• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods, Admins and people with the know-how, please read. (Regarding signatures)

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Like many people on this board, I've found that it's impossible to post an image into my signature, I've tried to contact mods and admins on the situation but that hasn't worked so far.

In my edit signature box there is no "insert image" icon and both "Allow Code" & "Can Upload Images for Signature" say no.

Is there any way a mod can change this? And if not, is there a specific reason.

Thanks.:)

Wight

Smash Apprentice
You cant upload images to this site, thats probably why you are having problems because you are looking for a place to import an image.

Go to imageshack.us or some other site which allows you to upload images. Then copy the DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE URL. Embed it
or press the image with the little mountain landscape.

If you need further help you are welcome to PM me.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
The problem is i do not have permission to post an image in my signature. Any url i upload will remain that, a url surrounded by Those things.

Are there any mods who can answer my question?

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Imageshack is a horrible image upload site. Use Maj.com, it's a much more reliable site to use, because the ENTIRE WORLD doesn't use it. Maj also doesn't have bandwidth limits, so you won't get broken images from too much viewing.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering this, too.
If you're not allowed sig images until a certain number of posts, it should say somewhere. (I looked.)

Micahc

Smash Ace
Imageshack is a horrible image upload site. Use Maj.com, it's a much more reliable site to use, because the ENTIRE WORLD doesn't use it. Maj also doesn't have bandwidth limits, so you won't get broken images from too much viewing.
Quoted for the Truth.

You should be able to do it like this:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There's a Forum Disputes forum where you can complain about things, and there's a Q&A thread stickied in the Pool Room.

Use one of those.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
I didn't have this enabled at first but later on it became enabled for me. I'm not sure how though.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
well since there is a thread about sigs here....what is the size limit on sigs? I've kept mine small because I don't know what the limit is.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
There's a Forum Disputes forum where you can complain about things, and there's a Q&A thread stickied in the Pool Room.

Use one of those.
Surely now that I've made this topic i shouldn't just leave it unresolved.

Any answer that i recieve from the Q&A thread can be given to me just as easily here

Also, i sent a private message to samurai panda earlier this week and one to youko today and have heard back from neither. Even if you don't know how to solve my problem at least reply.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
well since there is a thread about sigs here....what is the size limit on sigs? I've kept mine small because I don't know what the limit is.
Taken straight from the global rules thread:

Signature Rules: Remember, no more than 8 lines maximum in a signature (about 125 pixels) and no images wider than 550px -- and watch the filesizes of images. Large images will be removed! Any signatures longer will be automatically clipped off. Also, if you post something really short, don't use your signature if it's longer than what you posted. Remember not to use really wide images that stretch out the page, either. Violators may have their profiles locked at an administrator's discretion.

Surely now that I've made this topic i shouldn't just leave it unresolved.

Any answer that i recieve from the Q&A thread can be given to me just as easily here

Also, i sent a private message to samurai panda earlier this week and one to youko today and have heard back from neither. Even if you don't know how to solve my problem at least reply.
Youko and SamuraiPanda are nothing more than the Brawl Room peace keepers. They're really not that important, seeing that this room is nothing but spam anyway. :p. If you go into the Pool Room, super mods and admins answer the questions most of the time. Most mods hate this room, and therefore stay out of it.

I'm no one special, so I don't know what to tell ya. Try the Q&A thread.

Top Bottom