• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Um, jotun's from Austin not Cove. anyway I have an uncle who lives in Arlington so if I need to I can stay with him.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Well for anyone in Houston with transportation woes, I'll be driving up from there and I plan on getting a caravan together. So anyone who needs a ride from Houston, let me know closer to the date ;)

Perhaps we can get something similar for Austin and other areas?

-Scav

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
JJ- yea, according to his post atleast. Put hit me up on aim (tennisjun), cause i heard you live near dallas, and we have smash gatherings every friday ( last one was at mine, where we posted this thread).

Jw- does anyone hear have any problems with the rules set ( stages, stock, time limit). And to put in my vote for the one or two day question- if we can generate enough interest, go for two days.

It's the MOAST wonderful time of the year.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It's only been a day, JJ ;) and barely that. We have 5 months before MOASTday, and at least 2-3 months before we start confirming attendees.

Anden will be living within shouting distance (if you can shout for five hours). So don't worry about who's confirmed or not, just start practicin'.

-Scav

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
I hope your happy scav now you've got me excited about moast. Why does it have to be in January? Waiting for moast is gonna be the hardest part.

JJ

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Scavenger382

Anden will be living within shouting distance (if you can shout for five hours). So don't worry about who's confirmed or not, just start practicin'.

-Scav
yea you are right i should start practin i have but i need some more if i want to beat anybody.

Blind

Honorbound
Well gee. It sounds like I'm not leaving my room until I have mastered every technical skill known to SSBM. I just hope you fellows are ready for my big tournament debut... you can find me where the booing is the loudest.
I cannot tell you guys how psyched I am - meeting new smashers, having lots of pizza, possibly being decimated by some of the best players out there... and a chance to bet on level 1 computers? I just hope I don't come out of MOAST with a gambling addiction, a fat tummy and a low self esteem.

Good luck to Texas and to not-Texas: I am waiting for you.

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Yo, if my job and school and everything hold out and I can throw down enough cash for a plane ticket from Ohio you know that I will be there.

Unless someone from Equals D or another random Ohio player, that is good, comes out with me, I think that JesusFreak is going to be my partner. Someone tell me that he is good...

Anyway, I am going to be throwing updates or whatever down in here when I got more information under my wing, but until then, I am out.

EDIT: JJ, if you really want to practice and everything to get good, if I make it, we will play for some cash and you can size up how well you have been practicing. Deal?

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Jesusfreak? Man I hope your kidding. Good luck with jf as your partner.

J/K He is pretty good and I'm glad to hear that your thinking of coming to this.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Lookin for Partner

my partner quit smash, so if anyone is interested in being my partner in the teams tournament let me know

Essence

Smash Journeyman
OMFG, the MOAST III is coming... Well, definetely count me and the rest of V-Town in for coming to this. There is no way in H3LL I am missing this. Also, anyone want some $5 money match CF dittos? Well, I'm really looking foward to this, and I hope alot of people can make it. See you guys there.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks interesting. If my finances permit it (ie: I stop being completely broke within the next few months) I might just try and make it to this. I would like for it to be two days with a team tournament though, if possible. It's quite a long trip, so I'd want as much Smash as possible. I can't make any prommises, but I will try. I just hope I can get the money before tickets go up, right now they're at an amazingly low 400 euro's!

Also, I know I probably don't even have to ask, but hows the housing for OOC? Like with TG I'd have to come a few days early to deal with Jet Lag, so I'd probably need a bit more housing the most people.

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I was told yesterday that my place will be the headquaters for MOAST 3. I'm not to sure about that though because my lease expires on December. I might renew my lease in the same complex just on the first floor :). Other than that I have some news for the current D-krew

I'm off Monday through Friday of this week, smashfest at my place tomorrow. Should start at 3:00pm, so whatever time you get to my place make sure its after 3. I'm doing the graveyard shift today so I'm going to be tired as **** when I get home. Working from 5 30 am to 6 30 am the next mornin isn't fun.

But yeah, thats whats going to happen. We can have one extra TV. I really want this to be turned based so that everyone trys their best to stay in the game because of the line. It shouldn't be a problem since it will only be Silas, Scav, Sevens, and maybe even Cory there.

Well thats about it.

SMASHFEST AT KENSHIN'S

3:00pm< (time of start)
Smash
Fourswords

All day and night. I don't have to work and won't be working so I won't pull the sleep john.
Peace

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Mr. Silver- Nice to see you have interest. Like we already said before, if we get enough interest by the 31st(which at this rate looks like we may need to) we will extend it to 2 days. As for housing you, that may be a bit difficult because most of us will be in school, but I am sure we could find some place for you to stay.

Jake- Well i may be teamin up with Soupnazi or Joshu but i feither o fthose dont work out ill team with you. Tech ^_^

this tourny is already lookin too good

JJ

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by David Kirk

EDIT: JJ, if you really want to practice and everything to get good, if I make it, we will play for some cash and you can size up how well you have been practicing. Deal?
Hey why not how about $10

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Silver- here in the states, this tourn. will be during MLK weekend, so I don't think it'll be too hard to find you housing. I'll volunteer to house you know ( I live 10-15 min. from the site). Thanks for your interest in MOAST, and if you decide to come, you will not regret it at all :)

Everyone else- I'm still pumped about the interest being shown, and hope yall decide to make it out (even though it's 5th months away)

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem isn't housing for the weekend, it's housing before that. As far as I know there's an 8 hour time difference between the Netherlands and Texas. So I have to get there a few days before the tournament to have some time to get over the jet lag. If it's one day and starts on Sunday I'd want to arrive on Thursday, if it's 2 days and starts on Saturday I'd aim for Wednesday. For the way back I plan on leaving either on Monday or Theusday, depending on the time of the flights. (I'd like to avoid having to leave at 5 AM the morning after the tournament again) That means I'd need housing for quite a few days. But that's still a long way off. No point in stressing over housing if I'm not even sure if I can make it. First I'm going to focus on actually getting the money I need in time.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We'll make it work, MrSilver ;) While I shouldn't be volunteering them without their knowing, you can probably stay with either Silas or Cory. But I dunno, I'd hate for you to stay with people you don't know...

What? You know Silas and Cory? Well it's not like you teamed with one of them. ;)

But yeah, good luck in obtaining the funding. We'll do everything we can from this end.

I'm interested to hear some in-staters weigh in on the 1-day vs 2-day issue. Afterall, that's the reason we're jumping around: a 2-day event kicks *** for OOS, and a 1-day event is easier for in-staters. But so far it seems to be unanimously 2-day, which I guess isn't surprising.

Our only concern about 2-day was the risk involved. Since H2YL has a tournament a few weeks before us, we wanted to make sure we could reach our guarantees. But it's looking good, lets just hope hype is as good 3 months from now as it has been for the past 3 days ;)

So, Texas folks, what do you think about 1 day for a long 1v1 tournament with side events, or a 2 day with a bunch o' stuff but an increased need for housing? At the very least, we can pitch the main event as being on Sunday.

-Scav

darkrain

Smash Ace
bad***, Dallas is only about 8 hours from KC. You can count on my attendence as long as my car doesn't break down halfway through the trip (*cough* La Crosse tourney)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Scav, you know i have encouraged a 2 day tourny from the beginning. Though i do believe we should wait a little bit longer so we can get a bit more interest from the OOS people.

Darkrain- nice to see you wanna come. Ill make sure Kenshin goes ;)

ArcticDrac

Smash Cadet
Now THIS tournament sounds ideal for me... I'm a New Mexico gamer looking for some decent competition and loads of fun... see you there, for sure!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Don't worry David, I'll be a good enough partner I promise.;)

And Matt just like Sint, I've supported a two day gig from the beginning.

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Re: yo

Originally posted by ROBFALCO
i'll play you for 5 bucks cf vs cf. Do we have deal?
**** yeah, we got a deal man. I'm looking foward to this. I heard your CF is nuts. Well, about that 1 or 2 day thing... I definetely think it should be a 2 day tourney. I think it would attract alot more people to come if there were also team battles. Free housing too? D@mn, how could someone not wanna come to this?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'm thinking we should have a single elimination Matt tournament ;) there's way too many of us. Geez, even the Store owner's name is Matt. Only Matts, Matthews, or Matthjis need apply!

-Scav

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
my name is kind alike Matt only pronouced and spelled differently ^_^

Anyway, the usual challenges stand- Luigi, Ness, and Mario dittos for all. O and pichu dittos. those rock so much ^_^

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
If everyone wants a 2-day tourney, try to sandbag against the n00bs. I don't want them to come one day and then be scared off the 2nd day :). Give them the feeling they have a chance to win haha.

Or.. we could solve the problem and make them pay for everything the 1st day... But I'm juss worrying locals here mite not be too happy about 35+ bucks to spend all at once.

Blind

Honorbound
Hah, this in-stater is voting for two days. I'd hate for an ultimate smash fest like this to end quickly. And did I misunderstand or is there the possibility of a 2v2?

SoupNazi

Smash Cadet
Yep.. You know I am coming.. And you know you are giving me a ride Matt. I can bring whatever and will help out with whatever. Gee Gee.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
As of now there will be no team tournament, because there won't be enough time in only one day.

However, if you guys keep telling us that you prefer two days, (you're doing great so far, just keep up the good work,) and we'll make it two days and have both a 1 vs 1 tournament (on Sunday) and a 2 vs 2 tournament (on Saturday).

And I'm all for a 2 day tournament, so just keep yelling at us til we make it so :chuckle:

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Dr.drew is right (keep of the good work with the two day idea).

Also- when you guys from swf come the 1st day (hoping it's a two day tourn.) sandbag a bit. Cause with the one on ones on Sunday, that will guarantee a bigger pot.

Finally- anyone know an O.K. smash community?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Bah, there's no need to sandbag ;) a lot of people do anyways.

If people don't come for the second day, that's our fault as hosts, not their fault as players. They're here for fun, and for a lot of people sandbagging isn't fun. I'm confident enough in our abilities to throw a good time that we can get people to come back for day 2.

Play however you want, whenever you want.

-Scav

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Yes well I vote for MOAST 3 to be two days...with one day dedicated to a 2 v 2 tournament lol.

Top Bottom