• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More C-Stick Issues

So, I was playing around in Training Mode earlier, and I found that inputting C-stick Down+Up with Tap Jump enabled results in two nearly simultaneous jump inputs. Playing around with it a bit, I also noticed that it flubs full jump aerials with the C-Stick and Tap Jump, turning them into SH aerials even with the control stick held up.

Pretty sure this has to do with the already known C-stick bugs stemming from the C-stick functioning as a macro, but I wasn't sure if this particular instance was known. This could cause some serious problems for certain character (shine->bair), so I wanted to bring it up, as I didn't see a thread for it already.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Have you edited your code-set at all? I've heard that editing the buffer codes may cause this glitch.

I'm afraid I had some friends test it on their code sets as well. It seems to be an actual glitch with P:M, not a simple issue with my code set.

For what it's worth, my code list and such are all completely stock as far as P:M goes.

It's another one of those weird ways that brawl interprets the cstick. :/
I figured as much. I assume this has to do with the C-stick being a macro, but is it a situation like L+R/X+Y in which the game recognizes them as the same input? Or is the game actually registering both sticks, and the c-stick is programmed to function that way to simplify control editing? I'd assume it's the former, but I can always hope.

Small side question: What method is preventing c-stick fast falls in the current build? Ages ago, it was a small frame buffer in the input, but there's been a lot changed since then.

Top Bottom