• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Intelligent Charater in brawl *Update 2!* SAKI IS A BOY!

Veggi

Smash Champion
Like Bowser, he is constantly outsmarted by Mario. He is also incapable of speech.
I don't remember Mario ever outsmarting Donkey Kong. He's torn down a construction building Cranky Kong was standing on, but not DK. Also how do you know DK can't talk? Maybe you've never seen him talking, yet he has alot of friends and Cranky Kong talks to him all the time, proving that he understands speech. Even if he can't talk, he can understand it when other people talk, so he would be no less smart than anyone else.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Seems most people don't realize how intelligent Olimar is. His career as a delivery man was meant to be similiar to Mario's plumber situation. Don't people know about the Mario-Olimar connections? Sad. Regardless, Olimar is extremely intelligent. Not only can you see it in his notes and evaluations, but his first game practically proves how resourceful and intelligent he is.

People are underestimating the R.O.B.s too. They did build the Trophy Cannons and Subspace bombs after all. > > I'd love to see Snake or Samus pull that off. In fact, the R.O.B.'s are pretty much responsible for all the insane technological accomplishments in Brawl. An ancient socity of super-intelligent beings forever watching the world below?

Also, people really don't give Zelda and Link enough credit. What fool uses a game's style (silent heroes) as an indication of intelligence? By that logic, plenty of smart characters are in fact 'RETuRDZ'.
-Sigh- Some people just don't use their heads.
You win. Thank you for actually realizing how smart Olimar is (and realizing the connention between him and Mario.)

Your ROB evidence is relevant, but this is only seen in Brawl. It really depends on if we're talking about Brawl ROBs or ROBs. ROBs are just toys that react to infrared rays, not even robots. Just light sensors.

Brawl ROBs, however, are actually robots, living in an ancient society. They are intelligent, unlike their toy counterparts.

Zelda and Link are smart indeed. Do you think someone like Jigglypuff would be able to solve all of the puzzles and create boss-defeating strategies like Link? Being a silent hero means nothing; as said, Olimar is a scientist and the only things he says in Pikmin (2) is a deformed, low-pitched "Olimar!" when you switch to him.
Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. Discussion ended. Despite not being stupid, I'm not sure if they'd be classified as the smartest.

I don't remember Mario ever outsmarting Donkey Kong. He's torn down a construction building Cranky Kong was standing on, but not DK. Also how do you know DK can't talk? Maybe you've never seen him talking, yet he has alot of friends and Cranky Kong talks to him all the time, proving that he understands speech. Even if he can't talk, he can understand it when other people talk, so he would be no less smart than anyone else.
But that would still only make DK of average intelligence. So he wouldn't be mentioned in this list.

Veggi

Smash Champion
You win. Thank you for actually realizing how smart Olimar is (and realizing the connention between him and Mario.)

Your ROB evidence is relevant, but this is only seen in Brawl. It really depends on if we're talking about Brawl ROBs or ROBs. ROBs are just toys that react to infrared rays, not even robots. Just light sensors.

Brawl ROBs, however, are actually robots, living in an ancient society. They are intelligent, unlike their toy counterparts.

Zelda and Link are smart indeed. Do you think someone like Jigglypuff would be able to solve all of the puzzles and create boss-defeating strategies like Link? Being a silent hero means nothing; as said, Olimar is a scientist and the only things he says in Pikmin (2) is a deformed, low-pitched "Olimar!" when you switch to him.
Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. Discussion ended. Despite not being stupid, I'm not sure if they'd be classified as the smartest.

But that would still only make DK of average intelligence. So he wouldn't be mentioned in this list.
He might not be the most smart, but people are putting him way too low.

Iris

Smash Ace
Zelda's been the head ruler only a few times, usually there's a King. Also, anyone who says she isn't knowledgeable and clever is wrong and/or biased. Imagine Link trying to save Hyrule without Zelda constantly supplying information. Not to mention she evaded a criminal/demon/powerful badman for 7 years with a disguise (which I suppose says a lot about Ganondorf too). Plus, she knows martial arts, magic, archery, has precognition, and is a pretty competent pirate and ruler (okay, so she couldn't kick Zant's ***, what would be the better option, sacrificing her country?).

And how does wisdom not directly affect intelligence? A wise decision's usually the right decision.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
You know, I don't know how smart Mewtwo really is. Sure, he can bend space and time with his mind, but have you ever seen him do something intelligent? I sure haven't. He's a badass, and his mind is powerful for breaking stuff and moving things, but maybe not so much for thinking.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Just two things...

1. How is a character who's a trophy only the smartest character in Brawl? Mewtwo's smart...but when he's made into an inanimate object he kinda loses a few IQ points wouldn't you say?

2. I hope calling Saki "some chick" was just a joke about how he looks girly, Saki is a guy XD

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
Just two things...

1. How is a character who's a trophy only the smartest character in Brawl? Mewtwo's smart...but when he's made into an inanimate object he kinda loses a few IQ points wouldn't you say?

2. I hope calling Saki "some chick" was just a joke about how he looks girly, Saki is a guy XD
Mewtwo's stupid really.

I bet you fifty bucks he couldn't make a sandwich.

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
Just two things...

Saki, is the girl assist trophy with the gun. Learn.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Lucas lays out a cigarette a few feet in front of his hidden body.
He also lays a shiny baseball bat, a few feet away from him, and the cigarette.
Snake comes along.
He picks up the cigarette.....
He got PkFired.
Lucas drags his body out of sight, and waits.
Ness comes by, picks up the bat.
Looks around, and gets PkFired as well.
BUT!
Nees is lv 100, so he doesn't go down that easily.
He gets up, and gets his PP absorbed.
And then gets PKfrozen.

I do believe that's game.

But, then again, Wolf does a bombing run and they all die.
Let me correct this. Lucas sees Snake hiding, runs like a *****, and the star furries all have buttsecks. Seriously, Fox and Falco aren't that smart. Slippy makes all of their equipment and does most of the thinking for them.
(Top 3 are debatable and can go in any order. Snake, Samus, and Olimar are all very smart.)
1. Snake
2. Samus
3. Olimar
4. Wario
5. R.O.B.
That's a reasonable list.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why ppl think that Zelda designed a castle.
She is a PRINCESS, not a queen.

And castles last for HUNDREDS of years.
Her castle was probably built long before she was born.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Saki's a girl? i never knew that!

i thought (s)he was a guy!

before we knew about the two's charatericstics, we sometimes mixed up saki and issac

P.S Saki isnt that great of an assit trophy

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Saki, is the girl assist trophy with the gun. Learn.
sakurai said:
Saki stands on solid ground!

He uses his weapon, the Cannon Sword, which combines a sword and a gun into one to slice and shoot!

He cuts repeatedly without mercy!

And shows off his magnificent jump!

As with the original title, he speaks in English.

He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!

H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!
10genderconfusions

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
On the topic of Peach...

It depends whether you consider Peach and Paper Peach to be totally different characters...because normal Peach usually seems to be rather stupid to the point of idiocy. Paper Peach on the other hand, has shown herself to be fairly intelligent and also badass when the occasion calls.

But I think Snake is the most intelligent character in Brawl. Or at least the only one with an IQ to back it up.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Urk. Since when does knowing how to build stuff have to do with IQ?

***UPDATE****

I have made 2 catagories, one is EVERY PLAYABLE SMASH CHARACTER EVER, and the other one is ASSIST TROPHY's. In the end you will find the most smartest character in the game and the dumbest.

The 10 Top Smartest

1. Mewtwo (He was a pokemon cloned to be the strongest ever, but he gained FULL knowledge as well, and even though at first he did not know his knowledge. You can tell now that he does.) Not in Brawl. If he was, I suppose he would be.... But they never say how smart he really is in-game.

2. Snake (Imagine a smart human in *This Present Day Time* he may not have a spaceship but his IQ is high, and he overplans enimies.) 'He may not have a spaceship,' wtf? How does-- Ugh, never mind. Anyways, yeah, he's #1 in Brawl, 2 if you count M2.

3. Olimar (WTF? Well unlike these other Hero's, Olimar takes studies and works a high job in his life, he even BUILDS back his own spaceship after a crash landing.) Actually, his ship rebuilds itself. And his job is basically an intergallactic truck driver. He may be smart, but not in the top 5.

4. Samus (Yep shes one of those girls that go around doing what she wants, and with 1,00o posts under this about her read their.) When has Samus ever demonstrated any cunning? Most of her problem solving involves blowing the brains out of aliens. Oh, and KNOWING HOW TO DRIVE A SPACESHIP DOESN'T MEAN SOMEONE IS REALLY SMART! ANYONE CAN LEARN HOW TO! Probably, seeing as how there are no real space ships (well, of Brawler's technology).

5. Mario (Mario is the same person, so no Dr. Mario is different and well he has done so much that he is smart. If doing alot of stuff makes one smart, Game & Watch is a freakin' Einstein. I don't see how Mario is that smart, really...

6. Starfox people (all of them are here for the same reason) I really don't know enough about Star Fox to judge them.

7. Meta-Knight (He DID NOT build his ship on his own, if you played super star youll see all of his comrads, but he Desined it.) He seems to be smart.

8. Wario (apperently he builds Einstein equipment within seconds, than acts like a ******. He is Very smart, but -85 percent wise.) NO. Please tell me this is a joke. What has Wario made, may I ask?

9. Ness (Defeated a the greatest evil with his mind, "something that was based off a horror **** scene) Paula beat Giygas, not Ness...

10. Kind Dedede (Build his hammer and stuff) DeDeDe is a screaming moron, just play any Kirby game.

The top 5 Stupidest

1. G&W (Simlple Sprite) He still is skilled in many things, so...

2. R.O.B (Artificul Intelligence) Robots are smart.

3. Jiggly Puff (No, Just No) Why? Well, I guess this fits.

4. Peach (kidnapped by the same person THOUSANDS OF TIMES) Peach is a total flake.

5. Yoshi (A SMART DiNO) Yoshi? The dumbest? Please. What about Ivysaur a plant-dino? Or the Ice Climbers, who obviously are based on down-syndrome kids?
My 50 cents. Oh, and I think that Saki's trophy called it a 'he,' so...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Fox should really be higher. He's a tactician and a pilot. He's also shown himself to be good at problem solving on foot and would probably be up there with Snake when it comes to military brain. Although Fox is a bit less calculative than Snake, but he does have the advantage of being a fox, which are known for their cunning and intelligence.

As for Samus: she researches alien stuff with her scanner. I'll bet she has tons of riveting trivia to share at parties.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
saki is a man

Ganondorf IS the giant pig beast, he was trapped (or took over) the human form of Ganondorf, his real name is Ganon and he has been a pig beast in every game except the newer 3D ones.

who would build a castle where even the bathroom is only acessable by hookshot, haven't they heard of stairs, and why hasn't zelda done anything about this.

De De De is a king, he oviously did not build his hammer, he probably said "I WANNA JET HAMMAH!" and his minions did it for him

Yoshis are dumb, but at least they had the ability to protect baby mario/luigi, more intellegence than a pokemon (most)

Psychics have psychic attacks, that does not necessarily reflect on their intelligence, just the power of their brains. But some, like mewtwo, had psychic powers and from that mental capability gained an intelligence far greater than expected. Jeff was smarter than ness for example.

the space animals are the same intelligence of humans, slippy is smarter than the others, cause he actually builds the others' equipment, while the others have pilot knowledge and use his equipment

mario is definitely Dr. Mario

metaknight designed his own ship, and most definably helped build it, even if he does have his own army. he can wield a golden hammer in one hand almost like it's nothing. and he had to make his ship multiple times, the original, the remake after the superstar one was destroyed, and probably another to replace the old one.

olimar cataloged every micro organism on planet earth (or wherever the heck he landed) that he ever saw, seems pretty Darwin-ish to me, and i doubt his ship was built to absorb random mechanical equipment after it gets almost completely destoyed, the scenes where his ship does this was probably because the animators were too lazy to show him building his ship again, oh and he knows everything in his ship, being also a astronaut and an engineer, he was just sent on a delivery mission that went haywire.

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
Every one keeps leaving Link/ToonLink and Zelda in the dust, (T)Link have gone through so many dungeons and puzzles your mind will explode if you even TRY to do them all without getting confused for the least bit on your own. Also they have mastered Arrows, Bombs, Bow&Arrows, Swords and many more.

Zelda is smart for 1:she has the triforce of WISDOM, 2:she supplies link/toonlink with info in almost all of the LOZ games. She has an alter ego and managed to survive 7 years on her own (yes im a HUGE LOZ fan..).

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I say replace one of the Assist Trophies with Knuckle Joe, He is incredibly intelligent, he plans ahead, and knows when to give in, plus he always goes for a weak spot rather than blind punchs, plus He built a shaceship from scratch on his own to help Kirby fight against an entity of nightmares.

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
Psychics have psychic attacks, that does not necessarily reflect on their intelligence, just the power of their brains. But some, like mewtwo, had psychic powers and from that mental capability gained an intelligence far greater than expected. Jeff was smarter than ness for example.
You know NOTHING about pokemon do you? Read the pokedex entries on psychics. They have incredibly high IQ. And in the original mystery dungeon the exact words said are that Alakasam has over 10,000 IQ.
metaknight designed his own ship, and most definably helped build it, even if he does have his own army. he can wield a golden hammer in one hand almost like it's nothing. and he had to make his ship multiple times, the original, the remake after the superstar one was destroyed, and probably another to replace the old one.
look up 3 posts.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Why does everyone say that zelda is smart merely on the fact that she contains a powerful artifact in her NAMED the triforce of wisdom, that's like giving nicknames to kids, "ummm that kid with the sword and menacing face will be nicknamed courage, that lady in the dress with that magic coming out of her, wisdom, and that ugly leprechaun, power. the triforce were given to them because it was their "Destiny" as in it was given tothem based on their traits they already had, the triforce just gave each of them more power.

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
Why does everyone say that zelda is smart merely on the fact that she contains a powerful artifact in her NAMED the triforce of wisdom, that's like giving nicknames to kids, "ummm that kid with the sword and menacing face will be nicknamed courage, that lady in the dress with that magic coming out of her, wisdom, and that ugly leprechaun, power. the triforce were given to them because it was their "Destiny" as in it was given tothem based on their traits they already had, the triforce just gave each of them more power.
You just undid yourself. You said that they were chosen because of their traits. If Zelda was chosen for wisdom, you yourself just said, because she is wise. If Snake and Mewtwo are so smart why aren't they chosen? And don't base it on timelines. Destiny takes over all timelines in theory.

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
Link is kind of smart. Like right when he pick up his hero's bow for the first time he has almost perfect acceracy. Also in ocarina of time, when he gets the ocarina of time, he can play a whole song after 1 practice.

Also, Saki's a boy. Check the Dojo.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
You know NOTHING about pokemon do you? Read the pokedex entries on psychics. They have incredibly high IQ. And in the original mystery dungeon the exact words said are that Alakasam has over 10,000 IQ.

look up 3 posts.
10,000 seems a bit outrageous don't ya think, if they were psychics, they could just read the minds of anyone giving questions and tests, to get the answer or another way they could cheat is by looking into the future where the problem is already solved.

yes he has an army, but that's it, nothing else is said about the meta-knights or the metaknight army, in any of the kirby games, so it's impossible to say that it is fact his knights built it, especially since metaknight was about 1,000 times stronger than his knights. also kirby thought the squeak squad game's chest contained his food, while the mice thought it contained a treasure, he was the only one who knew that the chest actually contained a evil that would be unleashed if opened, he is the only smart person from his universe, and the Mech, multiple ships, and combo cannons are enough to prove his intelligence, he also most likely designed De De De's hammer since he is almost always loyal to De De De, except when De De De is doing something stupid or unsportsmanlike

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
You just undid yourself. You said that they were chosen because of their traits. If Zelda was chosen for wisdom, you yourself just said, because she is wise. If Snake and Mewtwo are so smart why aren't they chosen? And don't base it on timelines. Destiny takes over all timelines in theory.
TWO WORDS: DIFFERENT UNIVERSES
(snake and mewtwo do not live in the world of Hyrule)

(also wisdom =/= intelligence, I seriously doubt zelda would have a High IQ compared to most)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
mew is very understanding of many things, but is more on kirby's level, kirby is strong but completely innocent

Lucario can understand humans and some can talk a bit, very smart for a pokemon

also, alakazam's IQ is 5,000, still unlikely given the fact the IQ scale is generally up to about 150. and he is psychic, meaning all types of cheating

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
not familiar with metalgear, so i won't say snake... but i won't NOT say snake.

samus definitely is up there!! i mean, she IS much farther in the future than snake, and at least in the metroid prime games she gets a LOT of info scanning things :p (oh and saki is a boy, not a chick...)

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
oh and if mewtwo were "so smart" he wouldn't have sucked so much in melee, and he wouldn't have gotten himself removed for brawl :p

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Yeah snake is the smartest, assits tropheys jeff is the smartest, and ness should be higher up cause ya know his power comes from his mind so yeah....

Top Bottom