• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Satisfying Kill

HD_Vishion

Smash Cadet
NNID
16LetterUsername
o ya, and I love the charizard/ganondorf vs Cpt Falcon matchup. You might think that slow characters like those would suck against cpt falcon, but, at least coming from an experienced charizard player's perspective, cpt falcon is like, a ragdoll to be ****ed with by Charizards huge hitboxes...

...and then it happens, you knock that lanky little ragdoll off the stage, and you know hes gonna try to come back with that up-B. Go ahead charizard jump of the ledge, and just wait until he inputs the command, cuz you aint havin no trouble gettin back.

And cpt falcon hits it, and initiates the up-b. As soon as you see the weird little curling up and the glitter, you know where hes goin...

...up...

...and right into your in-air down smash.

Idk why, but its super satisfying to down air those little humanoid skinny characters with charizards down air haha.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Landing a misfire on Pit to stage spike him when he tried to gimp was surprising and satisfying for me.

Nanlo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoshi4Lyfe
Reading an air dodge with falcon and hitting them with a knee. And most spikes in the game, my favorite is yoshi's. Doesn't get much better than that imo.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
When you knock everyone offscreen with Fox's Landmaster, especially when you need it.

3 extra KO's, gives a breath of fresh air.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
As Peach, jumping high above the stage to parasol my opponents off-stage, and hear that POW sound effect explosion as they are KO'ed! =D

Some people forget to air-dodge or at least fast-fall the other direction as I'm gunning for them.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
My favorite way is to kill someone early with a meteor spike while they are at early %. SO SATISFYING!

D

Deleted member

Four words.

Dedede's. mother****ing. forward. smash. It's slow and requires good reads to actually hit someone with but oh baby when it connects, you can feel the heave and impact as it smashes somebody onto the other side of the screen. So invigorating.

D

Deleted member

So I was fighting a charizard spamming flare blitz and finally I dodged it and she went flying off the edge.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isnt anyone down air satisfying as a kill?
I guess, but from all the characters with a strong meteor D Air, Diddy is the only character that has an overall far worse time finishing people off than the likes of :4dk::4ganondorf::4falcon::4charizard::4link::4ness: and others. So that's why I feel it's especially satisfying for :4diddy: to land D Air kills, because these kills are at much, MUCH lower %s than anything else Diddy can kill with.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
As Peach, jumping high above the stage to parasol my opponents off-stage, and hear that POW sound effect explosion as they are KO'ed! =D

Some people forget to air-dodge or at least fast-fall the other direction as I'm gunning for them.
Going to expand on this and say any kills right next to the blast zones, especially with hits that have base knockback.

Last edited:

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
With:4shulk:A MALLC combo
With :4sheik: D-air or needles into bouncing fish combo or anything with a bouncing fish lol

Those kills are satisfying but are pretty hard tho

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'd say it's either any kill done by Dr. Tornado, or any kill that is gotten with insanely good timing. (Example: Lucas' Up-Smash on Sonic Mid-Spin Dash, Landing Ganon's up-tilt on a moving opponent, etc.)

Shadow_13

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6916-4604
I'd say it's either any kill done by Dr. Tornado, or any kill that is gotten with insanely good timing. (Example: Lucas' Up-Smash on Sonic Mid-Spin Dash, Landing Ganon's up-tilt on a moving opponent, etc.)
I wouldn't say Sonic's spin dash is hard to time..... but MAN does that Ganon UTilt feel good to get a KO with

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I wouldn't say Sonic's spin dash is hard to time..... but MAN does that Ganon UTilt feel good to get a KO with
Not with most things, it's really easy to grab a Sonic out of a spin dash with Olimar, but with Lucas' up-smash, it's not the easiest thing.

Also, Vision.
Vision is one of the most satisfying kill moves ever.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Bomb-grab kills in Sudden Death.

Surprise Misfires.

Hard read Flame Blasts.

Air Shots.

Dropping off ledges into Wafts.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
:4drmario:'s Up-B when done right. It is so satisfying seeing the opponent flying away after some time of struggle with him/her.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Getting a hard read with a Falcon Punch or a hilted Roy side-smash/Flare Blade. Ness's PKT2 or PK Flash. Lucas' usmash or dsmash. A Ganoncide, Warlock Punch, Ganondorf's utilt or Ganondorf's dair. Landing a Wario Waft or Jigglypuff's Rest. Landing a true Shoryuken at kill percent. Heck, even a K.O. Punch.

Man, so many characters with satisfying kill options.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
I absolutely love landing Mario and Donkey Kong's foward air meteor smashes. Literally a slam dunk.

Also, Ganoncide is really satisfying.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Let me add another one. Any METEOR SMASH attack. It is so satisfying seeing the enemy falling to a premature demise with a bang to the abyss. :denzel:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
When I was edge-guarding with Pikachu and I used Thunder off-stage and my friend got spiked by the cloud into the burst which made him hit the stage and get stage spiked. Felt so good.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
When you STAGE SPIKE without EVER wanting wanting to do it. (Add that at the time, you though that you were on the losing, but somehow turn the 180 on the match)

So awesome and lucky to pull it off. As a matter of fact, even recorded. I'll just have to upload it.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hyped up :4lucario: B-air. It's practically a Smash Attack.

Getting those sweet spot :4megaman: Uppers.

Elwind spikes and Thoron snipes near the edge of the screen.

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
-Successful Tink dair spikes, bonus points for surviving.
-GaW 9 hammers.
-One time I killed a FG Jiggs at 0% because they apparently didn't realise Shield Breaker breaks shields.
-Any offstage Little Mac kills. Again, bonus points for surviving.

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
Any spike, but landing any of DKs many spikes, I watch as my grin expands, much like my d**g.
Kirby's Hammer and Stone
Ganoncide
PK Flash
Doc's Fair
Zelda's Sweetspotted Fair and Bair
Any Captain Falcon Move
And my personal favourite, wall jumping away from someone trying to spike you, and they fastfall to their death, along with their pride. It's even better if you footstool or spike them back on your way up (Believe me, I've done it, and it feels glorious).

Plus one thing that I only did once, but it was very awesome. In a Ness Ditto, while they were doing PK Thunder 2, already hit themselves, I caught them with a PK Fire, and as they were caught in it, i Dair'd them and they just plummeted.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Landing :4myfriends:'s counter against:

-Falcon Punch

-Warlock Punch

-PK Flash (Full-charge, close-range)

-PK Thunder (2)

-Ganon's DAir

-Ike's FSmash (Full-charge)

-Bowser's FSmash

-Farore's Wind Re-appearance

-Anything Little Mac can throw out that kills

Things I still want to counter but have never been given the opportunity:

Lucas' USmash, DK's Giant Punch, Roy's Fully-charged Flare Blade (I hardly find Roy's online, and when I do, they don't use the move ever) Ike's Eruption, and other such powerful moves.

Other methods of destruction I enjoy:

Ganoncide, Aethercide, Link's fully-charged sweet-spotted Spin Attack, Link's meteor smash (that one's a joy), Farore's Wind (The full combination of hits), and the good ol' fashioned Mario cape.

Last edited:

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Punishing a roll, airdodge, dash attack, grab whiff with a pivoted tipper. Going for a short hop aerial wall punish like Diddy's Fair wall is also great to wreck with a tipper. Would not play Marth vs Diddy, but when I do there's a tipper.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I can't believe how many people have set little mac's punch so far :p
It's just so satisfying being behind in a match, finally taking one of there stocks after you are nearly dead on your last and then just bam!!!! Out of here ***** on there last stock with a KO punch.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
A 'read' on any move/position on your opponent without even wanting to. Is just like: "Nice...! I'll take it...!" :dazwa:

Top Bottom