• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
But I don't hate any Smash characters. :(

I mean situationally, I hate fighting some of them but that's more to do with online lag than anything.

--------

I don't normally post stuff from 4chan but I read this comment in regards to people (mostly Daisy elitists) being salty about Rosalina's inclusion on the disc/general prominence, and it's too real.

"If Rosalina didn't exist, Daisy would still not be in Smash. She'd also still not be in 3D World. She'd still probably wouldn't be in Super Mario Maker either, since Toadette is undoubtedly a more important character that is featured more prominently and wasn't a costume either. If there was no Rosalina, Yoshi or Bowser would be more likely to take her place on the disc before Daisy. No-one's taking her 'spot', she's still in every spin-off like she's always been. Rosalina's prominence has nothing to do with Daisy and isn't taking anything away from her, because she was never that important anyway.

I mean, most people only ever pick a single character for every Mario spinoff anyway. You're always DK, or Wario, or Yoshi, or Bowser. It's not like Rosalina's inclusion takes anything away, since you're probably using the same character for everything."
So the Daisy fanbase is like the Sonic fanbase, now? Well, don't listen to those fans if its bothering you XD As for the info on the spoiler box, good luck XD If they get more saity, make sure that you brings some fries for their sait.

I didn't say that you hated any characters. What I meant that you(or for others) can use that exercise to cool yourself down from stress or anger, have satisfaction, or have fun because if I need to cool down or I'm bored, then I'll use the hammers on that character or three to break them.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't forget the handicap and level on the cpu that you want to destroy, too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But there is nothing wrong with the Sonic fanbase.

I'm part of the Sonic fanbase. :c

gottagofast :4sonic:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
But there is nothing wrong with the Sonic fanbase.

I'm part of the Sonic fanbase. :c

gottagofast :4sonic:
If you're one of the good Sonic fans, then that's good news. Plus, I don't mean to offend you.
I meant the ones that are bad and scrubby ones who bash on Mario all of the time, give Sonic too much credit, bash on other series, saying stuff and talking trash like "Sonic beats the Dbz series", thinks speed wins fights, and so on. Plus, if you say something bad or have a video where Sonic gets beaten by another character, then they quickly get butthurt about it and rage fast. You'll be surprised by the comments on Youtube.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you're one of the good Sonic fans, then that's good news. Plus, I don't mean to offend you.
I meant the ones that are bad and scrubby ones who bash on Mario all of the time, give Sonic too much credit, bash on other series, saying stuff and talking trash like "Sonic beats the Dbz series", thinks speed wins fights, and so on. Plus, if you say something bad or have a video where Sonic gets beaten by another character, then they quickly get butthurt about it and rage fast. You'll be surprised by the comments on Youtube.
Those are honestly a very extreme minority, dude.

Sonic is more known for being the punching bag of the gaming industry.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Those are honestly a very extreme minority, dude.

Sonic is more known for being the punching bag of the gaming industry.
Unfortunately, it will be a yes; By Sega and the fanbase. Almost like Daisy XD
I used to play the Sonic games until I stop buying and playing more after Sonic heroes. Playing other games and jr high school my friends had to do with it, but once I look at Sonic Unleashed and Generations, it wasn't the same for me anymore so I give up on the series.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
But those are good games.

Those were the games that brought people BACK after giving up after Shadow and '06.
To you. But it wasn't the gameplay(well part of it, but not much) that made me gave up on the series, it was the voice actors(not all of them), the story, their characters' personalies, and how Sega was doing the series. I don't know, I just lost interest in Sonic after looking at Generations and Unleashed since I haven't played a new Sonic game from Sonic heroes.
If you and the other Sonic fans are still keeping your interest in the Sonic series, then good for you and the other fans.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To you. But it wasn't the gameplay(well part of it, but not much) that made me gave up on the series, it was the voice actors(not all of them), the story, their characters' personalies, and how Sega was doing the series. I don't know, I just lost interest in Sonic after looking at Generations and Unleashed since I haven't played a new Sonic game from Sonic heroes.
If you and the other Sonic fans are still keeping your interest in the Sonic series, then good for you and the other fans.
Generations had virtually no story, but Unleashed remains one of the best conceived Sonic stories (though admittedly, the middle of it could have had a bit more to it), and it had a ton of world building. Unleashed was also when the voice actors greatly improved. Griifith's Sonic was really varied in it, Tails actually sounded like a boy, and Mike Pollock's Eggman was and always has been perfection.

Seriously, it feels like a Disney Pixar film.

I'm just confused that, of all things, those are the games that made you lose interest.

Unleashed even made it a viable headcanon to view Sonic as either gender-fluid or transgender.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Generations had virtually no story, but Unleashed remains one of the best conceived Sonic stories (though admittedly, the middle of it could have had a bit more to it), and it had a ton of world building. Unleashed was also when the voice actors greatly improved. Griifith's Sonic was really varied in it, Tails actually sounded like a boy, and Mike Pollock's Eggman was and always has been perfection.

Seriously, it feels like a Disney Pixar film.

I'm just confused that, of all things, those are the games that made you lose interest.

Unleashed even made it a viable headcanon to view Sonic as either gender-fluid or transgender.
Well, Mario and other series like Kirby, Dbz, Bleach, Tony Hawk, and so on are in my head. That's just the way it is, man. Not everyone has the same interest that you got and if you lose interest in something, then boom, its gone. I admit the story with Unleashed was ok, even though I only remember alittle of it after looking at the whole thing, once. The post Sonic like Lost World and Boom made it worst for me in some way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, Mario and other series like Kirby, Dbz, Bleach, Tony Hawk, and so on are in my head. That's just the way it is, man. Not everyone has the same interest that you got and if you lose interest in something, then boom, its gone. I admit the story with Unleashed was ok, even though I only remember alittle of it after looking at the whole thing, once. The post Sonic like Lost World and Boom made it worst for me in some way.
I get that, it's just the way you came across was like "Unleashed and Generations were just too awful and made me quit the franchise", which I found confusing, as they are objectively excellent games (well Unleashed is at least GOOD...), kinda like Mario Galaxy or whatever.

If you simply lost interest for no particular reason then I apologise for prying, I was just curious as you made it sound like Unleashed and Generations were directly the cause, rather than the games that happened to come out around the time you lost interest.

------------

In other news, I'm sure people will find a reason to get pissy about this too (they already sort of are in the live chat):

GameXplain know what sells.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Whenever fanbases are discussed in a topic, and someone says it's the worst fanbase ever, it's almost like saying every fanbase is the worst because people say that for nearly every fanbase all the time. Whether the fanbase stems from something someone doesn't like or it's because of actions made by people from that fanbase, people always seem have something to be mad about so they can label that fanbase as the worst. Of course, best thing to do is ignore those who say those things. So I'll just keep enjoying Sonic and Mario and everything else I enjoy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I get that, it's just the way you came across was like "Unleashed and Generations were just too awful and made me quit the franchise", which I found confusing, as they are objectively excellent games (well Unleashed is at least GOOD...), kinda like Mario Galaxy or whatever.

If you simply lost interest for no particular reason then I apologise for prying, I was just curious as you made it sound like Unleashed and Generations were directly the cause, rather than the games that happened to come out around the time you lost interest.

------------

In other news, I'm sure people will find a reason to get pissy about this too (they already sort of are in the live chat):

I don't get it. Why would people get "pissy" over a livestream?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

------------

Didn't say the games were awful if you think that. The way that Sega does the series just made my interest died out because it kinda cartoonly and they trying to hard on the series. Like for Shadow, he was my favorite Sonic character gave him a horrible voice actor and he doesn't appear in like after Sonic generations or become playable. Same with Amy while Sonic's ok and Tails's voice actor is very good in my opinion.
I check it out maybe for the comments only, but I rather not see more gameplay until I get Ultra Smash. I've stopped looking anymore gameplay after looknig at Rosalina's release.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't get it. Why would people get "pissy" over a livestream?
Because Rosalina haters get pissy over Rosalina being featured prominently in anything, be it official or not.

GameXplain have been noticeably using Rosalina for most of their Mario Tennis thumbnails and they are doing it here for their livestream. They know she's popular (and that people find her tennis outfit real sexy) and are exploiting it, as having Rosalina in the thumbnail draws in more extra views than any other character (I can even admit that I only watched most of their gameplay that featured Rosalina).

I doubt they'll even play as her in the livestream, especially if it's André or Ash playing. It's pretty obvious they are using Rosalina to get extra views.

Rosalina haters get livid about that sort of thing, but I couldn't care less. I mean, it's no secret that Rosalina alone is selling this game for a lot of people. Might as well embrace it. Don't care if that results in people thinking I'm only liking a "milked" character.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I could care less what those crybabies say about Rosalina now being a prominent character in the Mario series, this is quite an amazing dish to serve.

It's no surprise if it's the Daisy fanboys pissing their pants off about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shoutouts to our boy TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher for spreading some of that Rosalina love at the end of that GameXplain stream.

I SAW YOU

I HEARD YOU

And I second the notion ;)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
. If the good anti-Rosalina ones don't like fighting her, then that understandable.
Yep, totally agreed.
I don't like fighting Little Mac or Sheik(especially as Luigi), myself, but at least I'm not whining like those kind of players:p
And not to mention using that hatred of a character to become a troll on the Internet and get yourself infamous and stupid, is totally not worth it.

Still haven't got the time to watch that video.
Shoutouts to our boy TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher for spreading some of that Rosalina love at the end of that GameXplain stream.

I SAW YOU

I HEARD YOU
Really? That's awesome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Throughout my career playing the 3D Sonic titles, I've often found Sonic Heroes to be one of the easier Sonic games made. Most of the missions aren't ridiculously hard (some extra missions can be tricky to A-rank though), and you could actually complete most of the stages without taking "any" damage; even the strongest enemies, the Heavy-Egg Hammers, are just pushovers once you've removed their helmets.

Super Hard Mode does make the game feel much tougher though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Throughout my career playing the 3D Sonic titles, I've often found Sonic Heroes to be one of the easier Sonic games made. Most of the missions aren't ridiculously hard (some extra missions can be tricky to A-rank though), and you could actually complete most of the stages without taking "any" damage; even the strongest enemies, the Heavy-Egg Hammers, are just pushovers once you've removed their helmets.

Is Generations another?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Heroes was one of those games where it felt easier after I beat it. Probably from the order I picked, Team Sonic, Dark, Rose, and Chaotix. Playing the hardest team second made it take quite a while for me to make progress quicker, only having Sonic's story as prior experience. What's stranger is that I got an A rank the first time I beat Team Dark's last mission before the final Eggman boss after simply making it through parts I failed a lot in.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You missed out. So far the last great/awesome Sonic game(Lost Worlds was just good, and Boom...)
We can play those n the Wii U and 3DS. And honest to say, Boom wasn't that good...
I'm now playing LoL though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We can play those n the Wii U and 3DS. And honest to say, Boom wasn't that good...
I'm now playing LoL though.
I know, just wanted to say the truth(for a majority of Sonic fans atleast, there's still opinions)...and let's try to forget about Boom until the next game does good.

LoL...League Of Legends?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I'm already seeing people getting pissy about this.

You want something to be pissy about? Play the hard mode of Gnat Attack in Mario Maker. ;___________;
My neighbors must think I have problems after playing that darn mode for 2 hrs. I like the costume so I'll complete it eventually. I tend to complete games unless the completion rewards are not worth it or too taxing (eg. Undertale Genocide).

But I digress. In the Strikers games, each character has their own musical theme (Luigi has flamenco, Daisy has progressive rock, Waluigi has Bluegrass, Koopa has a rave version of "I like to move it move it", etc.). Assuming Rosalina gets in the next game, what musical style do you think she'll have? I'm thinking a theramin-induced techno or techno-orchestral style reminiscent of Star Trek or older Doctor Who.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My main problem with Sonic Lost World was how hard the main story stages can be. A perfect example of this is Lava Mountain Zone 2, where you're likely to lose a massive amount of lives from its obstacles; that stage contains explosive carts that instantly take out a life, regardless of Sonic's current ring supply. Even trying to find all the Red Star Rings is a massive chore in that game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My main problem with Sonic Lost World was how hard the main story stages can be. A perfect example of this is Lava Mountain Zone 2, where you're likely to lose a massive amount of lives from its obstacles; that stage contains explosive carts that instantly take out a life, regardless of Sonic's current ring supply. Even trying to find all the Red Star Rings is a massive chore in that game.
And the storyline

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My neighbors must think I have problems after playing that darn mode for 2 hrs. I like the costume so I'll complete it eventually. I tend to complete games unless the completion rewards are not worth it or too taxing (eg. Undertale Genocide).

But I digress. In the Strikers games, each character has their own musical theme (Luigi has flamenco, Daisy has progressive rock, Waluigi has Bluegrass, Koopa has a rave version of "I like to move it move it", etc.). Assuming Rosalina gets in the next game, what musical style do you think she'll have? I'm thinking a theramin-induced techno or techno-orchestral style reminiscent of Star Trek or older Doctor Who.
A Rosalina Strikers theme would probably be one of the following:

A sexy bass guitar focused song like this:

Reason being that the cover art for the 3D World soundtrack shows Rosalina playing a bass guitar, so it's basically official that she likes the instrument.

I could also see something really "spacey", like this, but a little more fast paced:

Or something like this, which would be perfect for her honestly, and could still work in a sports game as it's upbeat enough:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I saw the subjects of fanbases being thrown around so I'll just leave one sentence on that:

"generalizations are situational, but usually bad"

On the other hand, I am a Daisy fan over a Rosalina one but I never understood why people get so pissed off about her not getting into stuff... I mean, maybe I'm just not enough of a nintendo fanatic in general that's why I don't get bothered? That's crazy, I loveeee nintendo and the Mario series...I have no idea tbh, maybe I'm just able to understand how popularity works and Rosalina is certainly a character that has an easier time captivating people. She's ambigious/ Mysterious, beautiful, has an actual backstory and a very interesting place in the Mario universe... As Much as I love Daisy, she's just a cool gal who takes no **** and acts boyish and that simply isn't nearly as interesting on a "general public" kind of level.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's why I say "Daisy elitists" when I refer to Daisy fans who are very uppity. Same with other stuff. I know it's not everyone, just a vocal minority.

Daisy is just what I would call a "nothing" character - she has one, basic character trait and it totally defines her, and there's nothing else to her. It also isn't really a unique one (her being "sporty" means jack when everyone else is playing sports, in a sports game...). There's supposed to be a "tomboy" element but that's only informed in bios and stuff and she doesn't seem like much of a tomboy at all in the games, she's just hyper, which I would call girly more than anything. I don't hate her but there is just nothing there for me to like. She's a one-dimensional, minor character that helps fill up rosters for various "Mario ensemble" games. Nintendo probably could do some real cool stuff with her if they wanted and the Mario & Sonic Adventure Tours Mode did some interesting things with her. But current Nintendo isn't interested in adding story elements to Mario. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was even originally going to have more story elements, including having Rosalina be the narrator and have her show up at the end of the game, but that was scrapped.

On the other hand, I could give solid basis for calling Rosalina somewhat of a tomboy as she's been a talented engineer/mechanic/architect since she was a little girl, and in Mario Kart, she favours big, fast, heavy vehicles. She's also always described as tough and powerful, and aside from Mario Party 10 which somewhat failed to represent that side of her properly, she's always been that way in the games. Rosalina's kinda like a nice balance between a tomboy and a feminine character. Which makes her unique, she doesn't fit into any strict archetypes. That's before getting into all of her other stuff that fleshes her out and makes her interesting.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's why I say "Daisy elitists" when I refer to Daisy fans who are very uppity. Same with other stuff. I know it's not everyone, just a vocal minority.

Daisy is just what I would call a "nothing" character - she has one, basic character trait and it totally defines her, and there's nothing else to her. It also isn't really a unique one (her being "sporty" means jack when everyone else is playing sports, in a sports game...). There's supposed to be a "tomboy" element but that's only informed in bios and stuff and she doesn't seem like much of a tomboy at all in the games, she's just hyper, which I would call girly more than anything. I don't hate her but there is just nothing there for me to like. She's a one-dimensional, minor character that helps fill up rosters for various "Mario ensemble" games. Nintendo probably could do some real cool stuff with her if they wanted and the Mario & Sonic Adventure Tours Mode did some interesting things with her. But current Nintendo isn't interested in adding story elements to Mario. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was even originally going to have more story elements, including having Rosalina be the narrator and have her show up at the end of the game, but that was scrapped.

On the other hand, I could give solid basis for calling Rosalina somewhat of a tomboy as she's been a talented engineer/mechanic/architect since she was a little girl, and in Mario Kart, she favours big, fast, heavy vehicles. She's also always described as tough and powerful, and aside from Mario Party 10 which somewhat failed to represent that side of her properly, she's always been that way in the games. Rosalina's kinda like a nice balance between a tomboy and a feminine character. Which makes her unique, she doesn't fit into any strict archetypes. That's before getting into all of her other stuff that fleshes her out and makes her interesting.
The only person to have a full on story needs to be important(Bowser Jr can be debatable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom