• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods, could you lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Sorry to say this, Wang, but you've only succeeded in bringing out the pure stupidity in people. Honestly, it's appalling how hard it is for you people to talk about this without demeaning each other.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I really don't think DLC can ever happen simply because there isn't enough space on the Wii to fit them. I think even a VC takes up much less memory than a single character.

But yes nod to Paula, Kuma and Duster. Although I thought Boney should be a good character though. I'd love to kick butt as a dog which combos people a lot and barks while doing it at the same time.
Fighting as a dog would be awesome, but I'm afraid of what the PETA will say.

I understand the logic now, but it's possible that Krystal and such have a chance in this case considering that there is a Mario Strikers trophy. Not to mention that they could arrange it where her current trophy becomes the classical trophy.

Employee: Okay, Mewtwo is now ready for download!

Sakurai: Okay, now to just- OH GREAT SCOTT!!!!!!!!!

Employee: What's wrong?

Sakurai: I just realized! Mewtwo is a trophy!

Employee:...........so?

Sakurai: SO!? What if people beat classic mode with mewtwo!?

Employee:.....we can just make another mewtwo trophy....or give them the same troph-

Sakurai: ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME!?!?!?! DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK IN THE BOX!!!??

Employee: NO! Not again!!!!!!!!

Sakurai: I thought so! I'm not a professional game designer for nothing!!

In short, your logic phailz.
If Sakurai had planned to make Mewtwo DLC, I would think he wouldn't have made Mewtwo a regular trophy beforehand. It doesn't make much sense. Plus, if you'd read Mewtwo's trophy description, it doesn't imply any sort of playability.

Id Mewtwo were DLC, don't you think Sakurai would have made special trophies for them?

I had this exact argument yesterday and I'm not looking forward to another one.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
I don't see the reason for all the flames. He's simply stating the possibilities of downloadable characters. Do you people have reading problems or something?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see the reason for all the flames. He's simply stating the possibilities of downloadable characters. Do you people have reading problems or something?
This is Smashboards, what do you think?

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
I believe Lolo has a better shot as an assist trophy than a character. Although having a Lolo and Lala pair would be awesome.

King K. Rool might also be a good fit. With his history in the Donkey Kong games, he's built up a solid collection of moves that can be used. Not to mention that his rights are owned by Nintendo.

If I remember correctly, Geno's rights are owned by Square. As unfortunate as it is (Geno is awesome), I don't think we'll be seeing him in Brawl.

I honestly should have seen it coming. Touching upon a subject like this in Smashboards is like running through the middle of a lion cage naked with BBQ sauce all of over my body.

I believe Lolo has a better shot as an assist trophy than a character. Although having a Lolo and Lala pair would be awesome.

King K. Rool might also be a good fit. With his history in the Donkey Kong games, he's built up a solid collection of moves that can be used. Not to mention that his rights are owned by Nintendo.

If I remember correctly, Geno's rights are owned by Square. As unfortunate as it is (Geno is awesome), I don't think we'll be seeing him in Brawl.
I really wanted K.Rool in Brawl, but he's a trophy. :(

EDIT: Oh sweet jesus no I did it again I have no choice but to take my own life.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I don't see that it really matters if a character has a trophy or has another role in the game. Just because a precedent is "set" doesn't mean that it can't be broken. Perhaps the characters will be vs Mode only. We can't really say.

That said, I don't think Downloadable Characters will be a reality. But if it is, the "forbidden seven", especially Mewtwo and Roy, are the likliest, just because data already exists for them.

The trophy arguement is a shallow an easily defeatable arguement. Nintendo can really do anything to the game, despite all present precedents. The points is probably moot anyway, though.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Yep. You officially can't read worth sh*t.

Mother has five DLC candidates because there's plenty of untapped Mother characters. The reason Mario only has one is because every other important Mario character has been reduced to trophy status. Waluigi? AT. Daisy? Alt. Costume. Birdo? Trophy. Bowser Jr.? Trophy. And so on.

Yes, Miis suck. Sakurai may not think so. Why wouldn't a Mii be in Brawl? They're popular enough to be.

Read the whole first post before sounding like a f*ckwit.
If anything, trophies have more likelihood of becoming characters, bested only by the hidden models. And I'd be very surprised not one of those Mother characters didn't make trophy status. As far as I'm concerned, this is just another opinionated thread--we have like five DLC threads already and this has already been discussed. You don't need to create a new thread for every single thought that comes into your mind--just post it where it belongs.
I agree that Sakurai might like Miis, but I think we have enough evidence to prove him legally insane, so his opinion isn't worth ****.
Did anyone seriously think that Waluigi, Daisy, and Birdo were important enough to the Mario franchise to deserve their own moveset over BJ and Toad? I'd love to know what people are smoking on this forum, because it would make me hate these suggestions a lot less...

G-X

Smash Apprentice
And even a lot of these are kind of unlikely, like Demille and Sukapon. Every other character is either a boss, a miscellaneous trophy, in a stage background, or simply not important enough to get in.
Isn't Ness in a stage background?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only people Sakurai specifically said can't be characters are AT characters...Trophies mean ****

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
The only possible characters to get in:

Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Plusle & Minun

Now the only characters of this group that are not already in Brawl as a trophy.

Roy
Dr. Mario

Also where are you getting this whole three trophies per character thing for Brawl? All I can see is a Character Trophy and a Final Smash Trophy from the trophy descriptions I've got.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Plusle & Minun

Now the only characters of this group that are not already in Brawl as a trophy.

Roy
Dr. Mario

Also where are you getting this whole three trophies per character thing for Brawl? All I can see is a Character Trophy and a Final Smash Trophy from the trophy descriptions I've got.
All-Star.
;ahsflkhdf

Durse

Smash Rookie

Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Plusle & Minun

Roy
Dr. Mario

What is so special about those six characters? Everyone mentions them.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
Characters that already have models (and data) in the game are more likely DLC candidates.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I still fail to see how Mewtwo's trophy excludes him from ever becoming playable. Dont most of the Classic trophies in Melee just talk about the character outside Smash and dont say straight out they are playable either? Not to mention their model is hardly ever their Melee model... Only the second and third trophies talk about their moves and play style, and use their Smash model.

Or is that not the case in Brawl?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you give me a video of one of these All-Star Trophies then I will take back what I say... But so far I have trophy descriptions for every darn trophy ever, and I'm not seeing more than two.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
What no Dixie kong...I thought she was one of the characters that was supposed to be in???

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Yeah, 16 characters, 5 of which are Mother, 3 are Fire Emblem, and a handful of others are also japan-only. Where the hell is your logic behind this list?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still fail to see how Mewtwo's trophy excludes him from ever becoming playable. Dont most of the Classic trophies in Melee just talk about the character outside Smash and dont say straight out they are playable either? Not to mention their model is hardly ever their Melee model... Only the second and third trophies talk about their moves and play style, and use their Smash model.

Or is that not the case in Brawl?
They do, but the classic trophies are the most detailed trophies and are the character's profile art.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Krystal? And who says that a character being a boss/AT changes the chances of them being a downloadable character. Sure it would be weird for a character to be both, especially when the game first came out. But if they were added later I don't think it would matter if they were a boss or AT when they first came out. Of course the only boss anyone wanted playable was Ridley but still....

As for AT when they patch the character they could always patch the AT as well. Lets say they make Issac playable, Felix could become the AT that Issac was.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, which characters already have models?
Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, and Plusle & Minun are in the playable character code... Mewtwo and Roy are the most complete, hence why they would be the first two downloadable characters... and Mewtwo is more complete than Roy, so Mewtwo would likely be first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom