• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More strategic: SH Fair, or DJC Fair?

Livevil200

Smash Cadet
Now i know im posting a lot of questions, but i figure since this board is for help, and ive read every guide on it for ness, I'd pose this qusetion. I DJC most of my fairs, but while i hit people, often (especially against falco and fox) by the time i land on the ground even though the character is hit, they still can respond with an attack. Is it because I'm DJCing too fast, and therefore am hitting them with "weak" sparks that dont push them back? Or is it because im not L cancelling? Or am i supposed to shorthop the fairs so that they push back more? I need answers please! Thanks.

Also, I'd really appreciate as would other nesses if people recorded thesmelves more because, while there are videos up, there aren't many good ones. I've been playing ness for a while and while i have most of the technicalities down, i was suprised because my friend who plays a rather good fox and falco beat me...many times. And i had NO strategic options, while i usually do. I think i'm not playing a fast enough ness. Give your suggestions please, and thanks.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You must L-cancel. If your not doing it that's probably why. DjC is faster, but if your approaching them shffl is safer and easier to space.

If you want help from videos look at some of Mofo's videos in the super guide. It's pretty simple. Use the find function in your toolbar (go to edit) and search for mofo. There are 3 videos of him. Even though they're really old, they're still extremely helpful. The Ness dittos between captain jack and somebody else are good too.

Livevil200

Smash Cadet
thanks sage! I trained today and dramatically increased my speed by wave dashing with r and y instead of x and l! Now i play much faster!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This might help you learn how to DjC, making your Ness even faster.

UmbreonMow: I use XXA, every other fast ness player uses YXA that I'm aware of.

I personally use up on the control stick to x or y (I can't tell which on I'm pressing) to z. XYA makes the attack come to soon for me and I accidentally footcancel it.

Remember that shffl is helpful too.

Ignore my post count, I'm not that good with Ness, just decent. I'm just trying to help.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
DjC is faster, but if I'm spacing I generally don't do either, I try to do a big jump and then hit them with the fair on my descent using DI. That or fly slightly over their heads land quickly and DjC into a bair.

Top Bottom