• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Momentum glitch, Ganon Utilt

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
For some odd reason, with some fast fallers, ganondorf's Utilt creates a strange momentum glitch. When you use an ariel forward-B into a delayed Utilt when the CPU is shiek at 0 - 35%, her momentum acts strangely. on impact w/ Utilt, she flies upwards about 2x ganon's height straight upwards w/o smoke trails or electric effect, then gets shot downwards and away from ganon w/ smoke trails. I've gotten the glitch to work on both Green Hill Zone and Final Destination, although the results are not consistent. Can anyone else recreate this glitch?

*Another video provided by Kally Wally.

Edit: Glitch is most likely caused by SDI upward by CPU, although not sure if it still qualifies as a serious glitch.

Player -0

Smash Hero
For some odd reason, with some fast fallers, ganondorf's Utilt creates a strange momentum glitch. When you use an ariel forward-B into a delayed Utilt when the CPU is shiek at 0 - 35%, her momentum acts strangely. on impact w/ Utilt, she flies upwards about 2x ganon's height straight upwards w/o smoke trails or electric effect, then gets shot downwards and away from ganon w/ smoke trails. I've gotten the glitch to work on both Green Hill Zone and Final Destination, although the results are not consistent. Can anyone else recreate this glitch?
This sounds sick, I need to try this, it might be the way they redid what the moves do.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Could you perhaps provide a video?
I can try, but I don't exactly have any recording devices for composite cables (I should seriously get one). I could try using my phone, although I don't know how good it'll turn out.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You could save a replay using the WiFi codeset.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
This sounds sick, I need to try this, it might be the way they redid what the moves do.
Do you think you could tell us if you got it to work? I provided video evidence of the glitch so you can try and replicate it if you like.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I also got this to work. I'll post a higher quality video of it tomorrow, if nobody else has done so by then.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I also got this to work. I'll post a higher quality video of it tomorrow, if nobody else has done so by then.
If you do this, then I will gladly place it in the main post alongside my video. Thanks for the contribution!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This looks like the CPU is doing massive SDI upwards. This happened in Melee as well. A lot of times it involved being floored/missing a tech and then getting hit again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah after watching that video, I'm 99.99% positive it's SDI. CPU's randomly do it in massive quantities, almost exclusively upwards

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Top Bottom