• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
y keep it up until 9 (midnight) again? should make it like, 5 or 6 or something. just a lil extra time for everyone, not a whole day >.>

anyways, leavin for cali today. me and 4 others from WA have a 20+ hour drive ahead of us. should be fun. see you guys there!

Eggz

Smash Hero
ill sleep outside saturday night, thats cool.

tents are for losers

sleeping bags are where its at

EDIT: ive never cuddled under the stars before...
Tents are indeed for losers.

As is not sleeping in major streets. Major streets got nothin on me!

Can't wait to see everyone friday/saturday!

Arash

Smash Lord
i think the point was that cops will see a bunch of people illegally sleeping outside, and will crack down...

though the law in san bernardino might be different than in OC, i'm sure the cops will frown on that behavior...

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, you don't have to be there at 8am. That's just when the venue opens. You absolutely have to be there and registered by 10am, though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
And I thought the car trip from Oregon was long. You WA guys've gotta go through a whole extra state. We're leaving tomorrow morning. Zzzzzzz.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Speaking of Oregon, I decided to seed ya'll as Washington players. I figure you play with them more than with CA, right? So if there was anyone you'd prefer to be seeded away from, it would be the WA guys?

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
You don't need circulation to have the warm air rise.

The real reason it feels cooler is that the breeze is consistently blowing away the thermal boundary layer of air around your body, i.e. the air that your body has heated up is blown away to be replaced by cooler air. Also the breeze carries away moist air from near your body which allows a greater evaporative rate from your body, making sweating more effective.

Strictly speaking, having fans on can only generate heat, since it is just an engine, but they make you FEEL cooler, which is what's important.

wow. i dont know what to say

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Hey james, can you bring a crate of ramen down? I ran out of the last one you left at my house from 0c2 about a month ago and ive got no instant ramen now! :(

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
JV is emailing MLG right now. He says it will probably take an hour for registration to get back up. We're going to ask for it to stay open until MIDNIGHT LOCAL TIME. Yes, that's 11:59 PM on the west coast :). I'll try to post when it's officially back open, but I have class around noon-ish so I might not be here when it goes back up.

SO YES, REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN TODAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT PST. Too good.

Jamo: Some time Friday.

Bunnypuffs

Smash Rookie
Hey, did anyone else have problems registering?

I went to the MLG site and bought the thing yesterday with two of my friends. We never got our receipts by email. It also charged paypal 4 times for 3 registrations. So there's an extra order number not associated with any of the account purchase histories. HMM.

Also, what do we need to register? Is the email receipt super important? I can't get ahold of MLG at all.... I left a message and emailed them a couple times, but... nothing yet. Seeing as the competition is y'know, SOON, we're all worried about this. =/

Heeelp?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bunnypuffs: ok, you're on the registration list for 4 singles and 2 doubles. Try posting in the Pac West forum if you'd like to sell one of those passes.

I do believe registration is back up now, everyone. There aren't too many passes left, so hurry up and buy yours!

malva00

Smash Master
I just bought one my account is malva00

the store is tricky they don't have a separate box for middle initial. and when i added credit card i chose to have the same billing address but it didn't say anything about the name with the address

ooo i got the mlg e-mail

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Come to think about it I never got a receipt by email either. Is that important for when we get there, or is it in the database for when we arrive? My MLG account name is Hitaku. Thanks ^^

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Check your spam folder Hitaku. That's where my receipt was at.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Ya, that was my first guess as well. Sadly though after throughly searching, its not there. =(

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just signed up for singles and doubles, my account name is oiMrXio

For singles, name = Mr.X

My doubles partner's name = Boom

Team Name = X-Plode

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The MLG confirmation isn't a giant deal I think (nealdt u can have me remove this if im wrong) but assuming since SCC is sponsored by MLG as *pound* 2 was, I can pretty surely say that you will only need to have your info incase there is a problem - as in, someone else tries to say they are you, you arent on the list, etc. It wouldnt hurt to bring the confirmation, but if neal has confirmed the fact ur registered, u should 99.9% be fine

edit: MLG name: Plairnkk

tournament name: CapableFish

teammate: forkgirl

team name: team chipotle

<3

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
OHHHHHH SNAP he's not a gimpyfish because he's using sheik

plenty capable!

TEAM NAME CHIPOTLE!

PLANK IS GONNA WIN THIS TOURNAMENT IN SINGLES AND DOUBLES

GOOOOOOOO PLANK!!!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yay! Just got my PayPal receipt!
Double Yay! I finished all my homework for the weekend.
Triple yay! The smash community is too cute!

MLG name: Rickety
Tournament name: Rickety

Teammate: Maple
Team Name: hearts and smiles <3

Too cute!

<3
rick(ety)

araknophobik

Smash Master
mlg name: araknophobik
tourny name: araknophobik
teamate name: evilnemesis
team name:
If we place higher than mike y and knives then they are buying us a big breakfast

i hope the name isn't too long =]

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I need to get a new controller since i don't actually have one, but i can't find a nintendo brand controller anywhere, just generic ones. Anybody have any suggestions on where i can get one? And i already tried ebay, they only have generic ones that look almost exactly like the real ones (they just don't say nintendo gamecube on it), and a few used nintendo controllers, which i'm not feeling either. Suggestions?

VANS

Smash Ace
2 days ago i was lucky enough to go to a mall in the middle of nowhere..i thought id check out the EB games there and BAM..one gamecube controller left ^_^ i snatched it right away..its not the generic one either

Rickety

Peace and Love
Be careful if you do buy those eBay ones that look like the real thing, sans logo. Bone bought some like that, but all of them were plagued with problems. Unresponsive Buttons, faulty triggers, and even the plastic feels more like rough sandpaper-ish plastic than the smooth feel of official ones.

I think it'd be best to scour the stores in your area. Wouldn't an online purchase take a few days?

Good Luck! :]

<3
rick(ety)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom