• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most effective way to aerial in the context of SHFFL'ing?

VoidedSmash

Smash Rookie
I know there are several methods to aerialing:
  • hop and c stick
  • hop and z/a button + direction
While each end up with the same result, which one do you find is best for moving into a fast fall and L cancel? As far as I can tell:
  • c sticking allows you to maintain your momentum, but requires you to move your left thumb to it from the y button (assuming you don't use the movement stick for jumping)
  • z buttoning doesn't require you to move any fingers, but requires the movement stick
  • a buttoning is the same, but requires you to move you thumb AND the movement stick
I would argue that c sticking is the best but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Once you become proficient at it, the C-Stick is optimal in most situations. Like you said, it allows you to maintain your momentum, and allows you to to drift in a direction opposite the move you're throwing out (like fadeaway fairs). You'll find that you have a lot more control over your character, and it's a lot easier to micromanage your spacing when your attacks aren't forcing you to drift in unintended directions. It is a bit tough at first, but with practice you can be just as fast on the C-Stick as you can using A.

Top Bottom