• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Subspace Teasing: Sakurai Rolls out Another Trailer for SSE

antimatter

Smash Lord
doubt third parties are in the main story, theyll probably be unlockable chapters like in soul caliber 2.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder if Bowser is the one responsible for bringing out Rayquaza. It looks too good to be coincidental.

I'm also beginning to think that Wario sent Petey Piranha out to capture the heroes as well.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Nice update and best video of SSE.

Ness is even more confirmed now that Lucas's forward smash is the bat. Seriously, how much more proof do the Ness fanboys need?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Im sorry but i have to do this because the movie was so facking awesome

YEAH LUCAS, KICK SOME @$$!!!! WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...*looks at vid again* hey he even uses his stick weapon (^^)v

Nice update and best video of SSE.

Ness is even more confirmed now that Lucas's forward smash is the bat. Seriously, how much more proof do the Ness fanboys need?
Lucas fights with a stick...not a baseball bat (^^)v

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
HAHAHA! i don't know why people are complaining....
I know right?? this gave more examples of the Supspace levels.....and it showed different characters fighting that we never saw fight yet ...well...slightly ....must i remind ppl of Lucas's Stick smash and awesome PSI pwnage?? XDD...LUCAS FTW!

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman

Looks familiar. Fire Emblem maybe? Feh, looks good, that's all I care.
It looks like Anakin Skywalker's home planet, quite frankly.

That aside, I'm glad that they aren't pairing up characters by franchise. Mario and Luigi WOULD be kinda cool, but random pairings seem much better, to me. I'm pretty much just waiting for the update saying "Snake meets Zero Suit Samus".

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Thank you Sakurai Thank u so much, something wecan actually ponder over or that we already didn't knwo.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
When I saw the update before I watched it I thought it was going to be awesome and reveal awesome things and then it just turns out that they editted it differently and threw in about 15 seconds total of in-game action which also didn't reveal anything that made the update worth it. This was just another filler update in the form of a slightly modified video. I guess they were hoping that this would seem like a big deal and that he's starting to give us good updates now, but this was another weak attempt at pretending like this was worth a whole update. More than half of that video we've already seen. Failed attempt IMO.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, it's been some time since the last SSE update. Now I really want to see a boss update again.

few things I liked
1. Lucas' little bit
2. Even more odd pairings
3. The fact that it seems like you get to play as the captured princess as she makes her escape.

what this made me want to see
1. A Snake SSE video
2. At least another boss.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Dude stfu they don't even need to send us updates. This is one of the only games that has ever done it. Sakurai can just make us wait like every other game producer, but he's being generous. So back off and enjoy the updates.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
This video is full of crazy awesomeness.
We also got to see several new environments; I'm hoping some of those might be multiplayer levels.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Something seemed missing, then it hit me. Where is Captain Falcon?!?!?!?!?

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Anybody want to tell me what this is...

Well I'm not quite sure but it kinda looks a little like Samus to me but I'm not sure it's too faded to get a good look.

Also the trailer made of pure unrefined liquid awesome!!!!

IC and Metaknight ftw!

Eagle

Smash Lord
It looks like a pokemon trainer. Not Red, but a villain.

Like, the red ball is a pokeball. The blue is a jacket. The red/green is his shirt. The white is his pants. At the top you see white spikey hair.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
That was definitely Green Hill... Just look at it. It even had the Spikes from the Sonic games. Pure awesomeness I say! 8D So... This trailer means:
a) DK was captured by Bowser with the "Trophy gun"
b) Wario is evil cause... Why would he AND Bowser have a Trophy gun if they weren't evil? Maybe he can change sides after that... I dunno...
c) Some more pairings! :p (Meta Knight & Ice Climbers).
d) Green Hill!!! YAY!!!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this justifies as killer. it makes sense everyone not shown could be unlockable. that makes dedede, PT, sonic, and snake.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm pretty sure this justifies as killer. it makes sense everyone not shown could be unlockable. that makes dedede, PT, sonic, and snake.
PT is on the boxart. They never show hidden characters on the boxarts of their games!
And Dedede is playable in one of the early Co-Op Event matches! So I guess that leads to just now Sonic and Snake? =o

EDIT: Also I noticed something, if PT is a starter then this means that every Pokemon starter from RBY are in the starting roster on Brawl. LOL I C WAT NINTENDO DID THAR

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Best movie yet. So many awesome Primid scenes in only 1 minute and 12 seconds!

And Bowser laughing.

btw, Meta-Knight is a good guy. His ship was stolen by Minister.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
When I saw the update before I watched it I thought it was going to be awesome and reveal awesome things and then it just turns out that they editted it differently and threw in about 15 seconds total of in-game action which also didn't reveal anything that made the update worth it. This was just another filler update in the form of a slightly modified video. I guess they were hoping that this would seem like a big deal and that he's starting to give us good updates now, but this was another weak attempt at pretending like this was worth a whole update. More than half of that video we've already seen. Failed attempt IMO.
Agreed.

Sadly this is the best update we have gotten in months...and thats saying something.

overthere

Smash Cadet
What makes SSE are the random match-ups. Now that it's confirmed there are split character-paths according to the choices you make (I was beginning to think Zelda got captured either way) that only heightens the possibilities.

As for the weird green/brown thing, pausing at various moments, I'd almost want to say it's King Dedede in weird lighting. Most likely just another SS enemy.

Lucas is definately using a batlike object, seems like is has a pattern on it though.

I got one freezeframe where it looked like Peach and Samus were together, but I realized it's just a fade between their two shots.

I

i8waffles612

Ahhh AWESOME VIDEO.

Im gonna watch it 5 more times to look into more detail of it.. like stages and good guys/bad guys.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
MetaKnight'sSword said:
not to mention he has also helped kirby a few times....though very slightly.....
You want examples of Meta's goodness? Go play Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. MK tries to save the world from and evil force. Also, we meet Dark Meta Knight, who is evil and less honorable. Meta even loans Kirby his sword (called Master in the game) to defeat Dark Mind, and then you can use it once you beat the game!! Also, play Kirby Squeak Squad. Meta steals a treasure chest, rebuilds the Halberd, and fights Kirby....only for ity to later be revealed that he was trying to prevent Kirby from opening the chest, in which was imprisoned Dark Nebula (lots a "Dark ---" villains in Kirby!!). He's saved the world just as many times as Kirby has!! Since Sakurai is Meta Knight's creator, he will place MK in the same role he's always played; a myterious, shadowy warrior who is always fighting for goodness, even if its not crystal clear that he is. The End ;)
Also, I will add that I LOVED Bowser's evil laughter in the movie. Soooo cool! He and Wario are GREAT villains, but I hope you can still play as them (mayhaps the switch sides?).

Top Bottom