• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monolith Soft X Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
If you're familiar with the reasoning behind Roy's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee then hear me out. I'm suggesting that a character from Monolith Soft's highly anticipated game X, be added in ssb4 as a sort of promotion for the game. It's not too farfetched if you think about it, really it's a win-win for everyone. Shulk supporters and Xenoblade fans have someone to cheer about, Nintendo gets one of their biggest upcoming games promoted big time, and Sakurai gets to shock everyone with another off the wall character.

Even though we know almost nothing about X I can almost see this happening, the big graffiti style X could be his/her logo, and the Final Smash could have him/her climb into a Doll(mech) and attack everyone on screen.

I'll update this post with more info including the X trailers, screenshots, artwork, character speculations, moveset speculations and more at a later date. See you soon X supporters.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Smash comes out in a few months, and we still have little to no info on X.

Its too late.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There would be NO reason to flash one picture of someone's face, not a character model but the only ART shown, and have it look like Shulk without it being Shulk. I'm pretty certain that Shulk will pay a big part in the game. I also have a feeling (just a feeling) your main playable character will be a customizable character, and I don't feel like that would really fit Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think there's a good chance we'll see a stage based on X in the Wii U version if Shulk makes it in as playable. Since there's a fair chance X will have come out before or around the same time as Smash Wii U.

Considering Tomodachi has a stage and it'll only be released internationally this coming June.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I highly doubt that we will get the X protagonist before Shulk or along with Shulk. Heck, we have no idea who the main protagonist is yet, let alone his name. It's just too soon and too sudden in my eyes...
Maybe we will get a stage from X like @ Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 suggested, but other than that, I doubt the X protagonist will get on the roster.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt that we will get the X protagonist before Shulk or along with Shulk. Heck, we have no idea who the main protagonist is yet, let alone his name. It's just too soon and too sudden in my eyes...
Maybe we will get a stage from X like @ Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 suggested, but other than that, I doubt the X protagonist will get on the roster.
I'm not trying to debunk Shulk. Actually Shulk could represent X, all they'd need to do is use his new character design from X, give him some new moves, and make a stage based on the new game. They could make his Xenoblade design an alt costume for all his fans. I know that sounds waay out there, but I'm just spitballing some ideas here.

There would be NO reason to flash one picture of someone's face, not a character model but the only ART shown, and have it look like Shulk without it being Shulk. I'm pretty certain that Shulk will pay a big part in the game. I also have a feeling (just a feeling) your main playable character will be a customizable character, and I don't feel like that would really fit Smash.
We really have absolutely no way of knowing whether that's Shulk or not. It could be his son for all we know. All I'm saying is that weirder things have happened.

Do we even know the protagonist's name?
No, but wouldn't revealing him for smash be one hell of a way to introduce him to the gaming world? As unlikely as that sounds it actually happened 13 years ago with Roy in Melee so it could happen again, plus what we think is likely and unlikely means absolutely nothing in a game as unpredictable as this. Weirder things have happened.

lami

Smash Journeyman
I agree with @ Gilius Thunderhead Gilius Thunderhead , the only way an X rep would get in is to promote the new game Roy style. Although Shulk as the Msoft rep would be nice.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I actually wouldn't mind an X stage, so long as we get Shulk. Although, another Nintendo game was called X as well (I thought that's what you were talking about LOL)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have a feeling X is a placeholder title...

At the same time, since at least a descendant of Shulk if not the man himself is seemingly in X, then I don't see why Shulk isn't the obvious choice anyway.

That, and as I said when someone suggested an X stage in the Shulk thread: Most stages are chosen because they're either interesting, or players have a connection to the games and music. It makes more sense to get something like Prison island than some random ass place no one's played yet in X.

Maybe if they do DLC stages.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Half the people here are from the Shulk thread, but that makes sense. I'd only think the X protagonist, assuming it isn't Shulk, would be a good idea if Xenoblade got two reps as a series in the same vein as Marth and Roy in Melee. However, I highly doubt that will happen and as much as I'm opposed to an X stage over one of Xenoblade's memorable environments, that seems like the more likely choice if X were to get representation. My best guess is that we may receive a song or trophy from X at the most. Character, stage, etc should go to Xenoblade. I am a fan of the X logo and can't wait to see the final name

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a good chance we'll see a stage based on X in the Wii U version if Shulk makes it in as playable. Since there's a fair chance X will have come out before or around the same time as Smash Wii U.

Considering Tomodachi has a stage and it'll only be released internationally this coming June.
but Sakurai mentioned that the 3ds version (which will come out in the summer) will have the same roster as Wii u version. I doubt u could place dlc for 3ds.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
but Sakurai mentioned that the 3ds version (which will come out in the summer) will have the same roster as Wii u version. I doubt u could place dlc for 3ds.
I would imagine the X stage would be exclusive to the Wii U version.

If Shulk is playable it would make sense for both versions to have a Xenoblade Chronicles stage.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. DOUBLE POSTING YOUR THOUGHTS. 100% agree.

There is only really most likely reason they showed SHULK pic at the end and I'm pretty sure that was clearly shulk.

The gematsu leak seems to be true so far IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom