• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Does anyone know a way tto make dashattack easily in place? I think i did it once and the reason i ask is because if you daswhattack towards the ledge, luma gets further away, and i did it again once to get luma even further away while still in the "close stance" and i think it might be an interestin edgeguardoption.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
little bit of tech I found (dont know if old or not) but when you land from rosalinas UpB, luma is able to attack even though your still in recovery frames. if you angle your UpB properly and get the landing where you slide across the ground you can use this to cover your downtime while still recovering onstage. note that AFAIK though you must land before you're able to input a luma command. so make sure your upB angles are tight cuz if your floating just a bit above the stage your a sitting duck

but this is obviously useful as a recovery mixup because the ledge is a pretty poor place to be in sm4sh so avoiding it when possible is nice.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
little bit of tech I found (dont know if old or not) but when you land from rosalinas UpB, luma is able to attack even though your still in recovery frames. if you angle your UpB properly and get the landing where you slide across the ground you can use this to cover your downtime while still recovering onstage. note that AFAIK though you must land before you're able to input a luma command. so make sure your upB angles are tight cuz if your floating just a bit above the stage your a sitting duck
Actually, you can input Luma commands as soon as Rosalina is in her helpless animation. You don't have to wait until you land.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Though from my experience, he can only do his nair.
Nope, he can do all of them.

Well, except B-Air, I think. For some reason, he always does F-Air when I input B-Air in this state. He does all of the other aerials just fine, though. D-Air is especially useful, of course, as is N-Air.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
What's up guys, I've been in search of a secondary, so I'm going to pick up Rosalina and see what happens.
Would anyone be willing to give me some pointers on the basics? That would be much appreciated.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Is this an old build of the game? Because it turns out that Metal Luma is there.
I'll assume it's an old build for now until the game releases.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think Rosalina's worst aerial is possibly her down aerial, compared to her other aerials and its function. Spiking with that thing can be very tricky if Luma's with you since he'll make the opponent go diagonally in differing directions. Timing is important since hitting too early generally sends them diagonally, and hitting too late barely does anything (and the ring lingers while the hitbox is gone). Positioning is important too since you have to hit them with the center in order to spike. It is by no means a bad aerial, but compared to her other ones it just doesn't seem the best and I don't find myself using it a lot except in teams.

The landing lag isn't the worst (forward aerial probably takes the cake on the most landing lag), and it has its uses for opponents under the stage, but it's the least useful for its intended function, spiking. It's probably that way for balancing the game since it seemed very powerful in her overview trailer in the Smash Direct, spiking Link near the end of the ring's distance, which is pretty insane when you think about it.

Back air and Neutral air are tied for me as best, following Up air, Forward air, and Down air.
What do you guys think are her best aerials?
Really? I think her downaerial is a good is her up aerial, to me is actually the neutral air is the worst, since it feels like she still hits upward.
Is this an old build of the game? Because it turns out that Metal Luma is there.
I'll assume it's an old build for now until the game releases.
I saw the video, Rosalina won the UK National Championship? This is awesome! She conquered both USA and the UK Smashers!
Hmm.....I didn't saw the mtal Luma in the video @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , but I know that the mtal Luma didn't appear in the 3DS version right? Perhaps it only appears on the Wii U version, since only the Wii U has more better texture editing I guess.
Whoo...it has been a while that I am not on this thread. But nice to chat with you all.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hmm.....I didn't saw the mtal Luma in the video, but I know that the mtal Luma didn't appear in the 3DS version right? Perhaps it only appears on the Wii U version, since only the Wii U has more better texture editing I guess.
Whoo...it has been a while that I am not on this thread. But nice to chat with you all.
You can see Metal Luma at 6:45 in the Boxing Ring stage. I set the video to skip there:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Does anyone know a way tto make dashattack easily in place? I think i did it once and the reason i ask is because if you daswhattack towards the ledge, luma gets further away, and i did it again once to get luma even further away while still in the "close stance" and i think it might be an interestin edgeguardoption.
Do a quartercircle input downwards in the direction you want to dash attack (i.e. from right to down) and press A.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Finally, I got 700 coins on Club Nintendo to get that beautiful poster set, tbh, if it was just Rosalina's poster, I would have gotten it anyways. I am so excited to get them!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gotta love seeing Rosie win all of these tournaments.
By they way, where can I find the tournament's whole video? And is it only SBB Wii U? What about the 3ds champion?
I play rosalina nao but only because she's broken af
What are you talking about?
Any character can do that. It's the only way to do an instant dash attack on the 3ds due to lack of cstick.
Well it is much easy to do foraward and up attacks with the circle pad though

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Any character can do that. It's the only way to do an instant dash attack on the 3ds due to lack of cstick.
Yea, but they cant sent out a luma the way she can at ledges by doing a dashattack dashattack towards it, and due to instant dashattack another time (getting both faster control and longer reach for probably really good edgeguards if the opponent goes low).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kinda. Maybe

As long as he has fun
The funny thing is, I chose to use Rosalina, not because of how good she is competitively, but because I really like her in general. And I also like her battle style.

It's just very coincidental that the character that I like to use is also the one who excels very well in competitive play.

The funny thing is, I chose to use Rosalina, not because of how good she is competitively, but because I really like her in general. And I also like her battle style.

It's just very coincidental that the character that I like to use is also the one who excels very well in competitive play.
I was actually planning on maining her with Shulk buuuuuut there were so much characters to choose from

Then after weeks, I found out about Robin but I sucked then I switched to Palutena and I was pretty sure with keeping her BUT... Marth happened so yeah. I still use Rosalina from time to time because she's fun to play

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Everything you said here pretty much sums up about how and why I use Rosalina. By the way, in the video I posted earlier, do you think it was an earlier build of the game? It might be since it had Metal Luma, which is currently not on the 3DS... I wonder if they'll add Metal Luma though... Maybe not since Rosalina and a regular Luma is already pretty powerful.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Metal Luma was probably just a beta element, and was later removed so that the Luma's coloring would be completely aesthetic.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754

It's kinda like that for me too. I generally enjoy puppet characters in fighters, and I like Rosie overall as a character. I had the same thing happen to me with Viola in Soul Calibur 5. She was this super cool magic character in a game where magic wasn't really all that used in combat, so I instantly gravitated towards her. I still played her even when she was banned in France for a time!

But I dunno... Playing a character who I really enjoy, who happens to be a top contender in a competitive circut, is just the bees knees to me :3. Playing Peach in Brawl for so long makes me yearn for a character who isn't totally limited in almost every regard; I can strut my stuff a bit this way.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I wonder why Rosalina is always like :o in almost every single artwork of hers for this game.
It's like how Rose in most of her artwork is doing the same face /puckering her lips.

Must be the name or something

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Welcome to the club. And you were being sarcastic about the "broken" part, right?
Thanks, and not really, this character has Luma Warp and Shooting Star Bit which are like, two of the most absurd custom moves. =P

Oh, also her hitboxes are omq hueg.

It still baffles me that her Jab is allowed to do absurd amounts of damage and kill people. She's got maybe one weakness, and that's how floaty she is.

I'm not dropping my other characters though, but I will be focusing primarily on Rosalina and Bowser.

It's funny, if someone told me half a year ago that I'd main TWO Mario characters, I would have laughed. I hate the Mario series.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Thanks, and not really, this character has Luma Warp and Shooting Star Bit which are like, two of the most absurd custom moves. =P

It still baffles me that her Jab is allowed to do absurd amounts of damage and kill people.
Glorious, isn't it? ¦D

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She's a very strong character.

Hence I am maining her.
Hmm....quite nick to see a pro being a Rosalina main, welcome aboard!
shes basically snake but with a good aerial game tee hee
No she isn't, she is sort of like Ice Climber and Captain Olimar combined to me.

I am quite the same as you, and Rosalina was the only new character that I hope to be in Smash Bros. And with Ice Climbers (my main) not back, I am sure she'll be my main.
I have a possible explanation for this but it might be inappropriate.
Why is that? She is just so beauftiful in many ways. Well....sort of...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

It still baffles me that her Jab is allowed to do absurd amounts of damage and kill people. She's got maybe one weakness, and that's how floaty she is.

I'm not dropping my other characters though, but I will be focusing primarily on Rosalina and Bowser.

It's funny, if someone told me half a year ago that I'd main TWO Mario characters, I would have laughed. I hate the Mario series.
Luma Warp seems situational, but I will agree with how useful Shooting Star Bit is for long range assaults; it makes all the other Star Bit variations look pathetic.

My only problem with Luma Warp is that it can't KO anything (you're basically giving up one of the safest edge-guarding moves that Rosalina has), and the Luma only travels a set distance. But I guess Luma Warp does have its pros against those who have reflecting moves (Ex.: Mario, Fox, Pit, Palutena), since they can't reflect Luma Warp, while Luma Shot can be reflected right back at Rosalina.

Anyway, it seems ironic that you don't like the Mario franchise, and yet you main at least one fighter from that franchise.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
luma warp covers opponents landings extremely well and combos into usmash, you also get instant zone control. Its very powerful.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
luma warp covers opponents landings extremely well and combos into usmash, you also get instant zone control. Its very powerful.
That can probably explain why one would be willing to give up Luma Shot, despite of its ability to edge-guard without putting Rosalina at risk. We'll probably see this excel even better once Smash Wii U is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom