• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthly Godlike #3 RESULTS! 9-20-14 Metairie, LA

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Wow, another Monthly Godlike complete, and this one was full of awesomeness! Shoutouts to the WaveShine Studios crew for putting on another great stream, and we improved our TO system so well, we even finished ON TIME!? Each event finished in about 2 hours!? Things running smoothly!? A monitor for players to view upcoming matches!? WE WERE IN THERE!!!!!!!!

Also, there were plenty of upsets abound. @ 'V' 'V' , in his last Singles tourney for Melee and PM, coming in at a respectable 4th in PM, taking out @TaylorHJ in Winner's and @Avery in Loser's. @Magi_, in his first(?) tourney outside of Baton Rouge, took out BOTH @ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt , and V in Winner's to make it to Winner's Finals, really awesome stuff. I had to push it to another gear to get through Loser's myself: @Turazrok, Taylor, @Dopey, V, and then finally getting my rematch against Magi in one of the most intense sets I've had in my whole 5 years of my Smash career. But, of course, @Lee Martin took home the gold, even though he narrowly lost the first set of GF's to me 2-3, he adjusted accordingly to sweep the second set 3-0. Lots of awesome footage to watch!

Melee's top spots were taken as most people expected them to, but it had it's own share of upsets as well (at least, by my view lol). @Rhyme_ came thisclose to pulling off the upset against me, then Kenny finished what Quin started and took me out in a last game, last stock, both of us at kill% situation.

Shoutouts to Jrot (Jarrett) for pulling off a great success. He has put in so much work into this one, planning out the TO'ing and registration, all while still running the stream.
Also, shoutouts to an awesome friend to many of us, @r0ni made an appearance! Good to see you, bro, it was a pleasure to commentate with you!
Magi, dear freaking God, your Link is phenomenal and scary, and I know you'll work on improving even after this amazing performance, and I can't wait to play you again. Keep it up!
And of course, shoutouts to V for making this tournament his final Singles tourney for Melee and PM. We couldn't have been more honored for you to choose our event for such an occasion. Thank you sooooooo much!

To watch the streamed matches for now, watch this: http://www.twitch.tv/waveshinestudios/b/570491070
Videos will be uploaded to https://www.youtube.com/user/WaveShineStudios in the near future!

Monthly Godlike 3 - PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
LEE
$90.00
2nd
Jsalt
$45.00
3rd
Magi_
$15.00
4th
V
5th
Ramses
5th
Dope
7th
CakeMatrix
7th
TaylorHJ
9th
Ghanima
9th
SKJET
9th
Chocolate Thunder
9th
Capt. Zack
13th
Sneak
13th
BAD
13th
CauthonLuck
13th
Arcadia
17th
Cocko
17th
BEES?
17th
Wango
17th
Juice
17th
sarspirate
17th
Roni
17th
DtJ | BSL
17th
Rhyme
25th
Judge Dread
25th
GOL GuyInGreen
25th
Chobin50
25th
WhataFruit
25th
BlackEndGalaxy
25th
BLU Pajamaz

PM Doubles: http://challonge.com/godlike3pmdoubles
1: Beanie Babies (Lee & V)
2: Batman and Ramses (TaylorHJ & King Ramses)
3: YoungBloods (Captain Zack & Magi)
4: Apes & Capes (JSalt & BAD)
5: CakeMatrix and Wango
5: PF Changs (Dope & -Ran)
7: Blitz: The Invincible (BSL & Turazrok)
7: Blu Juice (Blu Pajamaz & Juice)
9: Skjet & Chobin50

Monthly Godlike 3 - Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lee
$66.00
2nd
HotJ
$33.00
3rd
Dope
$11.00
4th
Ramses
5th
Kenny
5th
Shu
7th
Sarspirate
9th
OGG
9th
Rhyme
9th
V (Forfeit)
9th
Capt. Zach
13th
Uber
13th
Komic
13th
Magi_
13th
SKJET
17th
Lones
17th
CauthonLuck
17th
Sneak
17th
Ghanima
17th
HotFire
17th
WhataFruit

Melee Doubles: http://challonge.com/godlike3meleedoubles
1: Taylor and Lee
2: Dope and King Ramses
3: V and JSalt
4: Sars_Pirate and Rhyme (DOUBLE FREAKIN FALCON)
5: Ghanima and Cauthon Luck
5: Magi and Captain Zack
7: Uber and HotFire

Thanks for everyone who came out! We wouldn't have such a great event without you guys! See you all at the next one!

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
the next time i get 9th at a tourney im quitting smash

but ye ggs.

also @ Magi_ Magi_ ur like rly good keep it up
@ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt ty for hosting gr8 monthlies. like omg run really well :O
@ 'V' 'V' zelda and peach
and everyone ty for coming omg ;-;

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
@ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt , it was surely an honor to be a part of such a great event!! Hopefully I'll be able to help you guys out even more in the future. I'm looking forward to it!! Thank you!!

This tournament was really awesome!! Shoutouts to all of the peeps that took the time to come out to it, especially @ r0ni r0ni , who I rarely ever see anymore. @ Magi_ Magi_ , good to see that you've hella improved. I feel like I've helped in that regard (lol). @ Captain Zack Captain Zack , you'll be come the ultimate Waifu Warrior soon. I can feel it. Apparently your sister and I have a common friend? Too good!! @ Lee Martin Lee Martin , I love teaming with you!!

Though this may be the end of Singles for me as far as P:M and Melee go, there's still Smash 4 on the horizon. And I still have Doubles as well. Can't wait to see what the future holds for Smash here in Louisiana!!

Last edited:

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
My name is spelled in correctly it's actually
SKjet but no biggie

Top Bottom