• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I would say it's subjective for Mario Party. I personally like MP10. I'm not a huge Mario Party buff, but MP10 is one of the better ones I have seen/played. The mini-games are fun and I don't mind the car mechanic.
My favorite games(or minigames XD) in Mario party 10 will be Jewel drop because it's a fun puzzle game and if I want to cool down from all of the stupid crap that I've gotten from the game, then I go there to keep myself even if I lose by a master cpu. Ocean and the ghost board are the only boards that I like so far and some of the minigames are ok. Yeah, this game is good and while not as good as the old Mario party games(better than MP7, MP8, & MP9), but better to pick up and buy at the store than Super Mario Maker in my opinion. Super Mario Maker just doesn't suit my interest at this point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She already is a main cast member.
I mean a main character on a regular basis, or atleast Bowser Jr. status
Like keep reapearing in Mario related stuff in a regular basis? She already does. The fact that she wasn't cut in Mario Kart 7 , for it's time , says a lot.

Like being relevant to another story in a Main game like in Super Mario Galaxy ? We are yet to see that.

I think it's safe to assume that in many spin off to come , Rosalina will be labeled as the ''Newcomer''.

What truly is a shame is that , her debut Spin Off games recently are set to be the weakest entries of each.

Mario Party 10 and Now Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

But hey , there's always Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Kart Wii to make up for that.
Main Mario series, so yeah like Galaxy. She's been in both Galaxy games, hasn't been in the New series, missed out on 3D Land, and appeared in 3D World.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Lol MP9 being a good Mario Party game.

Im really Sorry but damn xD

both 9 and 10 suck , not only because the car , the main problem is that they get boring easily + they are extremely luck based .

Other Mario Party games require the strategy you would find in an actual board game ; MP9 and MP10 is just gambling with boring dice blocks and that's not fun at all.

On a different note ,

Rosalina blends nicely in a 2005 game , my little edit For MKDS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean a main character on a regular basis, or atleast Bowser Jr. status

Main Mario series, so yeah like Galaxy. She's been in both Galaxy games, hasn't been in the New series, missed out on 3D Land, and appeared in 3D World.
And she is one. She's been appearing in a lot of games.

Rosalina didn't appear in the NSMB series, but Bowser Jr didn't appear in 3D World.

Main cast members don't have to show up for EVERY game (Luigi isn't even in the original version of 64 or Sunshine), but they show up where the developers feel they can contribute something or if they can fit them in somewhere. It's really just what the developers were in the mood for. Like how they originally were gonna put Rosalina in Captain Toad and make the game one of her storybooks, but scrapped the idea and instead made it a prequel to 3D World (they honestly could have done both at the same time which is a little disappointing, but it's not a big deal).

Personally I don't see a need for Rosalina to be in NSMB. I mean it'd be cool if the next NSMB game took the 3D World approach and gave the characters different stats and abilities, and Rosalina could maybe get the spin attack again, but I don't think it'd be too big a deal either way and I don't think they'll do that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And she is one. She's been appearing in a lot of games.

Rosalina didn't appear in the NSMB series, but Bowser Jr didn't appear in 3D World.

Main cast members don't have to show up for EVERY game (Luigi isn't even in the original version of 64 or Sunshine), but they show up where the developers feel they can contribute something or if they can fit them in somewhere. It's really just what the developers were in the mood for. Like how they originally were gonna put Rosalina in Captain Toad and make the game one of her storybooks, but scrapped the idea and instead made it a prequel to 3D World (they honestly could have done both at the same time which is a little disappointing, but it's not a big deal).

Personally I don't see a need for Rosalina to be in NSMB. I mean it'd be cool if the next NSMB game took the 3D World approach and gave the characters different stats and abilities, and Rosalina could maybe get the spin attack again, but I don't think it'd be too big a deal either way and I don't think they'll do that.
I understand what you're saying, but more Rosalina could never hurt any human...though NSMB having stats is a great idea.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well Rosalina definitely won't be playable in NSMB unless they do give the characters different abilities, because Miyamoto has said that the reason they chose two random Toads as the 3rd and 4th players is that he didn't want to make other characters playable without their signature abilities. He gave Peach and Wario as examples, saying that it wouldn't be right to have those two in a platformer where Peach can't float, and Wario can't Shoulder Bash or use farts.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well Rosalina definitely won't be playable in NSMB unless they do give the characters different abilities, because Miyamoto has said that the reason they chose two random Toads as the 3rd and 4th players is that he didn't want to make other characters playable without their signature abilities. He gave Peach and Wario as examples, saying that it wouldn't be right to have those two in a platformer where Peach can't float, and Wario can't Shoulder Bash or use farts.
We could atleast have a Toadette

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just because Rosalina is in Ultra Smash doesn't mean it'll be better than Mario Tennis Open. The game is not even out yet but, as I once mentioned, it doesn't have that much interest to me. As far as I know, there's a chance Ultra Smash will end up just like Open: it'll be full of ****.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just because Rosalina is in Ultra Smash doesn't mean it'll be better than Mario Tennis Open. The game is not even out yet but, as I once mentioned, it doesn't have that much interest to me. As far as I know, there's a chance Ultra Smash will end up just like Open: it'll be full of ****.
Sad but true

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i can already feel the DLC though. At this point , is so obvious there's gonna be , I mean not even Nintendo would be so bold and daring to release a game barebones Without planning more content for it later in time.

The game doesn't even look ''solid'' , it's lacking , plain and simple. Reused artwork from 2005 and whatnot and very limited and bland content? That doesn't look to be the lastest of this game , and if it is then Nintendo is in a lower level than i thought.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My biggest complaint with the most recent Mario spin-offs is the very poor roster balancing. I mean seriously, why are there four Power characters in Ultra Smash, while the other character types only have three reps or less? There are 6 types, and 16 characters in that game, meaning that there's no way to properly balance that roster; 16 is not divisible by 6.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, this problem was present in the other tennis games too (Power Tennis had 2 balanced, 2 defense, 3 tricky, 3 speedy, 4 power, and 4 technique).
Ironically, Mario Power Tennis was the closest to having the most balanced roster in the Mario Tennis series. It just had to have one less Technique and Power character, and one more All-Around and Defense character. Daisy could've been All-Around, while Petey Piranha could've been Defense, but because Petey's normal shots have the tendency to knock back opposing players, that can easily explain why he's a Power character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really think it matters whether or not the classes are perfectly even.

I get why they do it for like, the Mario and Sonic games, because they want to sort of create parallels between the franchises, but for Mario Sports I think they should just make characters be whatever role fits them. Which is why I love that Rosalina is Power. I mean realistically, she could fit any class in the game, but Power is the coolest one for her IMO, and they really emphasise it in her graceful yet powerful animations.

Speaking of which, I really hope Rosalina is a Power character in Rio Olympics, JUST so I can say she's one of the best rugby players in the game. :p

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
If you guys want, hop over to the stage thread to discuss her stages that I finished up for Rosalina. Here's the link http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalinas-stages.422990/

Also, I ran to a picture of Rosalina holding a Luma yesterday. I don't know if you sent it already, but its cute of her holding Luma like that. Plus, the picture is small too, at least maybe not needed to fill in to a spoiler.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
It's unfortunate that Nintendo took such a minimalist approach with Ultra Smash by just rushing it out the door so they have something for the holiday. Rosalina is basically the only diamond in the ruff because she's a newcomer, so this is our only option if we want to play as her in Mario Tennis. Since there's really nothing else to the game, I think the next Direct will take place after its launch, probably early December. I wonder how soon we can expect to see a price drop for Ultra Smash? I dunno. I'm hoping to find a good deal for it, and since I'm broke, Rosalina alone can't be enough for me to get the game full price.
If you guys want, hop over to the stage thread to discuss her stages that I finished up for Rosalina. Here's the link http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalinas-stages.422990/

Also, I ran to a picture of Rosalina holding a Luma yesterday. I don't know if you sent it already, but its cute of her holding Luma like that. Plus, the picture is small too, at least maybe not needed to fill in to a spoiler.
I love everything about this pic. the pure cuteness is too strong with this one. I don't think I can handle much more cuteness.
I- I um... cats... the tiny paws and big head. Cat Toad going derp. It's just... I-um, uh.... *dies*

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Cute

You guys may realized I had been staying silent, not only because there were a weird debate going on. My laptop had a bit of issue last week, it had Internet shown worked, but my laptop's Chrome, IE, updates, anything that needs Internet can't be linked to the Internet. And then I opened task manager to see the Ethernet, it never have any data go up when I load my browser...

After those days I can only use my terrible phone, keyboard always suddenly disappears when I typed. Not mention to goes slowly. Recently my phone even freezes (Because it says my phone's program app fails to react) which cause me need to reopen my phone... now my laptop is in repair and they said my laptop may need to reinstall, I will just say no and never. I'm using my friend's laptop right now.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We'll just have to wait and see how the game does now...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really think it matters whether or not the classes are perfectly even.

I get why they do it for like, the Mario and Sonic games, because they want to sort of create parallels between the franchises, but for Mario Sports I think they should just make characters be whatever role fits them. Which is why I love that Rosalina is Power. I mean realistically, she could fit any class in the game, but Power is the coolest one for her IMO, and they really emphasise it in her graceful yet powerful animations.

Speaking of which, I really hope Rosalina is a Power character in Rio Olympics, JUST so I can say she's one of the best rugby players in the game. :p
I still feel like Rosalina should've been a Tricky type character though; she just looks like a character who would focus more on making strong curves with her shots.

Seeing Rosalina be a Power character just doesn't feel right to me, since Power characters are often depicted to be quite bulky (a trait that Rosalina lacks). Sure, Metal Mario is the exception to the rule, but that is mostly because of his metallic properties boosting his overall power.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Personally it makes me happy that they find Rosalina's outwordly abilities as an excuse to make her physically strong , since it breaks the sterotype of Pretty girls being just focused on a good match and speed. While Daisy is depicted (stats wise and portrayal wise) as stronger than Peach , she isn't that strong ; Then again she is still stronger than Wario in Mario Golf WT.

Rosalina may be the first Heavy and Powerful character i'm playing as in many games , as i would always play as Peach and she focuses on a technical play to make up to her lack of Power , which can be needed at many times.

I remember , Baseball games , Peach is literally the best pitcher in the game but i also needed someone who could make up for that and thrown Home Runs , so Petey Pirahna was my choice ; Same with other games.

The fact that Rosalina , apparently is quick enough makes her look like a decent choice to play as in Mario Tennis as she doesn't really look as slow as Bowser is , wouldn't even make sense if she was.

I think it's perfect she has that little extra power since her other stats always seem to be decent , instead of heavily sacrificing Speed and whatnot ; This is what it looks like at least , in the Tennis game.

Seeing Rosalina like that makes me feel good since she breaks the rule somehow. Pretty girl , but Strong enough and also regarded as ''Heavy''. It's just like her color of choice , she is not stereotypical , even having the Blue Circuit Special all to herself.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As far as female characters go, Rosalina is very well toned. Her thighs are seriously thick especially.

I think the Power role fits her. She can be Mario's Tifa Lockheart. :V

EDIT: ooooh, hot damn

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Personally it makes me happy that they find Rosalina's outwordly abilities as an excuse to make her physically strong , since it breaks the sterotype of Pretty girls being just focused on a good match and speed. While Daisy is depicted (stats wise and portrayal wise) as stronger than Peach , she isn't that strong ; Then again she is still stronger than Wario in Mario Golf WT.

Rosalina may be the first Heavy and Powerful character i'm playing as in many games , as i would always play as Peach and she focuses on a technical play to make up to her lack of Power , which can be needed at many times.

I remember , Baseball games , Peach is literally the best pitcher in the game but i also needed someone who could make up for that and thrown Home Runs , so Petey Pirahna was my choice ; Same with other games.

The fact that Rosalina , apparently is quick enough makes her look like a decent choice to play as in Mario Tennis as she doesn't really look as slow as Bowser is , wouldn't even make sense if she was.

I think it's perfect she has that little extra power since her other stats always seem to be decent , instead of heavily sacrificing Speed and whatnot ; This is what it looks like at least , in the Tennis game.

Seeing Rosalina like that makes me feel good since she breaks the rule somehow. Pretty girl , but Strong enough and also regarded as ''Heavy''. It's just like her color of choice , she is not stereotypical , even having the Blue Circuit Special all to herself.
I may be my first time too to main a Power charcter in Mario tennis Ultra smash if I can get the game on winter season by Christmas time. I already main Luigi and Mario and boo are my secondary characters, but Rosalina will fill the bill to be my main along with Luigi. She might be the lightest power character in the game, I think. Plus, I think Donkey Kong is the best pitcher in the baseball due to being tired less, have more power and alittle more control, but yeah Peach is one of the best out there. I can't wait to try Rosalina out in the tennis and have her as my main. She looks great with the skirt so far.

As far as female characters go, Rosalina is very well toned. Her thighs are seriously thick especially.

I think the Power role fits her. She can be Mario's Tifa Lockheart. :V

EDIT: ooooh, hot damn

Looks like battle armor at most to me, but still, she looks pretty stunning and beautful in that outfit. Not going to lie XD Way better than a male wearing a cosplay of Rosalina.
Females should stick with the cosplay while the men stay away from them because it doesn't look right and makes me shake my head.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^Dex's Rosalina cosplay was a joke, but it's not really fair to say men can't be female characters or vice versa. Especially since some people might be transgender.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
^Dex's Rosalina cosplay was a joke, but it's not really fair to say men can't be female characters or vice versa. Especially since some people might be transgender.
I don't know who Dex is XD Well, I didn't say it was fair nor judging harshly. It just doesn't look right to me and its like seeing a guy in a woman's clothing or female outfit, turning that female character into a man.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Well I'll be damned. If that's not cute or pretty, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know who Dex is XD Well, I didn't say it was fair nor judging harshly. It just doesn't look right to me and its like seeing a guy in a woman's clothing or female outfit, turning that female character into a man.
Eh, a genderbent Rosalina wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if done right. :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I've posted that image before at the old Rosalina Artwork Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom