sonic)
King DeDeDe-Just DEDEDE
Rosalina&Luma-Rosetta&Chiko

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I guess I just find it odd as to why the names are written in English and not Japanese, regardless of Japanese name vocals traslated to English. Why not ロゼッタ&チコ instead of Rosetta & Chiko?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess I just find it odd as to why the names are written in English and not Japanese, regardless of Japanese name vocals traslated to English. Why not ロゼッタ&チコ instead of Rosetta & Chiko?
They do have it in the official website. It is just hard to see.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So guys , bringing this up again ; Today i emailed Kerri Kane♥ , to say hi and to ask her if She was voicing Rosalina in Smash.
Here's her response.

I know i already proved it , But Kerri Herself supported me. She is Rosalina in the gameplays , SO FAR.
But it might , change .

Any thoughts?

Btw , Kerri is just a sweetheart , since she responded nicely and fast.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eeeeeeeh, don't know how I feel about that. I hope she has improved tremendously, or at least had better voice direction. She sounded terrible in MK7 and Mario Golf, IMO. Rosalina didn't know if she was Peach or a 40 year old smoker in those games.

Nothing against Kerri as a person, she seems really sweet, just really thought something sounded wrong with the voice. Might not be her fault though, may have been poor voice direction or maybe they screwed up the echo effect? Or maybe it was the 3DS speakers? I don't know.

I'm really confused as to why they would drop Laura and go back to Kerri though, if Kerri is in the final build. :\

------

The Mario OTP having a Sunday drive. :3

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , i think She sounded JUST right , since she has a significantly LOWER voice than Laura + ECHO!
And in World Tour she actually sounded waaayy better than in MK7 Since they used the clips that didnt make it to MK7!

Also , i remember people saying that they liked her voice in SMASH!
I would be dissapointed of the community if they change their minds , just because it's Kerri again -_- since many already liked her voice in the demos.

Also , Laura sounds more like Peach than Kerri did , to be honest.
"
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad i remember you saying that Rosalina sounded like Laura with echoes in the demos , which basically means that you thought it was a different person and you didn't complain .

Why you complain about Kerri now , when the proof is in the table?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also , Laura sounds more like Peach than Kerri did , to be honest.
Noooooooooooooo.

I actually specifically played as Peach (and Daisy) in MK8 yesterday right after playing as Rosalina a ton, and the difference in body shape and voice between Peach and Rosalina is actually unsettling since I'm so used to Rosalina at this point. It's basically the final nail in the coffin for me heavily disliking likening Rosalina to Peach beyond a few minor details, since they are way different.

The difference in speed between the two was even more unsettling.

Also, I know I said I was liking how Rosalina is sounding in Smash, but she was really hard to hear clearly, so I could have had a placebo effect going. Disliking Kerri in Smash when I hear it in person and thinking it's not up to snuff is valid and in no way hypocritical, it's simply a changed opinion based on a better informed impression.

And Rosalina lacking an echo when Laura was doing her voice is not a point against her, as it has absolutely nothing to do with her acting, it's a decision made by the sound team.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Noooooooooooooo.

I actually specifically played as Peach (and Daisy) in MK8 yesterday right after playing as Rosalina a ton, and the difference in body shape and voice between Peach and Rosalina is actually unsettling since I'm so used to Rosalina at this point. It's basically the final nail in the coffin for me heavily disliking likening Rosalina to Peach beyond a few minor details, since they are way different.

The difference in speed between the two was even more unsettling.
Then why many many people reacted BAD to her new voice?

When she says WHEEEE , She sounded too ''Peachy''.

I don't have anything against Laura , but i just can't stand How different She is from Mercedes!

Listen to MKWii Rosalina's ''Lets go!''
and go and listen her MK8 ''Lets go!''

EXTREMELY DIFFERENT , i can't even. Kerri At least tried , Laura on the other hand is voicing a completely different character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Laura isn't voicing a completely different character, and Mercedes sounded way more excited in MKWii than Laura currently does, as if that's a problem in Mario Kart. To the point where a compilation of Rosalina's MKWii voice clips sound like sex tapes to me, she's that excited.

And saying the same phrase differently doesn't even mean much. Voice actors in video games often do tons of takes of the same phrases. Maybe Laura had a take of "Lets go!" that sounded more similar to Mercedes, and it just wasn't used (only two were used in MK8).

I think Laura does an excellent job of converting Rosalina's gentle, reserved, yet assertive demeanour into the more light-hearted games. Rosalina still sounds like a woman, while Peach and Daisy sound like teenage girls. When Peach wins a multiplayer round in 3D World, she modestly says "Well I'll be...", almost having a "dumb blonde" vibe. When Rosalina wins, she assertively says "That's right!", as if things couldn't go any other way. And when she hits her special button in World Star-3, she says "Did you see that!?".

Though many of her voice clips are also very soft, and I especially love her little "Ta-ta!" when passing people in MK8 or leaving the group in 3D World.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Mercedes Sounded exited in a way to actually fit Rosalina's personality , and that's being a Mario character without generic personality traits. In MK8 Laura Faye went over the top everytime Rosalina gets a speed boost!.
Also when She wins : ''Yes! VICTORIIIIEIEEEEE!'' Seriously? -_-
When Mercedes wins as Rosalina : ''Yeah We win! '' in a soft and a little exited voice.

The leap between the voices when toooooo far when Laura started voicing her.
However , i would like her to be in Smash so they keep Rosalina's voice consistent , at least.

Rosalina went back from being a Great character in MKWii to being just a normal girl in MK8.

And that's saying alot since , Laura actually did better in SM3Dworld.

Kerri Tried to stay close to Mercedes , while still having fun ; Meanwhile Laura Faye just keeps making Rosalina sound normal , not special like She was before. And not only because the lack of echo , but also because her voice is THE HIGHEST of all the Rosalina's voice actrecess.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sigh, looks like we'll have to get a translated copy of the instruction manual to see the voice acting credits for Smash 3DS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think you're having a serious placebo effect yourself here. Laura is far from over the top - like I said, you can't claim anything here about Laura being excited or over the top without applying to Mercedes' MKWii performance tenfold.

Seriously, her getting excited here is making me kinda excited, in a way. :V

And Kerri Kane is definitely higher than Laura, though not all of the time (she's about the same when she isn't). Like I said, she either sounds like Peach or a 40 year old smoker in MK7. Haven't heard much of her in Mario Golf but her voice clip for being selected on the character select screen is reeeeeallly off ("Awwwwriiiiegh").

I love Mercedes and Laura about the same. I consider Mercedes to swing between "graceful" (Galaxy) and "almost sultry" (MKWii, and a little bit in Galaxy). While I consider Laura to be "cool, calm, and collected" (3D World) or "politely competitive" (MK8).

Objectively though, I think they both did a better job than Kerri. Kerri doesn't lack the talent. She lacks the direction and clear image of what she should sound like. As in, Mercedes and Laura knew exactly what they wanted to be and were very consistent, to the point where I can easily imagine them voicing full conversation for her without a hitch. Kerri Kane is all over the place though. Sometimes she sounds decent, but more times I want to turn off my volume. I feel like she was still trying to experiment to find a Rosalina voice that works, and had voice clips from different stages of her experimentation used, leading to the mess that makes Rosalina sound like two people at once.

On another note, Hyrule Warriors has some narration for it's loading screens, and the voice of the narrator is what I envision Laura would sound like if she was reading a passage like this, to the Lumas (maybe it IS her).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Mercedes will never be topped however .
She made Rosalina have personality .
As i said Before , it's quite rude the way you are refering to Kerri just because you don't like her performance.(A smoker? really? way to be classy right there -_- sarcasm*)
Laura Faye has a really pretty voice , but she isn't Rosalina , she is more like Blue Space Generic Girl

Mercedes is the true Rosalina , the one that made me like the character and kick some butt in MKWii.
The one that made me enjoy the bookstory.
The one that sounded mature and graceful.

And again , AT LEAST , Kerri tried . While Laura is just.... there , filling a spot.

People barely noticed the change between Mercedes and Kerri .... but Laura is just another character.

Personally if they end up giving the role to Kerri in Smash , i'd be so glad since Haters gonna Hate at the end of the day.

On a side note , i'm gathering info about the two actrecesses , so i will find out the final voice actress in Smash for Rosalina , soon.

Also saying that Kerri is higher than Laura is just Blasphemic . No wonder why i could tell that It was Kerri's voice in smash , while you where in denial.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Let's not drag the voice acting argument any further than where it's at right now. We simply just need to know the voice acting credits to know who Rosalina's voice actor is for Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

Anyway, based on game history, Kerri portrayed Rosalina for the 3DS titles, while Laura portrayed Rosalina for the Wii U titles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And how does Laura not have personality? Like I said, she gives Rosalina an assertive, competitive, yet warm and welcoming demeanour. Not far from Mercedes' portrayal.

The only reason Laura doesn't sound as reserved most of the time is because of the games she is in. Mercedes got to voice Rosalina in a game with a more grand, serious tone to it. Laura has only been given light-hearted, multiplayer games to work with. Mercedes also got to do the latter with MKWii, but Laura has not yet been given the chance to be in a more serious game. So it's unfair to say she is "less accurate" when she really isn't doing things differently to how Mercedes did in MKWii, and we don't have a more serious game to go off of with Laura.

And I'm not being rude to Kerri. Like I said, I think she just needed more of a chance to figure out how she wanted to portray Rosalina. The difference between her and the other two is like night and day to me though, as it stands. Maybe she will find her mark if she is voicing her in Smash, but until then, I do criticise her performance (the 40 year old smoker comment is not an insult, I just literally cannot describe some of her voice clips in any other way. That's legitimately how she sounds, sometimes).

Let's not drag the voice acting argument any further than where it's at right now. We simply just need to know the voice acting credits to know who Rosalina's voice actor is for Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

Anyway, based on game history, Kerri portrayed Rosalina for the 3DS titles, while Laura portrayed Rosalina for the Wii U titles.
This is a General Discussion thread, so one would assume carrying a discussion is an OK thing here.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
And how does Laura not have personality? Like I said, she gives Rosalina an assertive, competitive, yet warm and welcoming demeanour. Not far from Mercedes' portrayal.

The only reason Laura doesn't sound as reserved most of the time is because of the games she is in. Mercedes got to voice Rosalina in a game with a more grand, serious tone to it. Laura has only been given light-hearted, multiplayer games to work with. Mercedes also got to do the latter with MKWii, but Laura has not yet been given the chance to be in a more serious game. So it's unfair to say she is "less accurate" when she really isn't doing things differently to how Mercedes did in MKWii, and we don't have a more serious game to go off of with Laura.

And I'm not being rude to Kerri. Like I said, I think she just needed more of a chance to figure out how she wanted to portray Rosalina. The difference between her and the other two is like night and day to me though, as it stands. Maybe she will find her mark if she is voicing her in Smash, but until then, I do criticise her performance (the 40 year old smoker comment is not an insult, I just literally cannot describe some of her voice clips in any other way. That's legitimately how she sounds, sometimes).

This is a General Discussion thread, so one would assume carrying a discussion is an OK thing here.
Mercedes Gave Rosalina the ''it'' factor with her deep , and motherly <--- important , voice. Something that Laura doesn't , and the excuse of the ''serious'' games DOESN'T really work when Rosalina barely made sounds in SMG , but it was enough to make her a special character. Mercedes nailed it when it was her MKWii time , Rosalina sounded way too perfect , like a Goddess. Laura sounded fine , but not Goddess-like in 3dworld , a game were she was able to show more expression in her lines.

Personally , i think that Rosalina had a ''Peach voice actor case'' ; Let me explain.

Mercedes was to Rosalina what Jen Taylor was to Peach , The perfect voice.

Kerri is to Rosalina what Nicole Mills was to Peach , the runner up that tried to make the character sound good; and they basically succeded.

Laura Faye HOWEVER is not to Rosalina what Samantha Kelly is to Peach ; since Samantha is clearly the best reemplacement for Jen , while Laura isn't the best reemplacement for Mercedes since this is when her voice became EXTREMELY different from the original , thus making it inconsistent.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

You mean Rosalina might have different voice actor on both versions?
So guys , bringing this up again ; Today i emailed Kerri Kane♥ , to say hi and to ask her if She was voicing Rosalina in Smash.
Here's her response.

I know i already proved it , But Kerri Herself supported me. She is Rosalina in the gameplays , SO FAR.
But it might , change .

Any thoughts?

Btw , Kerri is just a sweetheart , since she responded nicely and fast.
Whoa you E-mailed to her?Nice!
Then why many many people reacted BAD to her new voice?

When she says WHEEEE , She sounded too ''Peachy''.

I don't have anything against Laura , but i just can't stand How different She is from Mercedes!

Listen to MKWii Rosalina's ''Lets go!''
and go and listen her MK8 ''Lets go!''

EXTREMELY DIFFERENT , i can't even. Kerri At least tried , Laura on the other hand is voicing a completely different character.
I just hope she can sound better in Smash Bros, she is indeed has a higher voice in MK8 and SM3DW.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
BREAKING NEWS!:colorful:
LAURA FAYE IS GONNA BE ROSALINA!!!

So i emailed Laura♥ Too , and here's her response!

I must say i wanted Kerri to return , But Laura is just really LOVELY! , She has a pretty voice , and while i think she needs to improve her performance , Im glad she is gonna stay to make Rosalina sound consistent , with her brand new voice at least.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
BREAKING NEWS!:colorful:
LAURA FAYE IS GONNA BE ROSALINA!!!

So i emailed Laura♥ Too , and here's her response!

I must say i wanted Kerri to return , But Laura is just really LOVELY! , She has a pretty voice , and while i think she needs to improve her performance , Im glad she is gonna stay to make Rosalina sound consistent.
Well she is the current voice actor. Although her voice was high pitched in MK8, but I hope she sounds better here. I wonder if she already starred in the demo?
And how did you know her E-mail anyway?
If the discussion turns into an argument, however, then it's probably time to stop.
I can't tell what voice actor that @ ChikoLad ChikoLad and @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle likes because their comment are too complicated.
You guys,debate but don't argue. This issue to me I am just curious of you guys thoughts about Rosalina's voice? Does she really sounds too "Peachy" in MK8 and SM3DW?To me all of her voice actor are all great.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well she is the current voice actor. Although her voice was high pitched in MK8, but I hope she sounds better here. I wonder if she already starred in the demo?
And how did you know her E-mail anyway?
Her website has her email , so i did it to settle this down.
I'm glad she returns since i didn't actually Hated her voice or anything , i just thought it was kinda unfitting but anyway , she still sounds calm and pretty , gotta give the girl credit! :p

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Her website has her email , so i did it to settle this down.
I'm glad she returns since i didn't actually Hated her voice or anything , i just thought it was kinda unfitting but anyway , she still sounds calm and pretty , gotta give the girl credit! :p
I had seen yor debate with @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , so....what is her favorite Rosalina voice actor? Does she had any problem with Laura's voice?I think they all sound elegant.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I had seen yor debate with @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , so....what is her favorite Rosalina voice actor? Does she had any problem with Laura's voice?I think they all sound elegant.
Well , he was favoring Laura , while i was Giving Mercedes (her original voice) her place , and also supporting Kerri since she was not a bad voice for Rosalina.
I actually think that Laura needs to improve , but i never said that i hated her voice or that she has a bad voice ... i just simply said that i thought that she was unfitting , more in MK8 to be precise , since i liked her in SM3DWorld .

But anyway , i'm glad she returns so Rosalina has consistency in her voice :)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well , he was favoring Laura , while i was Giving Mercedes (her original voice) her place , and also supporting Kerri since she was not a bad voice for Rosalina.
I actually think that Laura needs to improve , but i never said that i hated her voice or that she has a bad voice ... i just simply said that i thought that she was unfitting , more in MK8 to be precise , since i liked her in SM3DWorld .

But anyway , i'm glad she returns so Rosalina has consistency in her voice :)
Thanks for your confession, but I think this is unnecessary. Laura does need to improve since she is the current voice actor of Rosalina. But Mercedes and Kerri are good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom