• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Underrated character (from talks you see on this board)

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
I have to go with Yoshi. He is one of my personal better characters. I could easily see pro top tournament level how he would suck but i dont see how he could be the worst. his U-air Usmash, egg toss, Fsmash are all good moves that are pretty quick/powerful with good knockback (except for egg toss of course which is just suppose to rack up damage)

who i your opinion is really underrated?

according to this board from what i have seen the overall consesus for garbage tier are.... Ganondorf, DK, Yoshi

all 3 are some of my better characters to

Xkore

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf, hands down, no questions asked. Extremely deadly character if played right but no one seems to want to give him a chance because people are under the impression that he was nerfed when in fact he got WAY more buffs than nerfs.

aeota

Smash Cadet
Im surprised noone named wario :p Ganondorf is ownage, yoshi has potential, I dont keep track of DK.. but the wario forum is just empty

Artillery

Smash Rookie
I belive that Ness/DK/Ganondorf/Jigglypuff/CFalcon(Despite Nerfs).

I MURDER with ness, have beaten people with DK, chased everybody to the edge and given the airslap with Jiggly, and manage to land 2 perfect knees in less than 10 seconds with Falcon :p So yeah, don't mock till you try O:

Tien2500

Smash Lord
DK. He really hasn't been nerfed in the least and has gotten a few nice buffs (notably super armor on his punch). I don't get all the hate.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not underrating something/someone if it/they deserve to be underrated. I mean, who talks about the joys of rowing across the Atlantic Sea when there's inter-continental flight? It's the same with Yoshi vs. Marth.

Yoshi sucks. Even on a Casual level.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi does not suck on a casual level yuna thats YOUR opinion

Casual=items=hazardous stages=element of luck>how good a character is

seriously he does not suck on casual

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
People flame Yoshi because hes an easy target.
In my opinion, no character sucks, they can all have great potential. In fact, facing a bottom tier character may screw someone up, since they might not be used to facing that particular character.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I've seen several pepole saying Link sucks.
While I'm not going to say he's going to be top tier, or even very close, he did recieve an overall buff from melee, and is a pretty decent character. He has good range, power, and his speed is not that bad (attack speed, running he's pretty slow). The projectiles are way better than in melee. The arrows and boomerang are faster, bombs are more powerful. Overall I'd say link is pretty good.

batsman415

Smash Cadet
I got to say Pokemon Trainer. Hes not mentioned much here, and the people I play with just dont really think hes good. When I choose him I get like 4 guys yelling "GIMMICK" and the one guy in the back saying about time. I actually like that hes underrated, because using him makes me feel kind of unique. And he has been doing great for me online.........

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to say DK, you never really hear of him much. Probably because he's gotten the least change since Melee I think. I was playing him today to get the 75m stage, and got ***** until the last few matches. I think his f-air is still to slow and his neutral B is still too predictible. Other than that, I'd say, outside of the internet community, definatly peach.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
DK is very good, Bum is playing him and will do well with him. I play him also but hes not my main.

I main Fox who is very, VERY underrated, Fox is still going to be top tier.

kr3wman

Smash Master
All the Vets are underrated (Because you compare them to their old counterparts(Cept Marth, who is still godly, in my humble opinion) and all the newcomers are all overrated because you think they fit more into..Brawl.

I dont get it either.

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
It's not underrating something/someone if it/they deserve to be underrated. I mean, who talks about the joys of rowing across the Atlantic Sea when there's inter-continental flight? It's the same with Yoshi vs. Marth.

Yoshi sucks. Even on a Casual level.
news flash were talking about brawl not melee, marth is only half as good as he was in melee
and yoshi owns now, so do ganon and dk

yoshi's way faster, his 2nd jump makes him invincble always, his egg is useful, his Bair is awesome, his Fair doesnt suck, and i swear to god his forward smash got 2x stronger and longer

Dk is hella faster and had some crappier moves made for the better, enough to make him on par with the rest of the roster

ganon is a beast, his "***** slap of death" kills at 20% and can be turned around mid charge, his sideb is the best tech chaser ever, and his air game seems to have gotten better
his moves were also 60% changed to give him more range

Koga

Smash Journeyman
By far and away the most underatted character is wario. He has almost as many answers as Pit. His bike is a really good ground priorty move, if you have problems getting in on the ground just use his bike. He is so nimble in the air, it counteracts the lack of hitstun. With wario you can acctually Fair, float back to avoid their hit, and float back in for a Dair, all in one Short hop! He has kill moves, and good recovery. How isn't wario good?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Yoshi. :(

Also, anyone who says ZSS isn't very good is WRONGGGG.
You speak the truth, I am a ZSS Mainer, and I don't see any ZSS Users at all on Random Wifi, and I just wreck house with her <3 ZSS

Random Wifi Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R63sRQCfzv0
Zero Suit Samus(Me)
Vs Snake Vs Captain Falcon Vs Pikachu
Stage: Cornaria
Winner: Me

Random Wifi Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDa-3KBiYPE
Zero Suit Samus(Me)
Vs Pit vs Pikachu Vs Jigglepuff
Stage: Pokemon Stadium 2

Random Wifi Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcPhwtmhHLE
Zero Suit Samus(Me)
Vs Snake Vs Ike vs Link
Stage: Final Destination

Random Wifi Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LgNUAEvk-c
Zero Suit Samus(Me!)
Vs Bowser Vs R.O.B.
Stage: Spear Piller

Random Wifi Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2_OgLJaOo
Zero Suit Samus(Me!)
Vs Marth Vs Diddy vs Fox
Stage:BattleField

a Few Examples :p
ZSS is a beast when used correctly.

ddrmacintosh

Smash Rookie
I belive that Ness/DK/Ganondorf/Jigglypuff/CFalcon(Despite Nerfs).

I MURDER with ness, have beaten people with DK, chased everybody to the edge and given the airslap with Jiggly, and manage to land 2 perfect knees in less than 10 seconds with Falcon :p So yeah, don't mock till you try O:
Woo! Another Ness fan! I actually have taken a preference to Lucas now.

I would agree with Wario and Jigglypuff

p00pd0g

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who plays Ice Climbers/thinks they're good?

I'm a Samus main in melee...so it's not that I'm a newb picking up a random charterer, they are legitimately good...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Ganondorf
C.Falcon
Pikachu
Zelda
Wario
Jigglypuff

NukeA6

Smash Master
People seem to be looking down at DK. It makes me want to main him once again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here, but so far I can't stand his even more clumsy way of playing. Sure, I've only played Brawl once but DK seems sooo clumsy now. His Bair feels weird, he lacks some of his old range and Gaint Punch is strange as well. And even though the moves are buffed up, I still don't see many uses to DK's forward and down B yet. DK and Mewtwo where my mains in Melee, but so far I'm leaning to Diddy and Ike as my mains...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dont disclude dk cuz hes "weird"

his bair is still amazing...it combos into each other++other moves.

his giant punch now has super armor or w/e and can trade with ANY move and win

his down+b is pretty good now, and his up+b is still annoying

also, his dsmash *****

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
What I've seen, definitely Yoshi. No matter where I go, all I can see is "Yoshi sucks, Yoshi is terrible, Yoshi is garbage" and so on. I don't get it. How can people say he sucks when they're still trying to double jump cancel? Yoshi is totally different this time around. We'll have to wait more before knowing what he's actually capable of.

higgins

Smash Apprentice
i think the ice climbers they are quite fast and give alot of damage and since they have 2 so they last much longer than 1.

Top Bottom