• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Memorable Kills in Smash 4?

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
As Ness, was using PK Thunder to recover, and my sister was trying to gimp me. I hit myself at the wrong angle, shooting myself down and missing the ledge. BUT, I hit her, and she went flying across the opposite end of the stage and died along with me. It wasn't EPIC WIN, but it was hilarious, and sometimes, that's even better.

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
Playing a campy link. He throws a gale boomerang and retreats. I hop over the boomerang, and throw out a well timed flip kick which catches the boomerang on its return journey which takes me all the way across the stage. My kick comes out just in time to meet a link who just short hopped on the edge of the stage. Meteor smash at around 120%.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
My favourite kill would be what I've put as my signature.

Playing as Pikachu, an intense match, in the last 20 seconds I manage to snatch 2 KO's, then finally a 3rd just before the last second with the laser gun. Awesome moment.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was a Charizard ditto match.:4charizard:

I meteored a guy out of Flare Blitz.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I got a 0-death combo on Bowser as Brawler a few hours ago, I'll see if I can get a gif of it.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

This or a game I played on 2v2 For Glory with a friend.

He was Shulk I was Mario, I was keeping track of our scores in my head and we were tied with our opponents, I hate Sudden Death. My teammate Smashed one of our opponents all the way to the right side of the stage (I was near him) then I hear the announcer: "5..." Upon hearing the countdown I run across the stage, jump off and spike the opponent and we win by one :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was none other than the great Thunder Cougar Falcondorf :4ganondorf: pitted against my girlfriend's P-Jiggles:4jigglypuff:.
Last stock, Orbital Gate Omega. I at 72% her at 50%.
I read her trying to slip me up with a run up short hop rest.
I warlock punch.
I eat the rest with the super armor and hard counter with the :4miibrawl:that launched the puff ball across the screen so fast it was little more than a splat on whatever the far edge of the universe looks like.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Playing as Doc against a cpu Robin. Caped his Elwind spike into him, which still caused it to spike. And then two days later the 3DS version patched and my replay became invalid >.<

Alternately, several fun and hype kills against friends, but none quite as amusing as that cape.
A Doc main? Respect.
So I once played this Ness, I got the DThrow -> FTilt -> FTilt -> Jab -> DTilt -> Grab -> DThrow -> Fair. After that manhandling I back aired him off and took his first stock. I took the next one off with a Jab -> Fire Jump Punch combo.
I also once Caped a Villagers bowling ball and his tree in the same match. I could taste the tears from down here in NO.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
A Doc main? Respect.
So I once played this Ness, I got the DThrow -> FTilt -> FTilt -> Jab -> DTilt -> Grab -> DThrow -> Fair. After that manhandling I back aired him off and took his first stock. I took the next one off with a Jab -> Fire Jump Punch combo.
I also once Caped a Villagers bowling ball and his tree in the same match. I could taste the tears from down here in NO.
As much as I'd love to claim to be a Doc main, that hasn't been the case since my early days in Melee. Still one of my favorites, but I'd not call him a main.

Reflecting Villager shots has to be one of the most fun and rage-inducing strategies in the world.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
As much as I'd love to claim to be a Doc main, that hasn't been the case since my early days in Melee. Still one of my favorites, but I'd not call him a main.

Reflecting Villager shots has to be one of the most fun and rage-inducing strategies in the world.
Huh, really? You should pick him back up. He's fun as hell when you can play him right. He's just really damn hard to play right.
And nothing can beat the bliss of a reflected Tree as your victim tries fruitlessly to shield themselves only to have their shield massacred as the fly up and slowly come down. Helpless. Completely at your mercy. Or rather, lack thereof. When you charge up that single attack while all they can do is watch and wait for it to come, and hope that you deliver a quick and painless death. Which you don't deliver. *Evil laughter*

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
It was me as Falcon vs some CPU. He had a little damage, but not a lot. I grabbed him, downthrew, and followed with a nair. The CPU missed the tech, so I did a dtilt. CPU skated away and stood up as I grabbed him again, performed another dthrow, and followed it up with a sweetspotted Knee of Justice. I wish I could post it, but I forgot to save the replay.

I also did a Sacred once. That was pretty sweet.

Mode

Smash Cadet
As Little Mac I used his Jolt Haymaker (side B) to jump off stage and hit a returning opponent on my last stock which killed them as Little Mac fell helpless in slo-mo with "GAME" across the screen. So satisfying!

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I have two extremely memorable kills in smash 4 so far, both are between fights with me and my best friend, and both me using link and him using little mac.

The first was a week after smash was released, I was still getting the use to Links gale rang moving people, the set up was like this. I was at 180%, one hit would do me in and he was at 40 or something, an up hill battle for sure. I back throw him off the stage and he jumps up to do lunge attack to smash me, but I throw a gale rang catches him from behind taking him from one side of the ledge completely across the ring, off the other to his death leading me to be the victor and me losing my sides in laughter.

the Second was last week, again he was off the sides but it was on big battle field this time, we were both at 50% but he had KO punch so I was a little panicky, so testing something on the fly I did an immediate D-air into the stage before he suctioned to the edge causing him to meteor down from the momentum. Again, I won the match but lost my sides.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I had a crazy 8-player match on Palutena's temple against four of my friends. Among them was a chariziard who, sometime in the middle of the match, had survived to 200%. My ROB was over at the left of the bridge, and I saw the chariziard flying up a high as he could all the way up by the platforms to the right of the bridge, I angled and I fired my laser, not expecting to hit him... And I KO'd him from halfway across the map. The hype was real that day.

IntriguedGamer

Smash Cadet
Was playing a Ike player in a smash tourny my friends and I threw together. Last stock, both at kill range. He dashed at me, coming in close to try and land an up smash. I was Link and just threw a bomb in the air when he started to charge me. I dashed at him then did a DACUS. He went flying but not enough to kill, until he hit the bomb I threw into the air and went straight up. It was so amazing. Everyone cheered and he congratulated me on it even. I then told him I just threw the bomb in a random direction so I wouldn't kill myself with it. Still an awesome moment.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Duck Hunt gives me all kinds of fun.

One pointin For Glory I hit a guy with every single can trick I knew as he recovered. I reversed a can from offstage with bair. I uptilted a can on his head as he ledge jumped. I downtilted a can, paused, and then popped it as he thought he could airdodge. I dunno which can did the job, but it was all hee larious.

Also in a tournament last weekend I staged a comeback one match by booting a can in a Diddys face as he vertically recovered onstage. He ran into the can like Wile E. Coyote into a brick wall and plummeted to his final stock.

Granted, I didn't win the set. Still a moral victory.

Last edited:

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Here's one against a guy named "WomboCombo"

And this one by a random pac man (forgot his name)

I've had more risky extreme speed K.Os, but this was my favorite so far

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
On launch day, using my last stock as Falcon to take out the big threat of this (with online friends) match, using a reverse Falcon punch off the stage, hitting the opponent and stage spiking him, taking us both into the abyss.
Too bad that replay's gone now, but it will live on forever in my memory.
Aside from that, uhh...that 0-death I got with Luigi was cool. DThrow to Fair(x2) to DThrow to Fair to Dair. DK didn't know what hit him.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I spiked a G&W with Falco once. Thing was, he was at pretty low percent, so he managed to trampoline himself back up a bit, only to slowly parachute to his death. So satisfying.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
ive had a couple jiggly side b - uair - rest

ive had also dthrow - uair - knee as falcon

some weird pika thunder spikes

bowser jr fair offstage, fair, kart fair and returned to stage (killed at 50%)

dropped a few trees as villager to kill recovering foes

rosalina gimps

a lot of MK bair edge guards/stagespikes... also uair uair uair upb early kill as MK

ledge release counter jump and spike as shulk with jump monado

some ness pkt shenanigans

killed samus (heavy) on FD with raptor boost (final damage was 76%) not sure if it was a glitch or the longer it travels the stronger it gets

Last edited:

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
I really like it when stuff like this happens.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I got a successful meteor smash with Rosalina. It's not very easy to do, especially if Luma is in play. Stage spikes are also fun to do.

IncomingGhost

Smash Cadet
I was against a sonic online as ganon. He kept comboing me and I couldn't respond because I was ganon, and he got me to 140% while he was still at 50 something. He used his side b into an uair to knock me up, and then used up b to get right under me for another uair to kill when I down b'd, hitting him and sending him up and off the screen

BATMN

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pigcookies
3DS FC
1392-5020-4546
I once did the sacred combo against my friend. We were freaking out XD

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
Every FAir I've connected with Mario. There's something SO satisfying about landing it and watching the opponent plummet to their doom.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure I have had better KOs, but my favourite would be when I was playing someone in For Glory who was starting to annoy me with spamming moves. He picked Charizard and I was Palutena. We were both on our last stock with quite a bit of damage. I retreated to one side of the stage, and just for the heck of it, did the pole dance taunt. He shot at me with Flare Blitz and I had just enough time to spot dodge and cause him to miss and get a SD.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
My favorite win was against a Ganon while I was Peach. I was edgeguarding throwing turnips and I go off the ledge thinking I can stage tech him. He gets me with his side b and I lose all hope in winning.
But one of those turnips I threw earlier came down and landed on him as he was throwing me to the blast zone. It broke me free and then I footstool him and I won.

I couldnt stop laughing. I saved the reply but with the new update its gone :(

Top Bottom