• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

Maven89

Smash Master

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We at the BBC are proud to inform you about our newest pile of dung. Uh, I mean about our newest show. We have test marketed it, and it should be just bland enough to appeal to everyone, while just a teeniest bit not-awful-enough so you won't turn it off. If you do find the following program to be of interest to you, please let us know so we can change it. So without further ado, I am proud to bring to you -

MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING MAFIA

Yes, Owl stretching time. The newest reality game show, where twelve strangers engage in a battle of the wits. Each of these contestants have been handpicked from the slums and sewers, and are ready to risk what little life and sanity they have left for your amusement. All twelve have been dropped into an old septic tank, and are told that some of them are out to get the others. Every day, these miserable cretins will vote on who they think is bad, and the winner will be hilariously executed. The game continues until all the baddies are dead, or the baddies kill all the others! Come watch! Because hey, what else do you have to do?

You will be blacklisted from future mafia games if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* talking about this game outside of this thread. Mafiosi may communicate in a quicktopic provided by the host.
* liking posts when you're not in the game or are dead. You can do that once the game's over.
* writing more than a "bah, go town/mafia" post after you're dead. Once you have died you shut the **** up.
* posting in the thread when you're not playing.

You will be modkilled if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* posting your role PM in the thread or quote directly from it
* post logs of private communication in this thread
* note that anything that gets you modkilled can also get you blacklisted as a consequence

You will receive modvotes if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* insulting other players [temporary]
* editing your posts [permanent]
* failing to post at least once within 24 hours [temporary]
* posting during the Night phase [temporary]
* post outside of your hydra account if you're signed up as a hydra

You should also know the following information when you sign up:
* use the command Vote: [player name] to cast your vote. You can also Vote: No lynch if you wish to.
* once an absolute majority of players have cast their vote on a player at the same time, he will be lynched and revealed
* a Day phase ends when either a voting majority or the present deadline is reached
* failing to send in a Night Action [read your role PM for further info] within the given deadline will result in the target of your Night Action being randomized.
* if you wish to not make use of your Night Action you are required to actively announce that decision in your role PM conversation.
* should a modkill occur during the Day phase the game will go straight into Night phase if the modkilled player is town. If the modkilled player is not town then the Day phase will continue.
* if you're unsure about anything regarding the game, do not hesitate to ask me via PM about it
* Deadlines will be set by me. Game days will never last longer then 7 real life days

* Town win condition: You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated
* Mafia win condition: You are mafia aligned and when you have a voting majority or nothing can prevent that.

9 players

1. #HBC | Nabe
2. Red Ryu
3. Gheb
4. S_Defenestration
5. Dooplissity
6. Vult Redux
7. Ranmaru
8. Kouseband
9. Fandangox

REPLACEMENTS

1. Spak

Get signed up! Spam is payed out by Gorf

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Crazy mechanics or like a simple game?

Maven89

Smash Master
Alright gentlemen, we're getting close. If two more people don't sign up shortly, I'll have to make it a 9 player game, meaning S-Defenestration would have to move to replacement. Hopefully two more will join shortly, the game should start by Thursday

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Maven89 Maven89 could I switch to replacement if there aren't any more sign-ups? I don't want to deprive someone of their first Mafia game, college orientation is this weekend, and it looks like Ran really wants Defenestration to play (based on his post in the Social). Considering that, putting in Defenestration, a probably more active player (at least over the next few days), in the primary slot seems like a good call. Plus, I'm already in Xatres' game, so putting me in 2 games while there's someone else wanting to play but not getting in any seems unfair.

EDIT: I also need to catch up with the tournament game at some point. Been getting behind on that lol.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks dude, really appreciate that. I owe you one.

S_Defenestration

Smash Rookie
Hey, just so everyone knows, I'm going to be pretty inactive because of my Mum's 50th on the 19th from 9am-midnight AEST (GMT+10), which is like, 30 hours from now. I'll try to check in when I can, though. Hope that's not too inconvenient to everyone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
V/LA Tomorrow all day, I have SWAT melee tourny to be at. Sunday Morning I have martial arts.

Maven89

Smash Master

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to episode 1 of BBC's Monty Python's Flying Mafia. To recap, nine members of the public, hand picked from the slums and sewers, have been placed into this old septic tank

None of them are allowed to leave until the game is over. Will the town win? Will the scum team? Can these cretins even form complete sentences? Well, I doubt it. So, without wasting any more of your time, I bring to you, EPISODE 1 of....

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Top Bottom