• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

CORY

wut
BRoomer
alright, i guess i should make the announcement here:

if you're staying for an extended time (i.e. mrsilver staying for a week) you NEED to get in touch with ME asap, kay? i'll be handling the long term guys, but i need to know who's gonna be here for how long so i can start running it past my mom and we can get ready for whoever'll be at my place.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I personally believe mewtwo can only place high in a tourney if

1. The tourney isn't that big
2. The tourney doesn't have too many good players
3. Bracket is easy
4. You're one lucky *******

But yea... any decent marth can juss destroy a good mewtwo. Getting Drew's Marth down to one stock in a 4 stock match is outrageously tough, and I usually get 2 stocked.

However, a low tier tourney takes away those gay top tiers.. :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I have to ask, is there going to be an insane amount of Dr. Pepper present at this event? Because I'm a bit of a DP-Fiend.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i always have dr. pepper... after flipping my old car (which could go to and halfway back from san antonio on one tank of gas!!!) it's all i have left : (

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE AND DR PEPPER!??!??!!!!!??!!! Pepsi is the best anyway ;)

Anyway, me and Silas(the Diah Duo) will be runnin the crwe tourny. We will most likely use the Ship of Fools' system(if that is alright with you guys). We havent finalized which system we will use yet but we will be sure to announce it when we do.

And bah to Mewtwo, Pichu is the better pokemon ^_^

JJ

Smash Journeyman
hey Root Beer is the best soda. Anyway why the **** are we talking about sodas when this is a tournament topic.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by JJ
hey Root Beer is the best soda. Anyway why the **** are we talking about sodas when this is a tournament topic.
Because if Dr. Pepper was not to be provided, I was going to bring some. But since Cory's got it under control, you can get back to the discussion.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hey, if anyone gives me 5 dollars, I'll give you a 6 pack of Dublin Dr Pepper ;) it's the original DP bottling company, and the only DP in the world that is made with actual Imperial Sugar.

Or maybe 4 dollars. Hehe. But tell me soon or I'll drink it all :p

3 dollars?

Free? Anybody want some Dublin DP?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off JJ has a point... let's try to keep this at least somewhere close to smash related guys

secondly Coke > Pepsi > DP ;)

And it's looking like we'll have just a 1 vs 1 low tier and crew tournaments in addition to the teams and 1 vs 1 tournaments, everything else would be too much effort without enough reward.

and of course daily random prizes and the newest national craze, the Level 1 Challenge :starman:

However, we'll still have GGXX, Naruto 2/3, and **** I'll even bring my 64 so people can play old smash and perfect dark (we've really been playing those too much lately :crazy: )

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by Dr DrewtheDragon
First off JJ has a point... let's try to keep this at least somewhere close to smash related guys
Maybe you guys think I was kidding, but I can assure you I wasn't. This isn't a Smash topic, this is a Tournament topic, and the refreshments provided are a valid topic of discussion.

And Scav, I will totally pay you 5$ for that Dr. Pepper. Don't drink it! :crazy:

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Scav don't give McFox that Dr. Pepper. Bring it to TGA I'll pay you 5.50 for it. Also where did everyone get those cool moast banners?

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
God gave them to us

And then there was light.

No but seriously, our friend Doug juss made banners for all of the staff members. I'm pretty sure it's juss for staff lol. O_o

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Pepper all the way. Nothin can beat it's great taste and lovely advertisements. C2 huh? Oh, and matt, or hmatt, I'll take the free one.Oh...and ah....go MOAST 3! I'll be there. Won't you?

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Well, Dr. Pepper's national headcorters is in Plano, so there's plenty of it around McFox. And I still have the prize going for whoever is the first to stay at my place, wins a free Inuyasha doll :) and several DBZ box sets.

kabuki64

Smash Rookie
Wow so many things are being add to this tournament its hard to keep up I mean Perfect Dark, Dr. Pepper (although nothing beats Cream Soda), and now a crew tourny. By the by what is a cew tourny exactly? My understanding is that its a group of people vs another group of people but does it have to be a certain amount of people or can it be 2+ number of people. If so then me quinten and his brother could be some sorta crew I guess, any more info would be appreciated. Oh and how about adding some 007 to that list of N64 games.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Couple of things:

Teflon Climbers:
Money matches with --
Bahamut3585
I money-matched DSF for 2 cents. I'd be willing to play you for that same amount. Heck, I'll DOUBLE that. 4 cents on the line, biatch.

Seriously, I'm not any good w. money matches, and after Christmas and my ensuing December 26th Video-Game-Buying Marathon, I'm not gonna have much cash on me except for change from buying M&M's from the gas station. 4 cents.

Next, I'm glad that people are interested in MK:DD. I've got an adapter, I know Scav has one (two? I forget), and a couple other people mentioned that they had one. If you all bring bba's, and a couple people bring ethernet cords, I can provide the LAN adapter.

If someone's bringing an N64, we need Conker's Bad Fur Day or Mariokart 64 on that. Definetly.

I hope all you people who stay at CORY's know that he has, like, NINE CATS in his house that come and go as they please. So if you're allergic/freaked out by kitties, you might wanna try the local Holiday Inn.

btw, CORY, your avatar is ugly. Scav and Mc9, not so much.

McFox, you should visit Dublin, Texas, where the original Dr Pepper (no period! It's a conspiricy! [/8-bit theater reference]) plant is located. They sell soda made with REAL SUGAR, not just corn syrup. That stuff is the best EVAR.

Edit: Couple more things: First of all, someone should probably edit the first post to say that this is a 2 day thing. Second of all, I'm gonna need a partner for this tourney, possibly. I MIGHT be bringing my little brother, and possibly my woman, but if anyone wants to be on deck for a team partner let me know.

vipor

Smash Rookie
ill pay a buck a bottle for some dublin dp. drove through there on the way to padre a lil while back. sooooo worth it. if you cant have that, nothing beats a FREEZING CAN of dp.

****, ill play you for a bottle. ill lose. but ill buy it from you afterwards. ;x

oh yeah, and i will own H2 and Prime2 by the tourney and can bring both w/ hardware if needed

if it costs more than a buck a bottle, ill pay that, but i dont think its that much. they're only 10oz bottles arent they? i cant remember, too much "mind altering" since then, lol, naw, just too lazy to go to my dads and look at the bottles

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Cole has an excellent point Conker is needed ;)

to answer Kabuki, this is how the system works to my knowledge(this is alot easier to explain in person)

Im gonna use the FC way

alright you take a crew of 4-6 smashers and divide 18 stock between them. Once you decided how much stock each of you have, you decide the order and the characters you will use(every must be the character they selected and only that character, for that set at least). Now, both teams are having their first player play against each other. Know in the case the players have different stock, lets say player A has 4 stock and player B has 3 stock. player B will suicide once to make it so he has 3 stock.

Now lets say player A won with 2 stock left, he will go on to the next match with that 2 stock, he will not need to get back the percentage he had in the last match. Now lets the match up is Falco vs Ganondorf. Now lets say that the Ganon player doesnt want to fight the falco. once teh ganon player dies and reappears on the invinceable platform thingy, he can choose whether to substitute another player in for him. The falco player will have the stock he had whenever the Ganon player decided to substitute. Eahc crew is allowed once Substitution per set.

Which ever crew runs out of their stock 1st loses. Hope this is clear, if it isnt Ill ask a kish to explain it better for you.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Hey!, do any of u think u can house the Converse Crew if we go to MOAST that'd be great:p

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Yeah sure Sevens could house Converse

*crickets chriping*

seriously, once we finalize who will be housing non-long term people(people like converse) we will tell you who will be housing.

SO STOP ASKING!!! THERE WILL BE HOUSING YOU FREE LOADERS >_>

sorry ^_^

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
N64 stuff: first of all, I want to stress that there WON'T be any tournaments for N64, just in case I was misunderstood earlier, too much work...

However, I'll bring my 64 for free play purposes, and Tru-gamerz might even have a couple of them there too now that I think about it...

I do have Goldeneye, but I don't have Conker or MK64... though I'm sure I can find people that do, or you could just bring your own:rolleyes:

and we'll figure out housing soon enough:)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No one's actually been to the place where it's being held yet right?

I ask because I have something to ask whoever's going there first. Whoever's going, please keep an eye out for any hotels that are within walking distance. It'll be bad enough trying to navigate Dallas, worse if I have to drive to the place too. So if there are any hotels around, please let me know.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
MCFOX- I've driven by the place while I was still in town about 100 times, it is a great location (right off Bush), has about 5500 sq ft. and it is run by gamers. As for hotels- there are PLENTY in the area, just hit me on im (tennisjun) and I can tell you where they are. There's 2-3 La Quinta's, Comfot Inn's, Holiday Inn's, etc. BTW, you can stay at my place or Drdrews. We are both within 10 minutes of Tru-Gamerz. It would be easier if you stayed at one of the dkrew's house, but I would just tru convince your parents (you have till JAN. Plenty of time) :)

kabuki64

Smash Rookie
Heh its okay Sintenal, from what I could make of your post it seems that it will be some sort of survival type thing in which we all play untill we run out of stock for our team. Well it dosnt sound to difficult I'll probably get the hang of it after seeing other people play.

Also I can bring a copy of Mario Kart 64 if I can some how find it by tourny time, and 007 if need be.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by RyokoYaksa
Did someone say Mario Kart 64...?

Now you've went and done it. All MK64 players will suffer peachy defeat by my hand.
Wario gonna pwn yo ***, punk.

Update: My woman will be at my side with the best G&W I have ever had the privilege to play.

And she and I will beat the crap out of everyone in MKDD.

D

Deleted member

I will be bringing Kirby Super Star. We shall have much insanity =)

Can anyone bring a Super NES?

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Cloud- all you need to tell us is when your plane or bus arrives, and we'll arrange for someone to pick you up and take you to a house or a hotel (whichever you want, but most likely a house)

Top Bottom