• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

swordgard

Smash Hero
What brawl scene?

1: Holynightmare
2: chesterr01
3: elefterios
4: zaf
5: ThatGuy
5: pkmvodka
7: Steb
7: jer
9: Kage
9: Blaze
9: kr3wman
9: Techiyo
13: "C"let

Eh, brawl + isn't exactly popular either.

1: Kage
2: pkmvodka
3: Matt
4: ThatGuy
5: CC
5: Greg
7: chesterr01
7: Eric

******* Bracket Cutoff *******

9: Sam
9: Ragboy
11: Steb
11: Simon
13: Fhatuik
13: Fizzi
15: Wiseclown
15: Mithune
17: Cheer
17: Techiyo

Then again, nor is melee.

Lunsford, contact me on aib if you want to get in touch with brawl community.

swordgard

Smash Hero
The brawl scene is You,Holy,Ally,KKong,Dom.

Brawl+ has more, along with melee.
Fornaxxx,Wickd,Nvm, Guard, Agora, Techiyo, Mar1, Jordan, Stroumbert, need I to go on?

Its not because I can't host 20 people that there arent that many.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Please don't make excuses for my tournament. The turnout sucked, big time. The biggest disappointment, IMO, was that we couldn't even get 30 people from Montreal to show up. Why would anyone outside of Quebec even want to come if we can't even muster up a crowd bigger than a monthly in another city?

The tournament was awesome regardless, and whoever didn't come definitely missed out.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Please don't make excuses for my tournament. The turnout sucked, big time. The biggest disappointment, IMO, was that we couldn't even get 30 people from Montreal to show up. Why would anyone outside of Quebec even want to come if we can't even muster up a crowd bigger than a monthly in another city?

The tournament was awesome regardless, and whoever didn't come definitely missed out.

I feel your pain tbh. I'm sorry if I couldn't be there(I had a legit john), I would have brought some more B+ players >.<.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be honest, I'm more disappointed in Toronto than anything. I mean, I take the time to ask Toronto when a date would be appropriate to host the tournament, so it could accommodate THEM. I even personally asked KirbyKaze to check it up. But I guess they had to choke. I guess they didn't realize that I put the effort of doing this mostly for them. If they had said "no man, I think we should wait some other time" or some bs, I'd have been ok, but the way it evolved just sucks.

The best was when unknown522 posted that the bus tickets were 60 dollars, and that it was now too expensive. No one who took the bus from mtl to t.o. ever paid under 100 dollars for tickets. I don't know if they are talking about student price, but if not, I want to know where they get their deals. Maybe our tournaments aren't big enough for them anymore, if they come it has to be worth it. *shrugs* I guess money doesn't come by these days but still... disappointment all over. I can't really hold it against them either.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if it was 20 or 60 or a hundred, I played around 6 people only in brawl+, nonetheless I had more fun than FFYF2.....I don't care about the number of entrants it's the crowd that matters and thats what made the tournament fun for me!!

DEVELOPER OUT!!

I.B

Smash Lord
Sorry Reggie and all other MTLers!! I really wanted to come but I'm broke and can't afford bus. :(

i love yall

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
hmh For being in Quebec city and having to pay that 60/70 buck you talked about chet and almost an equivalent to distance and everything related to it I wonder what are these guys thinking Ive come to Montreal like 3 or 4 time for tiny smashfest and such and was 100% certain to come to this tourney but got cutoff by the bank and the weather I wonder if the whole Smash is dying in term of (I so want to play this game that i will road trip/pay a bunch) I can remember 3 and 2 even 1 years ago I saw a ton of people doing **** someone normal wouldn't do to get to play some other dudes somewhere else in Canada and the states now that brawl is out or whatever other reason all that *fougue* lol is gone or so gone to me(not the best to make a judgment for this but w/e) well anyway that tourney of yours Joel seemed cool too bad I couldn't come =/

zaf

Smash Lord
I don't care if it was 20 or 60 or a hundred, I played around 6 people only in brawl+, nonetheless I had more fun than FFYF2.....I don't care about the number of entrants it's the crowd that matters and thats what made the tournament fun for me!!

DEVELOPER OUT!!
THIS!!!!

C-let's mentality is one of the best for a smash player.

I never care about the attendance or money for that matter. I care more for the people who show up and placing. I would of loved to see some TO people come to this because, well i like to hang out and chill with those people. But if they do not show it wont take away from the tournament for me because i still have all kinds of people to see

swordgard

Smash Hero
THIS!!!!

C-let's mentality is one of the best for a smash player.

I never care about the attendance or money for that matter. I care more for the people who show up and placing. I would of loved to see some TO people come to this because, well i like to hang out and chill with those people. But if they do not show it wont take away from the tournament for me because i still have all kinds of people to see
One of the best for a smash player, one of the worst to expand a community.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
One of the best for a smash player, one of the worst to expand a community.
I can confidently say that my fests in a way or another helped expand the community a lot back in the days, not everyone wanted to show up to the weeklies but everyone came to the clet fests, I used to get as much people as you get in your tournament.... it's not like your mentality is helping expand the community at all your just arguing and making more people hate vbrawl, I never made my fests private or isolated the people I play with from the rest of the community, I never played melee but I always welcomed a melee setup, and loved the melee crowd even when they bashed brawl, but I didn't care thats what helped the community imo. I was just saying that I don't care about the attendance anymore because the game is dying here in montreal, at least the melee and brawl+ people are great and fun to be around...I don't mind playing vbrawl at all it's just that I will never want to play it with someone like you, and if you keep being in charge of the vbrawl community it will just die even more

EDIT: no need for you to reply with one of your enormous walls of text because I just don't like arguing and write and read a lot of stuff on the boards

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I can confidently say that my fests in a way or another helped expand the community a lot back in the days, not everyone wanted to show up to the weeklies but everyone came to the clet fests, I used to get as much people as you get in your tournament.... it's not like your mentality is helping expand the community at all your just arguing and making more people hate vbrawl, I never made my fests private or isolated the people I play with from the rest of the community, I never played melee but I always welcomed a melee setup, and loved the melee crowd even when they bashed brawl, but I didn't care thats what helped the community imo. I was just saying that I don't care about the attendance anymore because the game is dying here in montreal, at least the melee and brawl+ people are great and fun to be around...I don't mind playing vbrawl at all it's just that I will never want to play it with someone like you, and if you keep being in charge of the vbrawl community it will just die even more

EDIT: no need for you to reply with one of your enormous walls of text because I just don't like arguing and write and read a lot of stuff on the boards
"C"let is amazing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Eh, if someone else wants to take charge of vbrawl community go ahead, I had to because nobody else did anything. Its not like i'm the one "in charge" really tbh, the brawl community is now on aib/regional chat, I just happen to be the only one doing smashfests/tourneys. Nobody else really posts on swf save a few individuals.

As for me not welcoming melee setups or w/e, I just can't invite a lot of people, im not the owner. If I could I most probably would.

Finally, if you accept the melee crowd if they bash brawl thats your choice, I don't. I fail to see how it helps the community though. Its not that hard to try and be respectful about other games.

Hopefully this wasn't too long for you to read ; ).

swordgard

Smash Hero
So it works out right? I wouldn't mind if vbrawl was at the weeklies, but it just makes our Utopia better to imagine.
Well, I don't know exactly why vbrawl players stopped showing up at the weeklies. If vBrawl players want weeklies there they just need to talk to Jin. I'm ok with people basically not caring about vbrawl, but eh kind of tired of some people trolling the vbrawl community. Then again, people doing that are often trolling no matter what.

D

Deleted member

C-let for god tier, on that note whens the next smash fest

also what time on Wednesdays do you guys meet and where Kev tole me but i forgot (FAIL)

Whats V brawl

Steb

Smash Journeyman
quoted mongmong (NCBA owner) in the Montreal SRK thread:
"hey guys just letting you all know that NCBA will now be open from 6pm everyday and closed on mondays."

So yeah, don't show up too early now.

Also, "C"let is too good.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
About time they did too. However I noticed they'll be having online qualifiers. Does this mean there could be another disqualification issue like the Ally/Holy incident from past Gamebattles experience? :/

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I'ma ****ing kill em lol. But Holy doesn't travel much so unless he's up for it... I don't see the point, I could always buy a 2nd wii =.=

Also SMASH in general sucks in Quebec. VC7 had 115 singles entrants + 42 teams IN THIS HUGE SNOW STORM that ****ed up lots of people. Just sayin. oh right Canada owned U.S too lmao in both stuff

zaf

Smash Lord
You're always name dropping Arthur. :O
always? sorry didnt know i did it so frequently.
i also sent him a pm which is still unaswered and i dont think sending him another one would work. Im sure he gets so many pms its ridiculous , so i dont know how often he checks them. If i post here ( since he has posted recently), there is a chance he might see my post as well.

k thanks dad

kage, pkm, chesthair01, m2gay, pc chris, wait whats the name of your bf moderator who you can call here upon request so i can name drop that too

Top Bottom