• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 4's Travis Gets Smashified!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The amazing Smash related art project Smashified has created some incredibly cool Smash related art. With a goal of taking those characters that fans of games love and paying "tribute to these characters, regardless of those characters’ ties to Nintendo, their relevance in the modern gaming industry, or the feasibility of their inclusion in Smash Bros." they have created some impressive pictures. They've covered Klonoa, Shovel Knight, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and created the Rayman Leak. This time they covered a very unique character from a very unique game.

Travis is the main protagonist of Mother 4 and is the latest Smashified character. Mother 4 is a fan created project being programmed from scratch intended to be a sequel in the cult-classic Mother series of games. The game will be completely free upon release and be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux users and will not require emulators or ROMs in any way. More information on the game can be found on the Mother 4 website. Check out their time lapsed video and enjoy the creation of this smashing art!

SmashCapps is still dreaming of a Smashified Harry from Teleroboxer... Maybe someday. Until that day comes follow him on Twitter and discuss the character that should be Smashified next.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow! Even fan games are getting recognized.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
These guys can model pretty amazingly. In my utopian dream, Sakurai calls these guys and get'em aboard a future DLC job where we see the first non-official Video Game character to ever appear in a Smash Bros. game. That is our boy Travis from Mother 4.

Oh well. Men can dream.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
My biggest dream request ever for Smash DLC is Travis...

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I just want this guy to be Smashified.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
You think that's a little too much Earthbound representation here?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Eurgh, personally not quite too on-board with this Travis getting in before Touchdown, personally.

Neither will ever happen, but I'd rather Travis Touchdown than what would probably end up as a Ness/Lucas clone. :/
EDIT: Yeah, yeah, I know it's not real; but I can still voice opinions on the idea. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why some people don't like that Travis got Smashified is beyond me, considering he comes from a fan base so dedicated to create their own sequel to their series that will probably never officially continue. You can tell the team loved working on this, because if you've ever played a Mother game everything about Mother 4 is on point with the trilogy in terms of gameplay and humor.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Eh, while I'd personally get the official characters over with before the fan ones(Isaac, Ridley, etc..) if I were Omni, it's just fan art so it doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member

I hope he smashifies Raichu :3. Raichu gets no love... :c.
Yeah, I agree x9000.. I wonder why it gets no recognition.

As for the topic, it's.. okay.. ? I don't know. He should "smashify" my Aspyr character (shown in my avatar, drawn from the sides) if he's going to accept fan requests. :troll:

I'm joking with that.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah, I agree x9000.. I wonder why it gets no recognition.

As for the topic, it's.. okay.. ? I don't know. He should "smashify" my Aspyr character (shown in my avatar, drawn from the sides) if he's going to accept fan requests. :troll:

I'm joking with that.
Alot of reasons. In the anime, Raichus are generally depicted as antagonistic towards Pikachu and can be is rather aggressive and cruel in a specific episode i watched years ago (holding pikachu down against a tree and then sadistically firing a point blank hyper beam.)

Another is because in the games it's generally not any better than pikachu either. Plus in pokemon yellow i believe it was impossible to evolve your pikachu because it didn't want to. Basically alot of negative vibes and appearances have been pinned on Raichu. Which is sad imo.

On topic: Omni did an excellent job again. Im never unimpressed with his work. I hope he continues to do this for a good bit :3. We should start a poll on what he should do next and hope he sees it!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know, I do wonder what would happen if Travis did so happen to receive the most votes in the Smash Ballot. I know that the Mother 4 creators would be more than happy to have him in Smash...
But would Nintendo actually do it...?

Top Bottom