• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most "disrespected" character?

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Im talking about "disrespected" as in no one uses him anymore or they just lost interest due to there playstyle, for me, its Charizard, he still has potential, but theres a lot of things wrong with him, check out his bair landing lag... Shulk's bair does more damage than that but doesn't has lag like that... Not to mention Charizard was hyped so much on the Greninja reveal trailer, but now everyone really doesn't care anymore, but by disrespected, this is just your opinion and your only result for yourself, so there shouldn't be any talking crap about another character of someones that they use, because its their opinion and reason why.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Charizard is one of my secondaries in Smash 4, and I can agree that not many people respect him or play him that much.

I also think Falco has been heavily disrespected for the amount of changes he received.

Last edited:

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
Also Zard's head is over the ledge when he grabs it. You can kick shoot, whatever you want to him. But I think the character no one plays is clearly Meta Knight. (Gannon gets a lot of play. He's not great against Rock though xD.)

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Also Zard's head is over the ledge when he grabs it. You can kick shoot, whatever you want to him. But I think the character no one plays is clearly Meta Knight. (Gannon gets a lot of play. He's not great against Rock though xD.)
Meta Knight is actually better than Charizard, sure he has a lot of lag, but his tornado does over 22% if you mash the button a lot in one mach tornado, not to mention he has a lot of killing options(imo)

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
And I've also seen Meta Knight a heck of a lot more than I've seen the good ol' Zard.
Yea, Meta Knight is actually pretty good and deadly, but a Meta Knight against a Sonic, yeah its just not happening for MK to win. One combo from Sonic can bring almost anyone up to over 20%+ and that combo is, spindash(down-b, not side-b) then uair, basically like what every sonic user does.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
:4metaknight: - After his huge nerf from Brawl, many people overreacted to how badly nerfed he was, and decided there was no use in picking him him up.

:4bowserjr: - Wasn't this guy supposed to be one of the best characters in the roster during the game's early release? Then all of a sudden, people dropped him. I never ever see anybody playing the Koopas, which is a shame as they're an interesting character to play against.

:4bowser: - Again, Bowser was expected to be one of the best characters in the roster. Less and less people played him in tournaments and he eventually faded away. He's still played of course, but I think the stigma concerning fast and agile characters being superior to heavies has really effected him.

:4greninja: - Although still seen around the competitive scene, I know that a lot of people dropped him in general due to his Up Smash nerf.

:4duckhunt: - Another hyped character around the game's early release. I can't remember the last time I fought one of these. DHD is just another one of those characters that eventually faded away into oblivion.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
:4bowserjr: - Wasn't this guy supposed to be one of the best characters in the roster during the game's early release? Then all of a sudden, people dropped him. I never ever see anybody playing the Koopas, which is a shame as they're an interesting character to play against.
I definitely agree that Bowjow and the Koopalings are highly underrated and disrespected.

Oh well, I honestly like when the characters I love playing are underrated and not played as much. :4iggy:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I will say :4marth:, most people say he suck now and drop him and the same goes for:4littlemac:.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
I will say :4marth:, most people say he suck now and drop him and the same goes for:4littlemac:.
:4marth: is :4marth: is always good no matter what kind of nerfs hit him. :4littlemac: will "[...] get no sympathy from me." as :4myfriends: would say, I mostly just see people flail around with him and fail at recovering after a backthrow off the edge.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I actually see :4littlemac: all the time. It's just too bad they all just dash attack and do the dash forward -> roll back spam.

Icebound

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-2557-8575
I actually see :4littlemac: all the time. It's just too bad they all just dash attack and do the dash forward -> roll back spam.
To be fair, sprint + rolling backward spamming is a very effective strategy. It plays lots of mind games with the opponent. It's probably the most effective way to play him. Too often people just spam dash attack and smash attacks, which can result in him losing a stock in seconds.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
To be fair, sprint + rolling backward spamming is a very effective strategy. It plays lots of mind games with the opponent. It's probably the most effective way to play him. Too often people just spam dash attack and smash attacks, which can result in him losing a stock in seconds.
Doing it 24/7 is very irritating. At least throw some variety in instead of abusing the best roll in the game, with rolls being too good as is.

Icebound

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-2557-8575
Doing it 24/7 is very irritating. At least throw some variety in instead of abusing the best roll in the game, with rolls being too good as is.
Yeah it's extremely irritating but he needs a lot of ground game to make up for his lack of air game and gimpability.

Also the lag online exacerbates the rolling problem horribly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hardly do any online matches, but what I do know is that I'm not too fond of Robin, Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man. They're all quite tricky for me to use properly.

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
Little Mac is still used a lot, too much considering how people have figured him out pretty well already. He also seems to be considered the biggest newbie characte, which, well, I think is kinda true. Fox seems to have a pretty good player base but Falco's is lacking, and spacies will always get disrespected by some because of how good they are in Melee (without them realizing how hard it is to use them at their best).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that online isn't very friendly with Rosalina whenever lag occurs, but it's a whole new ballgame when you're facing her locally.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac is still used a lot, too much considering how people have figured him out pretty well already. He also seems to be considered the biggest newbie characte, which, well, I think is kinda true. Fox seems to have a pretty good player base but Falco's is lacking, and spacies will always get disrespected by some because of how good they are in Melee (without them realizing how hard it is to use them at their best).
Falco got nerfed to hell dude, RIP

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Duck Hunt Duo is so disrespected, scrubs call him a spam/camp character with no regard to other character who have better projectile game and have been in the series for longer, while pros are neglecting his uses in favour of easier to use characters.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
:4falco: is disrespected. Too many people think he is bad because he can't laser constantly, chain grab, and that he is not melee Falco. He has great aerials and a good ground game with a decent amount of killing moves and spikes even his lasers can kill. Keitaro showed in The Final Battle that occurred yesterday that he is a good character at least mid. He is my secondary at the moment unless by some miracle :wolf: gets brought back so seeing him so disrespected annoys me.

Khao

Smash Lord
Gotta agree with Marth being pretty "disrespected." A lot of people seem to say he's pretty much useless now, but this is actually the game that made me main him for the first time in the series.

isalegend

Smash Rookie
I agree with Marth being disrespected, a lot of people I talked to about him specifically seemed to say that he's pretty bad, even compared to Lucina. Marth definately has more KO potential with how easy it is to get a tipper in Sm4sh though.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Marth definitely has more KO potential with how easy it is to get a tipper in Sm4sh though.
For me, Marth's Sm4sh tipper(s) are the most difficult to land.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
For me it's :4tlink:.

I read quite a bit of hate on this guy for being just a projectile spamming and campy scrub to an even greater extent than regular Link, who at least got pretty buffed to attract more users.

That and I barely see him anywhere online, locally, and in tournament videos. The one or two I eventually DID find just happen to fit in the aforementioned archetype.

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Falco got nerfed to hell dude, RIP
I may not have played his earlier incarnations, but I don't think Falco is THAT bad in this game.

His dair is a steaming pile of lag, tho, which needs to be patched somehow.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
zelda...I mean cmon she has been disrespected competitively, casually, and continuously through the series. Almost to a point where her existence is forgotten.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4jigglypuff:- Wall of Pain is back. Attention: Wall of Pain. Is back. Side B is also an awesome move, and she has been buffed SO much from Brawl I wonder where all the Puff players went.

:4marth:- Expected more dedication from his fanbase. He feels somewhat slower, but F Air is still an above average move. Just gotta be a lot more patient with him. Side B is also still awesome, and his sword is still long. Much better than :4lucina: at the very least (also not as boring to play as).

:4samus:- Such buffs. Such beauty.

:4robinm:- While I don't think he's Top 10 or anything, I think Robin is an extremely solid character. Thoron doesn't joke around!

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Wario.

He was popular back in Brawl, but now he's almost never used competitively, despite the fact that most pros seem to think he's still an easy high tier candidate.

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I think :4diddy:is REALLY underrated. I hardly ever see him in competitive play.

In all seriousness, I feel that :4villager:doesn't get enough love. He has GREAT recovery options, amazing spacing with fair and bair, and drops trees and bowling balls on people's heads. :awesome:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
:4darkpit: is really disrespected these days. Everyone seems to prefer regular :4pit:.

:4zelda: has potential, but her Melee and Brawl appearances have turned many people off.

:4rob: seems to be hated just for being here.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think :4diddy:is REALLY underrated. I hardly ever see him in competitive play.
Please tell me you're trolling or you forgot the Kappa

:4darkpit: is really disrespected these days. Everyone seems to prefer regular :4pit:.
:4darkpit: is rightfully disrespected. We're onto the 4th game in the series and over 15 years of Smashing yet clones still appear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
Please tell me you're trolling or you forgot the Kappa
Just messing, that is why I said "in all seriousness." :)

:4darkpit: is rightfully disrespected. We're onto the 4th game in the series and over 15 years of Smashing yet clones still appear.
This kind of talk slightly agitates me. People are all in denial and up in arms about clones. Clones have always been in Smash, and I feel that this is now a part of smash. Accept it and be happy with the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
This kind of talk slightly agitates me. People are all in denial and up in arms about clones. Clones have always been in Smash, and I feel that this is now a part of smash. Accept it and be happy with the roster.
Except this ***** is literally a clone! There is next to nothing different between him and Pit besides the damage and speed on his arrows, and even that is practically the same! Not to mention he's also a re-color. I'm alright with semi-clones like Wolf or clones that have evolved over the series like Ganondorf and Luigi but I can't even look a Dark Pit. Can you honestly say Dark Pit is a well designed character?

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
You aren't listening to what I am saying. I never denied the fact the Dark Pit is a clone. He most likely is the biggest clone yet. The only reason he has is own character slot is b/c the development team had time to spare and instead of making DP a recolor for Pit, they said "Let's give a shout out to his fans and make him a character." The bottom line is that I agree that he is a clone. I just think that there is no need to complain about it.

Top Bottom