• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More DigiPen Party news from my uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I just got word from my uncle who was at that DigiPen party held as a pre-demo for Brawl for E for All (you might know my uncle he's pretty famous at nintendo, his name is Captain Falcon), and he has given me some interesting news on how Brawl will be differently from Melee

- 1st, Captain Falcon is confirmed as an assist trophy. Yeah, my uncle was really mad about that. He comes on the stage and sits there saying "Show me your moves!" a bunch of times. Anyone who accidentally hits him gets Falcon Punched.

- 2nd, Captain Faclon is the only assist trophy to have a final smash. That's right. when a smash ball flies around the stage, and Captain Falcon breaks it with his counter Falcon Punch, he transforms into Captain Phoenix (new character in F-Zero Wii) and blows up the entire stage. All of the characters will die, and respawn to nothing, only to die again. The last person left standing is the "new captain falcon."
You found the secret message! This is a joke thread!
- 3rd, wavedashing is out. Yes, I know there are mixed feelings on that one, but Uncle Captain Falcon tried it out with a TV remote (which was also confirmed as a 5th controller type for brawl), and he couldn't even jump. No jumping = no wavedashing.

- 4th, Fox has been nerfed to hell and back. For example, his Shine now hits on frame 6 and doesn't even stop projectiles anymore, his up-smash always hits an invisible ceiling (perfect for edgeguarding though), and his up-air doesn't even do anything, except Peppy comes on the stage and says "Nice Barrel Roll Fox!"

- 5th, there are some surprising alternate costumes in the demo that weren't in the demos played in the recent videos we've been shown. Mario has Luigi, Paper Mario, and Wind Waker Link. Yoshi has Boshi, Paper Yoshi, and Wind Waker Boshi. Fox has Falco, Wolf, Krystal, and Wind Waker Slippy. Link has Dark Link, and Tingle. Sonic has Paper Sonic, and Wind Waker Shadow.

- and Lastly, the game is getting another delay due to how much programming is required for the TV remote. TBA 2008 =(

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I would get the facepalm, but it's not even worth it....

I don't know, maybe if someone convinces me.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Lol good one. TV remote, as impossible as it is, would make an awesome controller actually.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Wow, you stupid brawl tools, IE masterem. Dazwa is such a credible source and far mroe so than you. You may shut the hell up, since you don't know what you're talking about, or go back to gamefaqs, where crappy rumor mongering like you enjoy doing is allowed. We here at smashboards like facts.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Did you confirm to see if Mindgames are in Brawl?

That stuff is so cheap.
I forgot to mention! Yes, mindgames are now an option for Special Brawl. The options you can set them at are "No," "Yes," and "MINDGAMES, SON!"

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Wow, you stupid brawl tools, IE masterem. Dazwa is such a credible source and far mroe so than you. You may shut the hell up, since you don't know what you're talking about, or go back to gamefaqs, where crappy rumor mongering like you enjoy doing is allowed. We here at smashboards like facts.
You consider this **** to be a credible source? Are you ****ing ********!?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Mindgames are for such scrubs

Is M2K a banned character?
Actually, M2K is an alternate costume for Marth, who is actually an alternate costume for Ike.

EDIT: Penguin Commando, you have won! Pick your prize!

1) Hi-five from me.
2) Hi-five from my uncle Captain Falcon
3) Doube hi-five from me and my uncle Captain Falcon

Choose wisely.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
You consider this **** to be a credible source? Are you ****ing ********!?
Of course it is, I confirm this with all the new vids and stuff.

We should sticky this thread because its alot of new information. Like the Digi-super-secret-brawl-demo-SUPER-SUPER-party. A few threads have already been made about it. It has to be true. I frankly believe all of it, you're just being an as$. You're mean.

-And then I died from drowning in my own spit after forgetting to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom