• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Kirby baseless speculation.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
As we all know, Kirby's moveset has been delayed for quite some time now, and even though he was a confirmed character, hw wasn't in E for all.

I think this might be why.

As we all know, when kirby sucks in an enemy he gains their ability. Previously, in Smash 64 and melee he would gain the B move of a character.

Now I think Sakuri is working on a system that coorisponds to the original roots of kirby, as in an entirerly different moveset depending on which character (or even projectile!) kirby swallows. (Note: this might be disproven already by the king Deede hat.)

For example:
Kirby is facing mario, then kirby swallows mario, and presses down.

This is where things get interesting.

Instead of gaining a mario hat, Kirby becomes fire kirby from his previous games with a completely different moveset.

Here is a list of what characters might coorispond to different powers.
Mario=Fire kirby
Sonic=Wheel kirby (hey, it's fast!)
Samus=electric kirby
Link/ike/metaknight=sword kirby
dedee=hammer kirby.
Ice climbers=ice kirby
Pit=Cupid kirby. (wow, didn't notice that one. . .)

san-romanov

Smash Cadet
I thought the same as you but since kirby was showed with popo's costume I forgot about it.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Nah... I rather like the smash Kirby hats, I would never dream of losing them. Mario's hat, Samus's helmet, Metaknight, King Dedede, Ridley, Sonic, Fox, Wario, Snake's headband, Mr. Game&Watch's 2D flatness, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Olimar, Geno, Captain Falcon's Pawnch... ahh... you get my point. This is the only game where you can copy all these special epic custom hats. THIS... IS... Super Smash Brothers!!!

Ahh... I over use this pic:

Do you really want to loose all these hats?

[Warning Advertisement:]
These Kirby hat skins are from my Brawl Countdown thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119723
Come and Get It!!!

I think its fine if they change the moveset/attack/attributes Kirby copies (I kind of like the original smash way though). Maybe Kirby can suck in items + stage hazards? Like fireflower/curry = fire kirby, freezy= ice kirby, screwball= wheel kirby? something like that.
O copying ATs would be awesome but iono how that would turn out.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I love the smash hats way too much to ever want something like that to happen.

Inhaling projectiles just makes sense though. Hopefully we see something like that implemented.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'd like that too much. It's a good idea and it would be cool for a while but I'd miss the hats. Besides, what would happen if two characters have the same element? Mario and Luigi both use fire, so Kirby would change into fire kirby for both and it would get boring pretty fast.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
As we all know, Kirby's moveset has been delayed for quite some time now, and even though he was a confirmed character, hw wasn't in E for all.

I think this might be why.

As we all know, when kirby sucks in an enemy he gains their ability. Previously, in Smash 64 and melee he would gain the B move of a character.

Now I think Sakuri is working on a system that coorisponds to the original roots of kirby, as in an entirerly different moveset depending on which character (or even projectile!) kirby swallows. (Note: this might be disproven already by the king Deede hat.)

For example:
Kirby is facing mario, then kirby swallows mario, and presses down.

This is where things get interesting.

Instead of gaining a mario hat, Kirby becomes fire kirby from his previous games with a completely different moveset.

Here is a list of what characters might coorispond to different powers.
Mario=Fire kirby
Sonic=Wheel kirby (hey, it's fast!)
Samus=electric kirby
Link/ike/metaknight=sword kirby
dedee=hammer kirby.
Ice climbers=ice kirby
Pit=needle kirby?feather kirby?
If he swallowed Pit, he could totally be Cupid Kirby from Amazing Mirror.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Its been discussed before, but I prefer the idea of Kirby gaining all the special moves instead of just one. Imagine Kirby using Fox's shine, Samus's missiles, Meta Knight's crazy sword attacks... ah the possibilities, a guy can dream right? :laugh:

DededeDaimyo

Smash Rookie
How I predict Kirby's Copy Ability will work this time

>Mario (because of his fireballs)=Burning Kirby (a moving, blazing ball of kirby. His >B in Melee)
>Link (his sword)=Sword Kirby (wears a hat similar to Link's and wields a sword)
>Pikachu (his electrical abilities)=Spark kirby (creates an electrical surrounding forcefield)
>Samas (her blaster)=Laser Kirby (shoots a chargeable laser from his arm)
>Bowser (his spikes)=Needle Kirby (extends spikes from his body like a porcupine)
>Yoshi (his ability to throw eggs)=Throw Kirby (grabs, then throws enemies in various directions)
>Peach (her umbrella)=Parasol Kirby (can float and attack with parasol, like the item in SSB)
>IceClimbers (their freezing qualities)=Freeze Kirby (wears an IC parka, surrounds self with a small blizzard)
>Pit (duh...)=Angel/Cupid Kirby (can flutter around with wings and shoot arrows)
>Ike (his Aether)=Cutter Kirby (why have another sword kirby? Kirby's Final Cutter move is similar to this)
>Charizard (his fire abilities)=Fire Kirby (breaths fire like the Flame Thrower attack)
>DiddyKong (his Rocketbarrels)=Jet Kirby (dons a rocket-jet helmet. can fly and ram people)
>MetaKnight (his Mach Tornado)=Tornado Kirby (forms into a mobile, spinning twister)
>Snake (his explosives)=Bomb Kirby (can throw an unlimited amount of bombs)
>Lucas (his PK Freeze)=Ice Kirby (similar to fire kirby. can freeze enemies with icy breath)
>Sonic (his spin-dash)=Wheel Kirby (wears a backwards baseball cap. transforms into a fast-moving, destructive tire)
>KingDedede (his mallet)=Hammer Kirby (carries an offensive hammer)

These are the abilities that I think Kirby will accuire from inhaling the characters revieled thus far in Brawl. As for Fox, Zelda, DK, Wario, Zamus, or the other Pokemon, well I cant really think of any unique existing Kirby abilities that could match those character's styles. If Sakurai does want to be loyal to the Kirby series, I think that Dedede's Waddle Doo will give Kirby the Beam power, though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
For all those saying that Kirby's "smash-hats" are a better idea than the Hats he actually gets in his games: shame on you.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
For all those saying that Kirby's "smash-hats" are a better idea than the Hats he actually gets in his games: shame on you.
Back in 2003... when we set up shop in some old abandoned Comodore 64 game board on GameFAQs to discuss Smash Bros 3... one of the movesets I had made was a Star Warrior Kirby I remember; he no longer had his swallow move, but instead his special moves and standard moves were changed to more closely mirror moves he had in his games... ah, how I miss those early predictions.

Oh well. Now I totally forgot the totally awesome noob-pwning message I was thinking of posting here. (I suppose that's what I get for being nostalgic...)

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Why t!MmY? I mean I love all of kirby's abilities, but to replace the unique smash ones with the hats from his games seems silly to me. If we want ball, ufo, and plasma kirby we can just play a kirby game. Smash is the only place where I can falcon punch or flip sausages with kirby.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
With the confirmation of two Kirby hats, I don't think this is very likely to happen...
Who knows, maaaaaybe powers from sucking up certain items but I still highly doubt that.
Though it'd be so weird if Kirby inhaled Waddle Doo and didn't get a Beam power O.o He probably isn't gonna get one but still, it'd be weird... really weird...

Top Bottom