• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods, could you lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
What part of 512mb do people not ****ing get? ITS IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO MEMORY CONSTRAINTS. SUCH THE **** UP ABOUT DLC.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Holy d***, the amount of bigotry in this thread is staggering. Step back a minute and look at yourselves.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Wow, FIVE Mother characters?

I adore the series (enjoyed it long before Ness popped up in SSB64) but I think that's WAY too many characters...

...and you know one of Lucas's alternate color schemes in Claus, right?

Shuma

Smash Hero
This thread like 50% of the General forum is a waste of bandwith and i'm using it as an excuse to up my postcount, good sir. You serve for the great mastaers of spam inc. Have a nice day.

+1 post

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wow, FIVE Mother characters?

I adore the series (enjoyed it long before Ness popped up in SSB64) but I think that's WAY too many characters...

...and you know one of Lucas's alternate color schemes in Claus, right?
He didn't say that he expected them all in. They are all "possibilities." He could have listed all the potential Pokemon, but you wouldn't think that he expected 400 or so Pokemon to be playable, would you?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Flaming Dragon Wang, you are the reason why GameFAQs' Brawl Board is better than Smashboard's Brawl Board, right now.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
This thread hurts my brain.

As people have no doubt mentioned before

the seven incomplete are the most obvious new characters
Nintendo set the precedent trophy wise, they can break it
5 mother characters from a game not released in europe is absurd
everything else that has been said in opposition to this idea

I wouldn't go to far sam, smashboards doesn';t have a 30 page long "Nana is hot" thread, thats one thing this website has against gamefaqs at least.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
No Geno sorry, and you missed alot of obvious ones. Felix (Isaac is an AT, we got Felix's music so) , K. Rool (Probably the biggest one you missed...), Krystal (How do you not put her but put all those unknown people lol) will be in before any of your listed ones.

Yeah this is a "who you wish was in" list.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The only possibilities are:

- Dixie Kong
- Toon Zelda/Sheik
- Plusle & Minun
- Dr. Mario
- Roy
- Mewtwo

Since they are actually coded onto the disc. They'd only need to give you the rest of the code or code to open them up, assuming the rest were on the second layer of the disc.

Thinking anyone other than them would be possible DLC is just silly.

Tek32

Smash Cadet
And if anything, Baby Bowser would be one of the most likely inductions to the roster.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like what everyone else is saying, what's your logic behind this reasoning? Also:

Sigurd is one of Marth's ALTs.
Ashley has a stage cameo.
Sakurai said that Sukapon would probably never become playable simply because of how complex he is.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Keep thinking of Sukapon...

Sakurai has no plans of adding him, he mentioned it before.

And... Lupo Aro, that's Ike.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Claus
Kumatora
Poo
Paula
Duster
Micaiah
Roy
Sigurd
Vaati
Geno
Dr. Mario
Ashley
Demille (Tomato Adventure)
Lolo (Eggerland)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Takamaru
Lip

And even a lot of these are kind of unlikely, like Demille and Sukapon. Every other character is either a boss, a miscellaneous trophy, in a stage background, or simply not important enough to get in. The only other three I can think of are Mach Rider, Marina Lightyear, Glover, Muddy Mole, and Mike Jones, all of which are still quite unlikely.
[/COLOR]
Man, you're an idiot, and you can't count.

Please read the entire first post before forming an opinion. My reasoning is perfectly valid, and I don't know why everybody's being such a b*tch about it.

RamOne, what the f*ck does counting have to do with anything?

I'm done arguing about this. Every single argument is the same.

READ THE EARLIER PAGES.

I already addressed all of this.

Smash Ace
I'll give you pints for including Dr. Mario and Roy...
but other than that, this is just another rumor from yet another unreliable source. All sources are unreliable until they are proved/disproved.
haha.

(I like pies)
=2007=

S2026

Smash Rookie
download-able content would be nice and I can think of more then a few characters that are worthy of inclusion. Right now it's just speculation though. :\ I'd like to see:
Bowser Jr.
Little Mac
Geno
Dr. Mario
Roy
Pig Gannon

and i'm sure we could all come up with some more.

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
If DLC happens, it'll only be the 7 found in the game's code. I'm sure this has come up elsewhere in the thread, but nobody seems to acknowledge it - there's no way in hell anyone that isn't Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik or Plusle/Minun will be added to the game, and even for those guys it's pretty unlikely.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
This is just a bunch of lame characters that don't appear in Brawl at all, no way Nintendo would save this lousy bunch of characters for DLing

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The point where your logic fails is where you say "these are the only characters that could get in." Yeah, there is all sorts of logical support to throw around in terms of which characters could be candidates, but you can't just list a few popular (and a few unpopular) characters and say "this is it," regardless of who they are.

Besides, you say that all of the characters on the list you made suck? There are several on there I'd like to see in, along with some other characters that would definitely have a shot.

The point where your logic fails is where you say "these are PROBABLY[/COLOR]the only characters that could get in." Yeah, there is all sorts of logical support to throw around in terms of which characters could be candidates, but you can't just list a few popular (and a few unpopular) characters and say "this is it," regardless of who they are.

Besides, you say that all of the characters on the list you made suck? There are several on there I'd like to see in, along with some other characters that would definitely have a shot.

Poor text comprehension skills? It's ok, you aren't unique around here.

Anyway, my point was that characters that everybody thinks are far more likely to be DLC are already trophies, like Krystal, Mewtwo, and K.Rool. If popular characters like these didn't make it, why would Vaati or Kumatora make it?

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
firstly this guy has some logic. There isn't much left of characters to play that aren't bosses, AT's or guest appearances. And those left, minus geno, kinda suck.

secondly this should be locked. It is one huge argument after another. Oh this guy isn't on your list, he is the sh*t or this guy has no logic. It's a flamewar up in this ma!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Please read the entire first post before forming an opinion. My reasoning is perfectly valid, and I don't know why everybody's being such a b*tch about it.

RamOne, what the f*ck does counting have to do with anything?

I'm done arguing about this. Every single argument is the same.

READ THE EARLIER PAGES.

I already addressed all of this.
I've read everything and your logic still sucks.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Explain why your logic is better, then. Seeing as how you're so smart, and everything.
It's better because I know that there's no factors that effect who should be playable or not unless the factor is that Sakurai announces on the DOJO or an alternate and accurate source that a said character will not be playable. Like Assist Trophies for example. There's NOTHING official that says that a past trophy cannot be a character in said game. Hell, we even got alternate ROB trophies, alternate Toon Link trophies, and even an alternate trophy for Fox. How do you know this is not the same? The Mewtwo trophy is as a basic Pokemon, while if he was in Brawl, his Brawl trophy would be as a Brawler not a basic Pokemon.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
It's better because I know that there's no factors that effect who should be playable or not unless the factor is that Sakurai announces on the DOJO or an alternate and accurate source that a said character will not be playable. Like Assist Trophies for example. There's NOTHING official that says that a past trophy cannot be a character in said game. Hell, we even got alternate ROB trophies, alternate Toon Link trophies, and even an alternate trophy for Fox. How do you know this is not the same? The Mewtwo trophy is as a basic Pokemon, while if he was in Brawl, his Brawl trophy would be as a Brawler not a basic Pokemon.
Bingo. The only characters completely deconfirmed are those as Assist Trophies, and most of those characters would make absolutely horrible playables anyway (save Lyn, who is the only one I still say should have been a playable).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think your real point is that you have horrible taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom