• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mmmm....It's Mac Time!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Urban Champion????....uhmm...are we still talking about Punch out??? XDDD
No, we're talking about the game, Urban Champion, who was one of the "retro" characters being considered in Melee, but he wasn't chosen, because he had no special moves besides punching.

But, anyway, back to Punc-Out!!, right? King Hippo would have been nice, but seeing as Little Mac's an AT, he's pretty much down for the count...

Or maybe he could be a boss?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
No, we're talking about the game, Urban Champion, who was one of the "retro" characters being considered in Melee, but he wasn't chosen, because he had no special moves besides punching.

But, anyway, back to Punc-Out!!, right? King Hippo would have been nice, but seeing as Little Mac's an AT, he's pretty much down for the count...

Or maybe he could be a boss?
*gaps* with a big boxing ring as a stage!!.....*gasps* AND MARIO AS THE REFEREE!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH:(:cry::crying:
today is E for all i bet L.A Fans are playing brawl right now:grrr:
any ways i was thinking since he is already an assist trophy
do you think their will be unlocked assist trophies?:confused:

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
lilmac is a good choice for an AT, glad to see him. I don't really care that he isn't playable. His game was kind of dull.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo i don't understand how people can b like he has a limited moveset lol. fox rides a freakin arwing n neva got out till smash 64. captain falcon was in his car driving until smash 64. MARIO WAS HOPPING ON PEOPLE OR DOIN BUTTSTOMP/COIN COLLECTING TILL SMASH 64. lil mac could of had many things done 2 him. when punch out came out mad people use 2 play that game n i feel itz disrespectful to put that character as an at n not only that, he would of brought sumthin different 2 the table instead of us havin like 4 swordsmens like in melee. it would of been cool 2 have a boxer, but i don't count out a boxer just yet, cuz this game goes based of recent games , so i think the one from super punch out might make it n if not then not.

BUM163

Smash Lord
oh n 2 the person that said jill dozer better not be an at. u better look at a video of her drillin lol in castle siege wit yoshi, metaknight, mario n sumone else. shez an a 4 sure at lol.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
yo i don't understand how people can b like he has a limited moveset lol. fox rides a freakin arwing n neva got out till smash 64. captain falcon was in his car driving until smash 64. MARIO WAS HOPPING ON PEOPLE OR DOIN BUTTSTOMP/COIN COLLECTING TILL SMASH 64. lil mac could of had many things done 2 him. when punch out came out mad people use 2 play that game n i feel itz disrespectful to put that character as an at n not only that, he would of brought sumthin different 2 the table instead of us havin like 4 swordsmens like in melee. it would of been cool 2 have a boxer, but i don't count out a boxer just yet, cuz this game goes based of recent games , so i think the one from super punch out might make it n if not then not.
u made one mistake.... in Super Mario 64 Mario was able to Punch and do a 360 throw and fly...and in the Super Mario games u for got how he could glide with a cape and shoot fire balls....oh and there's a lot more for mario...but yeah u get what i mean....oh and dont double post senor (^^)v

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol bum's double posting? shows that a good smasher can still have problems with the boards and the english language.

How does moreliator have 0 posts? and these are boards, no php.

oh, the topic. yeah, it's an assist trophie. and someone i cannot see being in smash as a full character.He just doesn't really fit with it. Well neither does snake. meh.

burrito

Smash Lord
I am still kind of sad to see Little Mac as an assist trophy. He had a lot of potential. Obviously many people don't envision him the way I do. Constantly moving, jabbing and punching. Oh and a boxing ring level with the Punch out Theme would have been awesome. I don't think that he would have had a limited moveset. His B moves would be a bit similar to Marth, probably, and his a moves would have been totally original, I think.

Mostly, though, I was hoping that Nintendo might want to revitalize the Punch Out franchise. I really want a Punch Out on the Wii and I think this shows that it probably won't happen. Little Mac is nothing more than a throwback to retro Nintendo

Still, I'm glad to see Little Mac in Brawl in some form. I kind of expected that it was going to turn out like this.

WOLFgang457 said:
First Lyn now Little Mac, who's next on the AT chopping block Sakurai, Jill from Drill Dozer? I hope not.
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but Jill has already been show as an assist trophy. You can see her in the IGN video on the castle siege stage.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol yea i'm good in the game, but i suck in life. naaa like my characters i'm a fan of lil mac n huge fan of ridley. i'm just disappointed, that a real fighter, sakurai couldn't come up wit moves? ahhhh ridley better b playable

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
lol yea i'm good in the game, but i suck in life. naaa like my characters i'm a fan of lil mac n huge fan of ridley. i'm just disappointed, that a real fighter, sakurai couldn't come up wit moves? ahhhh ridley better b playable
and I will be sitting back on a recliner, eating cheetos, while witnessing the fact that Sakurai will CRUSH your dreams and only make Ridley a boss character XDDDDDDD

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
if they made this guy a playable character

if they made this guy a playable character they would have to make him have captain falcons moves from melee which they could never do because captain falcon is awesome and should not be tampered with. too bad there aren't to be any clones:ohwell:

burrito

Smash Lord
if they made this guy a playable character they would have to make him have captain falcons moves from melee which they could never do because captain falcon is awesome and should not be tampered with. too bad there aren't to be any clones:ohwell:
Right, how would Little Mac be anything like Falcon? Falcon attacks a lot with his legs and last time I checked that is frowned upon in boxing. Mac would have been original.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I thought this update was lackluster for the most part. I've never known of Little Mac nor do I care so that's why. I believe Friday will be a better update.

burrito

Smash Lord
well, at least he could have been given the Falcon Punch
I don't think it would have fit him. A punch that you manually charge up would have been better. Like Marth's shield breaker, except a punch. So, as I said, if anything Mac's B moves would be similar to Marth's except punch attacks, for example, Mac would definitely need a counter since countering is a major part of fighting in Punch Out. His A attacks would be totally original, though.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
I had high hopes for Little Mac being the boxing fan that I am, and it would've been cool to have seen someone fairly average in smash. Though even I'll admit he probably will fit fine there until they conceive a moveset for him for SSB4.
But this starting to be a bit of a letdown seeing some of my most wanted characters becoming assist trophies. First Lyn now Little Mac, who's next on the AT chopping block Sakurai, Jill from Drill Dozer? I hope not.
Jill from Drill Dozer is a AT Already so sorry.

I am happy that the Little Mac is in the game and in 3-D Awesome!

DGK all day

Smash Apprentice
man i was so heartbroken by this update but well at least he is 3d and looks tight. Better than his fight night look.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but Jill has already been show as an assist trophy. You can see her in the IGN video on the castle siege stage.
Yeah, my friend showed me that video today after some character discussion. Two characters deconfirmed in one day kinda sucks but I at least have other hopefuls like Sukapon and Muddy Mole.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
It was a good idea he is kinda impossible to be playable...what would his specials be?:confused:

RazorwireTroop

Smash Cadet
o.o

Little Mac. Hm. that's awesome. you know it would be great if we had 8-bit's of our Roster to be on the fight. Think about it. Just the idea would be fantastic to send out an 8-bit Mario against a 16-bit Sonic.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
When I heard LM was in as an Assist I thought he would appear in8 bit form. However, I think the 3D revamp is great.

Top Bottom