• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MODS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS FLAMEFEST!!! :( Kirby Theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajan

Smash Cadet
@ Trajan-

First off let me be the first one to welcome you to Earth. See here on Earth there are people here that actually like Kirby. I will agree that the Kirby series is a little childish, but he and his series are cool. I am not going to argue with you about whether or not the Kirby series sucks b/c you are entitled to your opinion, but don't go saying that people have issues if they like Kirby and they are over five years old. So if you would kindly go back to your rock you live under that would be much appreciated.
I can only laugh at your pathetic attempts to insult me. If you are not 5 years old, then you simply act as a 5 year old would.

The problem with human society is that some people actually like kirby. People like that in the gene pool result in humanity's future looking bad.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Obviously what you are 99% sure of means nothing eh? And since you thought it was so IMPOSSIBLE that this game had 700 staff, and it actually did, that means that YOU know absolutely nothing about game design. Burned by your own ignorance. That's gotta hurt. How many posts I got left? 3? My friend INSISTED on observing to ensure that I reach 50 posts before leaving this forum....**** I should never have agreed to that. At the time, wasting 5 minutes in a forum seemed like less of a loss than 20 bucks.
I believe I already proved you wrong and showed how little you know about the production of a game.

100 staff members for the project!

700 people credited! This includes supervisors and contractors.

You are w-r-o-n-g.

Break

Smash Apprentice
You can NEVER have enough Kirby. That's really all there is to it.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Trajan said:
Why would I appreciate Sakurai's effort?
Better question, why are you here? If you don't appreciate it or think it's any good, why are you here on SmashBoards?
Trajan said:
The problem with human society is that some people actually like kirby. People like that in the gene pool result in humanity's future looking bad.
Are you serious?!? I hope my family line crosses with yours and "poisons" the gene pool with an appreciation for a good game. Get your 50 posts and get out of here!

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I can only laugh at your pathetic attempts to insult me. If you are not 5 years old, then you simply act as a 5 year old would.

Haha what. I saw no insults at all.

Honestly, go play Kirby's Superstar, and quit trying to arouse some anti-Kirby cult.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman

I hope you realize the irony in that statement.

Trajan

Smash Cadet
I believe I already proved you wrong and showed how little you know about the production of a game.

100 staff members for the project!

700 people credited! This includes supervisors and contractors.

You are w-r-o-n-g.
The Sakurai-Iwata interview says 700 STAFF. By Iwata's definition, SSBB had 700 STAFF.

And Iwata, being the president of a hugely successful international corporation, obviously knows a hell of a lot more about what the definition of staff is than you do, some random kirby sympathizer. (kirby sympathizers would be punished with jail time in an ideal world....but in an ideal world kirby wouldn't even exist)

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
The Sakurai-Iwata interview says 700 STAFF. By Iwata's definition, SSBB had 700 STAFF.

And Iwata, being the president of a hugely successful international corporation, obviously knows a hell of a lot more about what the definition of staff is than you do, some random kirby sympathizer. (kirby sympathizers would be punished with jail time in an ideal world....but in an ideal world kirby wouldn't even exist)
In an ideal world, your mother would've used a condom.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman

You just don't understand what those extra 600 people actually do.

If you honestly think those 600 people had a big hand in the making of this game. You quite simply are a ****ing idiot.

That is all there is to it. It's simple.

(To be fair though, he did have a large staff, 100 is pretty big for a single project.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

You fail

Commit Hara-kiri now

Trajan

Smash Cadet
Better question, why are you here? If you don't appreciate it or think it's any good, why are you here on SmashBoards?
You clearly didn't read my posts. Normally I would simply assume that you had ADHD, or that you were incapable of reading, as most kirby fans undoubtedly are. But since you actually included some punctuation in your post, I'm assuming you just didn't bother to read my post.

I lost a bet to a friend. I bet him that Obama would win California and he didn't. This was his obscene idea of a good punishment for losing the bet.

I must admit it has been amusing and interesting. You internet gnomes really do like ordering people to do things, and even believe that people care what you think. I'll have to remember this....people on the internet think other people care about their opinions, when they actually don't. Some harsh reality checks for you fools out there.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
No seriously, should I make a "KIRBY: THE ANTI-CHRIST" macro just for this thread?

Trajan

Smash Cadet
You fail

Commit Hara-kiri now
See? Random internet gnome thinks that real people actually care about his opinion.

Only internet gnomes care about the opinions of other internet gnomes. Real people don't care about what EVERY forum member on the internet thinks, let alone one.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
You clearly didn't read my posts. Normally I would simply assume that you had ADHD, or that you were incapable of reading, as most kirby fans undoubtedly are. But since you actually included some punctuation in your post, I'm assuming you just didn't bother to read my post.

I lost a bet to a friend. I bet him that Obama would win California and he didn't. This was his obscene idea of a good punishment for losing the bet.

I must admit it has been amusing and interesting. You internet gnomes really do like ordering people to do things, and even believe that people care what you think. I'll have to remember this....people on the internet think other people care about their opinions, when they actually don't. Some harsh reality checks for you fools out there.
Dear Troll,

I did read your post and based on it, you're well past forty posts, please leave the boards.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
See? Random internet gnome thinks that real people actually care about his opinion.

Only internet gnomes care about the opinions of other internet gnomes. Real people don't care about what EVERY forum member on the internet thinks, let alone one.
Then wither away without even your honor

and same applies to you...no one cares about your idiotic opinions

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Trajan said:
Have a nice life moron!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
yea, we will bash on you for hating kirby. sakurai is the father of kirby, and kirby deserves everything to be buffed and stronger than melee. i believe this game is very balanced and has an amazing storyline. if you don't like kirby then tell sakurai he made a ****ty game. but kirby has to be the cutest, and most badass character of all time

Trajan

Smash Cadet
No seriously, should I make a "KIRBY: THE ANTI-CHRIST" macro just for this thread?
Nah, the Anti-Christ would have to be somewhat cool and imposing, not pathetic and squalid. Kirby is a piece of **** painted pink give anime eyes, it's just not fair to oppose him with jesus.

Really. How can you people with IQs over 40 actually like Kirby and not commit suicide? He's a pink lump with shiny eyes, and you people love him. Thank God for natural selection, which I can only hope will thin your numbers. And possibly an overdose of Ritalin, hopefully it has deadly and little known side effects.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman

To be totally honest. I don't care about your opinions, what you think, or you as a person. Because you're a faceless internet user.

However, I will attempt to explain to even a faceless internet user than an extravagant claim like a dedicated staff of 700 for one game is wrong.

Trajan

Smash Cadet
yea, we will bash on you for hating kirby. sakurai is the father of kirby, and kirby deserves everything to be buffed and stronger than melee. i believe this game is very balanced and has an amazing storyline. if you don't like kirby then tell sakurai he made a ****ty game. but kirby has to be the cutest, and most badass character of all time
It's fitting that I make my last post in this hell hole to a freak who has both a kirby avatar and kirby signature. He sucks. Noone likes him, except losers like you, who dwell all day in this forums with black background and white text that hurts anyone's eyes, even though I only wasted half an hour here.

I'm outta here! Carry on. Ie, continue to waste your lives here. I suppose it was somewhat worthwhile learning what these seething scum sanctuaries of anonymous internet forums were like.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Nah, the Anti-Christ would have to be somewhat cool and imposing, not pathetic and squalid. Kirby is a piece of **** painted pink give anime eyes, it's just not fair to oppose him with jesus.

Really. How can you people with IQs over 40 actually like Kirby and not commit suicide? He's a pink lump with shiny eyes, and you people love him. Thank God for natural selection, which I can only hope will thin your numbers. And possibly an overdose of Ritalin, hopefully it has deadly and little known side effects.
Well, you sure treat him like that. =/

I'm just laughing.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
well that was amusing wasn't it guys? Too bad he treated us like dirt, and not the normal people that we are

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921

Actually Kirby is not known for its cutesy, child-like appeal. It's known for its game play mechanics which promote an easy start into gaming which was always Sakurai's plan with the Kirby series. Smash works very much in the same way. Easy to learn, hard to master. Kirby represents to many gamers the beginning of their gaming youth. The fact that you don't recognize this shows how truly ignorant you are when it comes to gaming.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
We don't LOVE Kirby or worship him in cult fashion. Hey, you have an opinion, just keep it to yourself!!! You come onto these forums and OPENLY INSULT everyone on them! I'll be glad to see you gone!

skiks

Smash Cadet
I like Kirby. I don't even play his games at all. I think your hate for him has blinded you.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
*Phew* The troll is gone.
Wasting our lives....I'm not on here constantly, but I'm sure glad I was here to see this! So nice to know what humanity can be like. Hope he gets beat down when he decides to talk this smack to someone in real life!
Oh well, back to your Brawl preparations my fellow "internet gnomes"! :laugh:

Rash

Smash Ace
Considering that Meta Knight is pretty much a two-foot tall round puff (similar to Kirby), they made him pretty freakin' badass. There's a reason he's a fan favorite.

The Kirby series deserved more representation, and it got it with the only two sensical other Kirby characters worth adding to a Smash Brothers game. I really can't see why anyone could complain.

Now, the resemblances between Brawl's interface/SSE and Kirby's is a different story. But, I mean, if it works, it works.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Does anymore remember where this thread was going before it got hijacked?
Nowhere, not even then. This topic is so done. At least it gave me something to do, today was uneventful.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I now have mixed feelings about this thread. People made some excellent points, but they're all surrounded by flames. I think I'll keep it, but stop hating on each other because you like or don't like Kirby. I like Kirby a lot, but I really don't think he deserved this much prominence in Brawl compared to the other franchises. I blame myself for thinking this would go anywhere.
Mods, *tear*, please close.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
That was fun, yay for me talking part in my first flame war on a forum! Yipee!

ON TOPIC: Holy crap i just bought Kirby Squeak Squad today. Best game I've played in awhile

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out to you already, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

You call yourself a Nintendo fan, you seem to be okay with Mario, but you're not okay with Kirby and Pokemon?

Why do you like Nintendo then? Nintendo is probably the king of "kiddie games," I can only think of three franchises off the top of my head that are first party Nintendo that are not "Kiddie," and one of them only counts sometimes, while another is debatable. Those would be Zelda, Metriod and Star Fox. Most of the Zelda, games can be "kiddie" in level and character design, especially on the hand helds, and Star Fox has talking animals in it, so really the only true "non-kiddie" game is Metroid. I guess Fire Emblem counts too, but it's mostly Japan only.

Why do you call yourself a Nintendo fan again?

Otherwise, I do think you're right that they focused a little too much on Kirby in SSE.

Edit: I'm a bit late to the party it seems, but I think my point still stands.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
Aww, Trajan is gone? that was really funny to read, I was already preparing my post... I think he was way more childish than Kirby, little kids often insult childish things.
He has to be one of the most idiotic persons I've seen in internet...

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out to you already, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

You call yourself a Nintendo fan, you seem to be okay with Mario, but you're not okay with Kirby and Pokemon?

Why do you like Nintendo then? Nintendo is probably the king of "kiddie games," I can only think of three franchises off the top of my head that are first party Nintendo that are not "Kiddie," and one of them only counts sometimes, while another is debatable. Those would be Zelda, Metriod and Star Fox. Most of the Zelda, games can be "kiddie" in level and character design, especially on the hand helds, and Star Fox has talking animals in it, so really the only true "non-kiddie" game is Metroid. I guess Fire Emblem counts too, but it's mostly Japan only.

Why do you call yourself a Nintendo fan again?

Otherwise, I do think you're right that they focused a little too much on Kirby in SSE.

Edit: I'm a bit late to the party it seems, but I think my point still stands.
Not sure who you're talking to...I agree for the most part--with you and with a lot of people who posted (including whoever brought up the Kirby toonishness to begin with). Zelda should never have been kiddie-fied, and I hate Toon Link. That was the one mature Nintendo game (Metroid took a break for a while) I had to play for a long time and then they ruined it with WW et al. I appreciate Kirby for what it is, but Brawl is ludicrously unbalanced.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
The fact that you think WW ruined the Zelda series makes you fail in my book, sorry Mikau...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom