• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Addictive Game

ECVlion

Smash Ace
Now we've had a game we were hooked on for a very long time. Here's mine:

1. Pokemon
2. Tetris
3. Mario Tennis.

Have at least two, since most of you guys have played pokemon for a long time. ;)

MOD EDIT: I'm sick of seeing "Addictable." Actually, it is "Addictive." ;)

MaverickZero

Smash Cadet
Here's mine:

1. Legend of Zelda OoT
2. Final Fantasy 8
3. Pokemon (yellow)
4. Final Fantasy adventure for gameboy (I started playing this game when i was 7, now i'm 15 and i still play it;))
5. Megaman Battle Network
6. Secret of Mana

I couldn't make a top 3 cuz there were so many games i was hooked on, so i picked the 6 i was most addicted on:p

SuperMega Mario

Smash Cadet
I have to admit, I was hooked on Tetris a long time ago but to me it is boring now. I have never owned a Pokemon game and I have always wanted to.

Here are the games I was hooked on for a long time:

Super Mario Bros. 3(NES)
Super Mario Kart(SNES)
Mario Kart 64(N64)
Banjo-Kazooie(N64)
Diddy Kong Racing(N64)
All Crash games(Playstation)
All Spyro games(Playstation)
Excitebike 64(N64)
Donkey Kong 64(N64)
Super Smash Bros.(N64)
Super Smash Bros. Melee(GCN)
Super Mario 64(N64)
Kirby 64(N64)
Banjo-Tooie(N64)
Conker's Bad Fur Day(N64)
Sonic Adventure 2:Battle(GCN)
Most Sonic games(Genesis)

Here are the games I have never played but I would be hooked on them:

Mario Kart: Super Circuit(GBA)
Super Mario Advance(GBA)
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World(GBA)
Wario Land 4(GBA)
Sonic Advance(GBA)
Star Fox Adventures(GCN)
Metroid Prime(GCN)
Sonic Mega Collection(GCN)
Mario Party 4(GCN)

All other Mario games coming out(GCN & GBA)
And more...
That includes Pokemon games.

I couldn't make up my mind on just a few. I love video games.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
1. Diablo 2
2. Ultima Online
3. Warcraft 3
4. Deus Ex
5. Half-Life

Currently, I am playing Morrowind and I am still getting used to the game style, but I think I may get addicted soon enough ;)

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Online games

Online games are them most addictive!

I am addicted to JKII. Completely. If anyone here is into saber only stuff, whisper me here at the forums. Maybe we can have a duel or two.

firaga01

Smash Lord
Khas Narra Dan

1. STARCRAFT (ive been playing it for five years since july!)
2. Pokemon (before we all realized that playing with cuddly crap was not worth the money)
3. legend of zelda, OoT

Yavarice

Dreadnought
BRoomer
  • Civilizations #
  • Sim anything
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon
  • Counter-Strike
  • Evercrack (This one is so addicting I never started it)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Sims
Pokemon
Old Mario games
Conker's Bad Fur Day (best multiplayer in any game ever)
Perfect Dark
Sim City

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Speaking of the Sims, it is the best selling PC game ever. Not too bad at all.
I would play it again, but 1) I can't afford all the expansions and 2) I just don't have the time.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Let's see....

Most addictive:

Super Mario Sunshine- GCN
Melee- GCN
Super Metroid- SNES
Golden Sun- GBA
Kid Icarus/Metroid/Zelda- NES
Goldeneye/Mario 64/Mario Kart 64- N64....

Ocarina

Smash Lord
For me,:

1. ALL Zelda games

2. StarFox Adventures (when it comes out)

Ties:

1. SSB and SSBM

para trooper

BRoomer
BRoomer
there is no game that is really "addictable" at the time i thought mario bros 3 was but i dont paly that anymore so i guess it wasnt really "addictable" or iwould still be playing it today ;)

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Paper Mario
Unreal Tournament
The World is Not Enough

Lansuu

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. Shenmue - I hated this game until I sat and watched my friend play it whenever I spent the night. I went out and bought a Dreamcast just for the game.
2. Tetris - One of the most well-known and addictive games of all time. No explination needed.
3. GTA3 - This game could be played for hours, missions completed or not. Killing, explosions, drugs... all a gamer needs.
4. Demolition Derby 64 - One of the best party games, IMO. It's a rare breed, and leaves you wanting more.
5. Zelda OoT - Possibly THE greatest game of all-time. The mini-quests, mini-games, and the cinematics make you want to play it an eighth time.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
Mario Sunshine - I've had this game for 8 days, and I only have 25 shine sprites!

Chrono Trigger - I can't believe no one mentioned this game! :crazy:

Zelda: OOT - Great game!

Zelda: LTTP - :D :D

Pokémon - Oh Gosh, probably the worst game ever!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-

.:Future Games:.

Starfox Adventures - :eek: MUST HAVE THIS GAME!! 2 discs!! :eek:

Zelda GCN - :eek: MUST HAVE THIS GAME!!

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Not in any order.

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Devil May Cry

Pokemon

GTA 3

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Super Mario Sunshine

Chrono Trigger

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Commander Keen-Invasion of the Vorticons (Old school gaming. Classic, first fluid graphics for PC. I loved this game and still do.)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (The one for Genesis. I play this one all the time. Great game, just plain addictive)
Diablo II (I always lose track of time when I play this game)
Pong (You know what I'm talking about)
Simlife (Ah, the ability to play God to a bunch of little cyber critters. I do love it!)
Doom and Wolfenstein 3D (You know what I mean. No explanation needed)
Lords of the Realm II (RTS is always fun, and LotR2 was fantastic)
Quest 64 (Yes, the plot as weak, but I like the graphics, so I'll just go around and get in a bunch of battles. I don't waste my time playing this one like 8 times through, like with OoT, but the graphics are worth going back into your save file sometimes)
Zelda OoT (I refer you back to Lansuu and admit it, it's fun cruising from the top of the windmill down into Kakariko on a chicken....)
DDR (Arrow will back me up. Ah, the quarters I've lost....)
Kirby 64 (It was an easy game, but the nearly 60 combos make it worth going back and playing a few levels over again)
NHL 94 (I don't know why, but I'm hooked.)

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
Starcraft - If Blizzard would make a SEQUEL to it, we could move on, instead of ANOTHER **** Warcraft. (I'm referring to World of Warcraft, not WC3)
Diablo II - No matter how often I got bored with this game, I always ended up coming back to play it.
Tetris - The almighty king of the puzzle games, I popped it in my Super Game Boy and took it for a spin recently.
Ultima Online - The guys at OSI keep it interesting. Picture Diablo II with a more in-depth storyline that continues as you play, and is changed when events occur, etc. when time passes.
SSB64/SSBM - I don't need to explain myself.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Fantasia
Starfox Adventures - :eek: MUST HAVE THIS GAME!! 2 discs!! :eek:

.... Um... No, Star Fox is 1 disc.

I would like to add:

Mario Party
Banjo-Kazooie
and Kid Icarus

King Genius XIII

Smash Lord
The two most addictive games I have ever played are:
Dr. Mario and Paper Mario (I played it from the moment I got it to the moment I finished it, only stopping for bathroom breaks, eating, and sleeping)
Most RPG games kept me really addicted, but not like Paper Mario.

twinsvikings

Smash Rookie
The most addictive game of all time is Goldeneye 007 for N64. It had cool guns and a great one-player mode. Plus, it totally innovated the multiplayer mode in shooters forever. Goldeneye Forever!!!!!!!!

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I don't understand WHY people are posting up games that have an addiction level of 7. level 7 being a game you are addicted to until you beat it and is replayable after about 3 years.

Really for a game to be considered addictive, to me, It must have high replay value (Smash Melee, Mario Tennis).

There are some games that are addictive for a while and you get boring eventually (Starcraft, Rollercoaster Tycoon). These games tend to have no real ending.

And then there are games that are addictive until you finish. Beyond that, they are not very appealing

Wouldn't you agree that games with infinite replay value are MORE addictive. You don't smoke cigarettes until you've bought 20 packs do you? no, you most likely continue for your life. the same is true with addictive games.

You may play Mario 64, beat it, and put it in a vault only to take it out after about 6 years. Smash, however, you may never put away, lest nintendo makes a new one. The latter is my idea of an addictive game.

In my list above, I listed the MOST addictive, there are some that are addictive, but not AS addictive. I shall now list them.

Tetris
Pokemon Puzzle League
Star/War Craft
Balloon Fight (yes, it is)
Animal Crossing
Rollercoaster Tycoon
The Sims
Tribes (2)

rudy292

Not bball2012
BRoomer
Animal Crossing has to be the most addicting game in existance.

Other addicting games-

Smash Melee
Golden Sun
Mario Kart (any will do)
Baldur's Gate 1 (must.... play.... 2..... now)
Super Metroid

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
As adictive as Nicotine!

I'll say....

The Missadventures of Tron Bonne (I still to this day will pull it out and play it!)

Super Mario Sunshine (I love it! and it's fun replaying it from the begining)

and SSBM (it'd be more replayable if I had a ton of friends come over)

Well those are my choices. :shyguy: :beezo:

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
A few games shine as raging addictions for myself.

1) Warcraft 3. For a while I played hardly ever, but in the past few weeks, with the falling of my Jkii addiction, I have begun to play this more. Fun fun game, even though I am prone to losing one way or another. The new patch (1.03) is awesome!

2) Starcraft. Sadly, I haven't played in a while, the last time was a about a week ago in which I had to school Spaz519 to show him that although he got the win in Warcraft 3, I still have never been beat by him in Starcraft!

3) JKii. I haven't played in almost a month. I know, I know, all summer, my life revolved around this game. I do plan on playing it again, but unless some sort of expansion is released, I won't play it more than just a few minutes now and then. Blizzard is still game when it comes to multiplayer.

4) Animal Crossing. The rising favourite, one of the best console games ever. I have 4 friends at school with the game, one of which's town I have visited several times. I trade using passwords with the rest of them and Smashboards, and considering the game never really ends, I must say it's replay value is astounding. I wish it was online, but sometimes in life, you have to settle for something that is just a little more... personal. Still, I hope for an Animal Crossing Online someday! Maybe MMAC! Ahhh, that'd be great!

And for the record, Starcraft never gets boring (Backstabbing :) ) NEVER.

Top Bottom