• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Independent Victory Themes? + Ideas

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
I love the direction that the PMDT went for 3.5 by giving Bowser an independent victory theme (akin to Sm4sh). This got me thinking: Would other characters benefit from this treatment? The answer's yes. Here are some thoughts of mine as to who should get them and what it would be like.

Wolf: A remixed version of the first few seconds of the Star Wolf theme.

Mewtwo: Possibly the first few seconds of his reveal trailer theme (the rendition of the Mewtwo Strikes Back theme).

Ganondorf: Several things could be done here. Maybe a dark, final boss-sounding mix of the first bit of Gerudo Valley, or a remix of the final boss theme from something like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, etc.

These are my ideas to start with (I'll most likely come up with more down the road), but post your thoughts below.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
So basically every villain character.
they're using the microgame brstms, so assuming they don't outstep that ground, we got 8 more slots.
"We're gonna have fun with this thing"

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'd imagine these sorta things would take a lot of work to perfect, but I'd definitely like to see these:

Diddy Kong - DKC2 Diddy Victory Theme remix
Ness - Melee Victory Theme (Smiles and Tears)
Ganondorf - OoT Final battle Against Ganon remix / OoT Ganondorf Battle remix
Wario - Wario Land 2 Victory! remix
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion Main Theme remix
Wolf - Star Wolf remix
DDD - King Dedede's Theme remix
G&W - Melee Victory Theme

I believe @Riddlrr and a few others make up the sound team, so it's probably up to them. Bowser could have been a special case for all we know.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
These are the ones I'd separate and alter if I had the option.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I definitely think Ness should get his Melee victory song back. Heck, I already have it replaced on my build. (Though for both of them, sadly. Been too lazy to add the independent song code) Lucas can keep the Mother 1 song or get a new one.
I think Ganon, Diddy, Ness, Ike, Roy, Mewtwo, King DDD, and Luigi all deserve their own. That's... somehow 8. I didn't plan for that

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Keep in mind clone characters.
So we have potential 5 slots on them if they're all new series.

In which case, I think Ness, Ganondorf, and either Mewtwo/Wolf.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Has anyone one had any luck in adding the independent victory theme code into 3.5, or could someone point me in the direction of a good guide for how to do it?

Shin F.

Smash Master
They could actually use the CSE to add new victory themes without replacing if they wanted to, I think. It's possible in vBrawl and BrawlEx, at least.

In any case, I'd definitely give Ness his 64 or Melee victory. Ganondorf would be a great choice for a new victory theme, as well. I like the second one Kati linked. It would be cool if Mewtwo got one, but I'm not sure what he'd use.

Top Bottom